Bringing you the Truth...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Seriously, America's level of Stockholm syndrome is scary. It's apparently evil to want the rich to pay a stunning 4.25% more of taxes?
It is interesting that the people complain the loudest about taxing the rich...are not rich people, heh. But they've bought into the propaganda that the rich people represent the success they themselves might be able to have someday if they work hard. They don't want to admit that the wealthy aren't interested in sharing the wealth, even if you do work hard.

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven." There is a reason that's in the Bible. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is interesting that the people complain the loudest about taxing the rich...are not rich people, heh. But they've bought into the propaganda that the rich people represent the success they themselves might be able to have someday if they work hard. They don't want to admit that the wealthy aren't interested in sharing the wealth, even if you do work hard.
Well, most of them are also stock holders... the most elite of the elite are the Neo-Cons... the left think they're so smart... but no matter how smart and smug they pretend to be, there's nothing compared to the smugness of a Neo-Con.

Way I see it, as far as traditional cons and neo cons go, at least traditional cons believe in their belief system because they were raised to. Neo-Cons just use traditional cons to get votes. It's those very Neo-Cons that tout the importance of morals, provided they don't have to ever follow them.Lying, cheating, stealing, supporting their corporate masters... a far cry form the Christianity and morality the traditional cons hold so dear. But it doesn't matter, the Neos use the propaganda machine to control the Traditionals with fear. The Neos are the ones that tell the Traditionals that it's great that the beast is feeding on them. They're the ones that send their kids to fight wars they profiteer from. Why aren't more Traditional conservatives banding together against the Neo-Cons?

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven." There is a reason that's in the Bible. :wink:
I'm going to have to be one of those who say (and I hate saying this) business isn't evil... shady, shifty, gluttonous, cheating, lying, untrustworthy... but not evil. And not in general (but, let's face it... for the most part).

Once again, I must say, it shouldn't be a rally against corporate greed... it's a rally against corporate gluttony. These companies are literally hoarding their wealth, not sharing it by capitalist means of creating jobs and expanding, but rather begging Uncle Sam for OUR money (again, tax cuts that cause revenue to come mostly from us as well as corporate welfare) so they can take that money overseas, pay sweatshop prices, and then pass NO savings onto the consumer. They want no government involvement in regulations when, if they were honest enough to regulate themselves, it wouldn't be a problem either way. That's like telling a kid to do what they're supposed to do and expect them to do it. Unregulated companies are like children without supervision... they're a danger to themselves and others. YET, they keep begging for more money to do what they're supposed to do only not to do it.

So basically a kid who wants no parental supervision and keeps getting a generous allowance for (for the sake of the analogy) flunking classes, bullying students, having a filthy room, not feeding the pets, and just generally being on their worst and laziest behavior. I ask you, if you were a parent, would you keep rewarding a misbehaving brat? Why should the government?

I hear all these anti-government involvement in corporations people, and I'm agreeing to their sentiment on my terms. If companies can be trusted in self regulation, the government should step aside. But that's not going to happen. But the Government should ALSO not give OUR money to bribe companies to make jobs, even if they were using that money to actually create them. How come more Traditional Conservatives aren't banding together over industrial subsidies? Rules of capitalism, these companies need to use their OWN capital to create jobs.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm going to have to be one of those who say (and I hate saying this) business isn't evil... shady, shifty, gluttonous, cheating, lying, untrustworthy... but not evil. And not in general (but, let's face it... for the most part).
The Bible isn't saying making money is evil in itself. Just that it's very difficult for anyone to have a balance between money-making goals and more humanistic/spiritual ones.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some people do, some don't. I have a thing against Microsoft, but I like how Bill Gates devoted some of his life to charity voluntarily. PR or not, at least he's devoted to it, and unlike certain banks or oil companies, doesn't spend twice as much on advertisements and press releases saying how good they are.

I've said this for a while. We need more Scrooge McDucks (shrewd, smart businessmen that are successful, yet at least have a moral code of some sort) and less Flintheart Glomgolds (business men willing to cut corners and go through dishonest means and stomp on whoever they can to get to the top).

Back to Comic Book writer guy's rant. The fact he basically took a nasty poo on those not lucky enough to be born in better economic times doesn't bug me as much as his Islamaphobic new comic and rant that the protestors should go fight the dangerous quagmires that even a high number of conservatives are sick of. That shows how removed from reality he is. If he's still in a 9/12 state of mind, anything he says is the equivalent of screaming about elves stealing his shoes.

Now, getting off that subject... here's something I don't get. Newt Gingrich is starting to climb up in the polls when Herman Caine was falling because of his scandal. This is what bothers me... how is making a couple inappropriate passes at female employees ANY worse than dumping a cancer stricken wife with divorce papers because the husband was having an affair?

beaker

Reaction score
So was that Frank Miller blog entry everyone's talking about online a serious piece, or his attempt at The Onion humor? As it felt very Onion like, as if he was making fun of conservatives. I'll admit, I was a bit harsh on the Occupy folks...especially here in the bay area, they all just seemed like a bunch of directionless hipster college kids following a 4chan meme flash mob trend. But then I started seeing teachers, union workers, etc join in. I mean I "get it". Ive been talking about the (insert word for powers that be/banksters/corporate echelon/new world order/globalists) for years with no apologies. But the Occupy stuff just seemed kind of...well aimless.

And now, who will the Occupy people vote for with 2012 coming up? It's like we're down to the black guy who likes gays but has no problem bombing brown people every day. And then the other black guy, who is the most bigoted hardcore right winger Ive ever seen become a top GOP contender. Which sucks, as I love the story of a pizza entrepeneuer, given having my own pizza place would be a dream

Oh yeah, and Mitt Romney. I get the least creepy/bad vibe from him, compared to scary Bachman, crazy Perry and super right wing Cain. But he's just as bad policy wise. I like Ron Paul, but some of his social policies dont jibe with my liberal views.

Can we resurrect Bobby Kennedy and MLK from the grave or convince George Mcgovern to run again? :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Now, getting off that subject... here's something I don't get. Newt Gingrich is starting to climb up in the polls when Herman Caine was falling because of his scandal. This is what bothers me... how is making a couple inappropriate passes at female employees ANY worse than dumping a cancer stricken wife with divorce papers because the husband was having an affair?
Every politician is a sexual scumbag. Liberals worship Clinton and people like Edwards, but it was clear they like most Republicans couldnt keep it in their pants.

Thats why I personally believe the DC Madam was assassinated and made to look like a suicide, as she was threatening to go public with all the dirty little secrets she had on Republican clients

Drtooth

Reaction score
So was that Frank Miller blog entry everyone's talking about online a serious piece, or his attempt at The Onion humor? As it felt very Onion like, as if he was making fun of conservatives. I'll admit, I was a bit harsh on the Occupy folks...especially here in the bay area, they all just seemed like a bunch of directionless hipster college kids following a 4chan meme flash mob trend. But then I started seeing teachers, union workers, etc join in. I mean I "get it". Ive been talking about the (insert word for powers that be/banksters/corporate echelon/new world order/globalists) for years with no apologies. But the Occupy stuff just seemed kind of...well aimless.
Naw... apparently Frank Miller went off the deep end and now he's cluelessly Islamophobic. Now, I can dismiss the rest of his "one person does it, so they're all exactly like it" painting with a brush and his bitter old fart "Git a hair cut yuh Hippie" stuff that all the same conservatives who feed off the beast parrot... but the fact he says "We got a REAL enemy! Al Queda" and forcing everyone to go into the army to "whip some shape into them" (nothing says structure like seeing your best friends brutally slaughtered and having recurring nightmares and flashbacks only to come home and find you're tossed out on the street because there ain't no jobs)... that's a dangerous looney right there. The only Al Queda activity we've seen in recent years are actual loser spoiled brat kids who live with their parents getting bored and going online and sympathizing with decade old web board posts. Posers, if you will.

And now, who will the Occupy people vote for with 2012 coming up? It's like we're down to the black guy who likes gays but has no problem bombing brown people every day. And then the other black guy, who is the most bigoted hardcore right winger Ive ever seen become a top GOP contender. Which sucks, as I love the story of a pizza entrepeneuer, given having my own pizza place would be a dream

Oh yeah, and Mitt Romney. I get the least creepy/bad vibe from him, compared to scary Bachman, crazy Perry and super right wing Cain. But he's just as bad policy wise. I like Ron Paul, but some of his social policies dont jibe with my liberal views.
I wish I had that Boondocks strip from 2004. The one where Dewey (is it?) had an internal argument with himself if he should support John Kerry, even though he voted for the Iraq War because it was their only chance against another Bush term. That's basically the same thing here. A lot of the stuff the OWS are against were under his watch and the machinations of the left as well as the right... but the question is, will they suffer through someone they're against out of fear of the other party, or will they split the vote to make a statement, only to be even more angry that a Republican got back in and wants to do even worse damage?

For that matter, HELLO REPUBLICANS! These guys could very well split the vote for Obama giving you a lead. I'd tend to think a bunch of lefties that don't like him would be appreciated in your no holds barred, everything but the kitchen sink tactics to claw your way back in charge. But instead, you bad mouth them to people who do the SAME exact thing, only have a darker, nastier message. You can use BOTH of them.

Ron Paul and John Huntsman are the only Republicans that don't disgust the heck out of me. Cain's an idiot. Let's leave it at that. The I don't care about Ubekibekibekistanistan thing just tells me he'll bomb ANY country he doesn't know about. Bachman is a beard. A crazy, backwards beard. Kristen Wiig playing her on SNL is as fitting as Tina Fey's Sarah Palin. Perry is all kinds of nuts and backwards. Newt's a self righteous a moral speaker of morality (Gays are evil. Straight people who have affairs with their cancer stricken wives and divorce them while going after someone else who has an affair will be welcomed into the kingdom of heaven). Romney's a snake oil salesman Ne0Con that ruined the state of Massachusettes (and he's still the better of the popular candidates). At least ron's the only one I trust to not jump into Iran.

Can we resurrect Bobby Kennedy and MLK from the grave or convince George Mcgovern to run again? :smile:
Is it bad if I say Teddy Roosevelt? We need those Anti-Trust rules again.

Every politician is a sexual scumbag. Liberals worship Clinton and people like Edwards, but it was clear they like most Republicans couldnt keep it in their pants.
Oh yeah... total Speed Grapher stuff. That anime totally made me a conspiracy theorist about that. There's a difference, though. When a Liberal does it, they get caught on the spot. When a Republican does it, the oh so liberal media keeps everything they can under wraps... not to mention the fact that at least the Libs don't go around oppressing gays with moral mumbo jumbo while they're in a bathroom stall with a guy anyway. Either it matters or doesn't. Weiner's a joke, but even Cain's family is in on the coverup.

beaker

Reaction score
Dude....yes. It's almost like the GOP WANTS to lose and just hand it to Obama. They're, to use a wrestling team, "jobbing"(meaning to pretty much put someone over by losing a match) Then again I felt that way with Mccain/Palin, so out of touch with mainstream America...even mainstream conservatives. Mccain was to Obama what Dole is to Clinton. If I had to have a theory, itd be that Dole and Mccain are put there to ensure a victory for the Democrat.

I still like John Kerry...but its true what they say, often times Democrats have no spine. I think 9/11 took the spine out of Democrats, liberal activists fighting the IMF and WTO(the REAL occupy movement, that had teeth, back in 1999-2001), etc

John Kerry in 1988 exposed on national tv and to the senate investigative committee that the CIA was knowlingly complicit in drug trafficking and the impetus for the crack cocaine epidemic that destroyed many black inner cities. The CIA would allow their planes to be flown from Nicuraguan air strips(and in some cases, CIA agents were flying the planes themselves), meet contact points in the midwest, northeast and Los Angeles and distribute cocaine to street dealers. All just to fund black ops and guerrilla warfare.

Then 4 years later, Kerry exposed the highly corrupt BCCI bank of credit and commerce international out of Pakistan. Which acted as a TOTAL mafia like illicit clearing house for CIA, Mossad, MI6, Russian, Saudi, Pakistani Intelligence, drug and black arms money and terrorism/mujahadeen slush pond. They even made a movie on it called "The International".

But when the United Nations and high paid private military companies contracted by the US government were caught involved in massive child sex slavery rings in Europe, Asia and Africa in 2002 and 2003...only a few Democrats like Cynthia Mckinney dared to make an issue out of it. Again, 9/11 neutered them. I WANT to respect Democrats again, but I feel failed by them

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude....yes. It's almost like the GOP WANTS to lose and just hand it to Obama. They're, to use a wrestling team, "jobbing"(meaning to pretty much put someone over by losing a match) Then again I felt that way with Mccain/Palin, so out of touch with mainstream America...even mainstream conservatives. Mccain was to Obama what Dole is to Clinton. If I had to have a theory, itd be that Dole and Mccain are put there to ensure a victory for the Democrat.
It depends on if Romney gets the nomination or not. If he doesn't, it might just be a fall... but I've seen the slimy campaigning techniques the guy's capable of... even when he dumped us to run off and run for President back in 2008 and had a puppet of his run for governor. My favorite was paying off college students to protest "Free'em all Deval" because he somehow had some fuzzy connection to a convicted rapist that turned out to be either false or exaggerated (I forget which). Reps taking the fall or not (I indeed think they took the fall because they didn't want to deal with all the things they pinned Obama on... but let's face it... voter wise it was a nail biter), Romney is the grease haired Reaganian they want to represent them. Which of course means the Washington outside Tea Party thing was all an act so they can get votes from bitter old coots.

I still like John Kerry...but its true what they say, often times Democrats have no spine. I think 9/11 took the spine out of Democrats, liberal activists fighting the IMF and WTO(the REAL occupy movement, that had teeth, back in 1999-2001), etc
All it took was that whole 9/12 world to really do it. They were kinda fumbly before, but NEVER like that. Everyone got suckered or bullied into their war on terror/Middle Eastern warfare for the "good" of the nation meme.

Though, I will say, the Reps fakey temporary isolationist phase when it came to the Libyan War was all act. I don't buy that we're completely getting out of Iraq or the Middle East, but they're complaining we didn't stay in there to the same extent we were in 2004. And even Republican Voters think that invasion was a joke now. And again, I don't doubt Obama has more right wing wanna be plans for the Middle East... but the way the nominees were drooling over the thought of going into Iran during the last debate was just frightening.

I've came to this conclusion. If Obama were to go into Iran, he'd be held accountable, it would be considered his Vietnam, it would be blundered up, he'd get a 2% approval rating and we'd probably leave in disgrace. If any of those other guys did it, we'd be stuck in the same Freedom fries/your with us or against us, if you don't like the war you're a terrorist nightmare of the 02-07 era. So basically one count, a Dem looks like an idiot, the other count, another Rep looks like a hero and vilifies everyone who doesn't like him.

I WANT to respect Democrats again, but I feel failed by them
I want to as well. I mean, I do dig the fact that they want to return the tax code back to Clinton era and that sometimes they'll defend minimum wage, I give them high reguard as far as health care reform goes...but they've lost it. They're still spineless when it comes to the opposition, they shift right and they're not right enough for the Reps and too right for Dem voters. The country shifted slightly left in 2007 when Bush's presidency was crumbling under all the same things the libs said about him, but once we had a Democrat elected, the country moved super far right again... making the left the right and the right the ultra right. We basically have a Republican president now. I shouldn't feel sorry for him, I shouldn't see him as Charlie Brown flying a kite... but the fact he feels he has to continue the same stuff he was voted to get rid of, and he gets rid of the stuff he was voted to do just makes me disappointed.

It's like you feel failed by the Dems, but only stick with them because the other guys are just scary.