Breaking news!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Saddam Hussein: epic

Osama Bin Laden: took FOREVER, but epic

anyone in Arab Spring: Tweet teh epicness

Kim Jong Il: turned into a cockroach and ... no, just plain died ... EPIC FAIL
Yeah, but the difference is, we had military operations in those two countries and assisted in Libya, but we didn't do anything to North Korea (yet, and hopefully ever... we'd find a way to botch that up). Kim took terrible care of himself and died because of it. It does mean his equally hedonistic imbecile son will come into power forever and foreseeable will be just as crappy a ruler.

I'd also like to point out Bin Laden was NEVER a dictator... he was basically a cult leader. Like Warren Jeffs, that guy who took everyone into the jungle an forced them to drink poison. Some kook that claimed religion as an excuse to do whatever he wanted.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd also like to point out Bin Laden was NEVER a dictator... he was basically a cult leader. Like Warren Jeffs, that guy who took everyone into the jungle an forced them to drink poison. Some kook that claimed religion as an excuse to do whatever he wanted.
Right, deluding his followers into becoming "martyrs" for the cause. I didn't see him hijacking those planes, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Right, deluding his followers into becoming "martyrs" for the cause. I didn't see him hijacking those planes, heh.

Why would he? He wants to be a fat figure head that did nothing and watched all his idiot followers kill themselves and get captured and tortured from his cozy little hideout... periodically emerging to make a fake rally tape.

That is, unless you believe in a bigger conspiracy and feel that he was just a character the US exploited as a face to pin something bigger on.

beaker

Reaction score
For anyone who has ever read George Orwell's 1984, Osama bin Laden is more like the Emmanuel Goldstein character from the book. In fact it's scary how much 1984 translates to things that have been going on since 2001.

That is, unless you believe in a bigger conspiracy and feel that he was just a character the US exploited as a face to pin something bigger on.
*raises hands* :wink:

Every democrat, right winger ,conservative points at bin Laden and completely misses looking at the rich powerful UAE/Saudi/Arab elites pumping money and pulling strings behind bin Laden. No way one guy alone could have masterminded something like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Every democrat, right winger ,conservative points at bin Laden and completely misses looking at the rich powerful UAE/Saudi/Arab elites pumping money and pulling strings behind bin Laden. No way one guy alone could have masterminded something like that.
I always found it maddening and hilarious that we make oil deals with crazy rich guys who want to blow us all up, but we're apparently too proud to suck up to Venezuela, who basically just called Bush a devil, even though they were willing to give us their oil cheap. They're the ONLY nation that gives cheap oil to fuel relief programs for the poor... even our own government refuses to do that.

Still, the only terrorist group that's an actual threat is in Africa. Christian groups claim that they're prosecuted in this country, but at least they can safely walk the streets here. Horrible things are happening to Christians and other religious minorities in places like Nigeria, and they're all upset about idiot politicians caving into groups that want to call them "Holiday Trees." GAW, this country is too full of itself.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but we're apparently too proud to suck up to Venezuela, who basically just called Bush a devil, even though they were willing to give us their oil cheap. They're the ONLY nation that gives cheap oil to fuel relief programs for the poor... even our own government refuses to do that.
Too bad Venezuela can't be just as kind to its own people.

Horrible things are happening to Christians and other religious minorities in places like Nigeria, and they're all upset about idiot politicians caving into groups that want to call them "Holiday Trees." GAW, this country is too full of itself.
Very well put!

beaker

Reaction score
I always found it maddening and hilarious that we make oil deals with crazy rich guys who want to blow us all up, but we're apparently too proud to suck up to Venezuela, who basically just called Bush a devil, even though they were willing to give us their oil cheap. They're the ONLY nation that gives cheap oil to fuel relief programs for the poor... even our own government refuses to do that.

Still, the only terrorist group that's an actual threat is in Africa. Christian groups claim that they're prosecuted in this country, but at least they can safely walk the streets here. Horrible things are happening to Christians and other religious minorities in places like Nigeria, and they're all upset about idiot politicians caving into groups that want to call them "Holiday Trees." GAW, this country is too full of itself.
I saw that, about all those Christian churches being blown up and people killed in Nigeria. So much hate in this world.

In some "Christian" Carribean and many "Christian" African nations, gay/lesbian/transgendered people are routinely chased down and massacred, or rounded up by the government. In some Muslim nations as well as communist nations like China, Christians are persecuted and at the least shown they are not welcome. In modern day Iraq, Christian churches, as well as Sunni mosques are bombed. In many Muslim nations it's punishable by death to convert from Islam to Judaism or Christianity.
In the former Yugoslavia, there's still a lot of tensions between Christian Serbs and ethnic Muslim Albanians. In Northern Ireland, there'ss still a generational sense of animosity toward protestants. And tho the US media shies from covering it, almost the entire country of Mexico is being ravaged by horrific carnage.

In America? Aside from the occasional hate crime, we have it relatively easy. I live in a neighborhood where it's not uncommon to see Hindu and Sikh Indian families, Muslims, African immigrants and sometimes even Russians amidst the usual yuppy soccer mom variety. Zero crime where I live as well thankfully

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In America? Aside from the occasional hate crime, we have it relatively easy. I live in a neighborhood where it's not uncommon to see Hindu and Sikh Indian families, Muslims, African immigrants and sometimes even Russians amidst the usual yuppy soccer mom variety. Zero crime where I live as well thankfully
Very true, I do get a little annoyed when people talk about how intolerant America supposedly is. No we're not perfect but let's have some perspective here, people! This isn't 1950 and we HAVE come a long way. :smile:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Or just buy the oil from their friendliest neighboors. *cough*Canada*cough*

Christian groups claim that they're prosecuted in this country, but at least they can safely walk the streets here. Horrible things are happening to Christians and other religious minorities in places like Nigeria, and they're all upset about idiot politicians caving into groups that want to call them "Holiday Trees." GAW, this country is too full of itself.
THANK YOU for bringing this up. I have a lot of immigrant Nigerian friends (who are Christians) and I do believe one of the main factors that caused them to make the choice to emigrate from Nigeria was all of the persecution that was occuring there. Man, Americans and Canadians (myself included) have no idea how good we really have it, you know?

beaker

Reaction score
Very true, I do get a little annoyed when people talk about how intolerant America supposedly is. No we're not perfect but let's have some perspective here, people! This isn't 1950 and we HAVE come a long way. :smile:
Yeah, in a way it's reversed...even black folks will tell you it's some black neighborhoods where you don't want to be caught in...whereas back a few decades it was various white areas you didn't want to be in if you were of color or different. Or any area(southeast asian, latino, lower income white, etc) where crime and gang activity is rather high.