Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I just don't think I could really fall for another Batman movie. The Joker is the ultimate Batman villain. He always has been, at least as far as my opinion (mainly drawing from the animated series from back in the 90s) goes. Sure, other villains were interesting, but the Joker has always been the unbeatable one. Plus, I would have loved to see a live action movie feature Harley Quinn. Yes, that would probably be highly unlikely considering she was created for Batman: The Animated Series, but I think she could be really interesting to see in a live action film.

Ugh. Sorry. This post turned into a dumb pining for the animated series. I might give another Batman movie a chance, even sans Joker if it seems like a good movie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There's much fan speculation surrounding a new Batman film. Rotten Tomatoes provided the link to the article so I respected it a little more than if I'd stumbled on it myself. It has performed so well that there will be another one and it appears that WB didn't need much wooing to get Nolan back. However, Nolan did say that third films in trilogies are often the weakest.

The reason why I believe multiple Batman films will work is due to the endless rogue’s gallery of villains. He has the best. The Joker's my favorite too, but there are so many other avenues to explore. I think Nolan can find the right hook for this new film. There is a lot left to work with. Even after TDK, I felt that there was so much more to do. There's at least a third act to this Batman and I'm curious to see what's next even if it take a few years.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Actually, from what I heard, the last scene in the Batman movie DOES feature Harley Quinn, so I think that there COULD be an appearance. I think that she could be a good villain for him. Personally, I think that the Riddler could be just like the Joker was in this last one. I like the Catwoman as a "cougar" kind of character. Although, Brooke Shields or Cher, or maybe even Felicity Huffman might be good in that role. Maybe Poison Ivy can be another good character with Marsha Cross playing the role. I'd also like to see the Riddler played by Johnny Depp, considering that he creeped me out as Willy Wonka, if he could bring that kind of creepiness into it, then I'd say go for it. Although, if you're going to have a creepy Riddler, maybe Robin Williams, but then again, he'd be too cartoonish. I'd also try and make a new villain. Somebody that nobody's heard of before. Maybe make a movie for Batgirl. Reese Witherspoon, Drew Barrymore, or somebody could play Batgirl. But that's my thoughts on it, I'm not a comic book
geek ya know?

Daniel

mrsieve

Reaction score
How about the chance of Black Mask? It continues the whole mob storyline from the first too. Where is Harley Quinn seen at the end of the movie?

Teheheman

Reaction score
My friend told me that when you see the Joker in either the jail or hospital or something at the end of the movie, there's a little conversation at the end of the movie between the Joker and Harley Quinn. I dunno, I haven't seen it so it could've been after the credits.

Daniel

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...for people thinking they couldn't fall for a third movie, the fact is, without a third movie the series doesn't complete. There's something missing. We are left open-ended and unsatisfied. It's been designed as a trilogy, and a trilogy it will have to be. As for the villian...I'd still like to see a "real-life" (aka. non magic powered) version of Poison Ivy. I think it would be interesting to see the contrast between how she wants the world to be (nature) and Gotham. Of course it could end up being a "extremist green-peace movie" but I think that would definatly be interesting.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Actually, Poison Ivy could be a good villain for one of the new movies(and yes I know there is only talk of a 3rd, but really, who are we kidding? There will be more than 3) We're talking if Poison Ivy were re-written as an environmentalist who is WAY too into being one. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones that take nature WAY too seriously? I know there's a name for those but I can't remember what it is.

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, Poison Ivy could be a good villain for one of the new movies(and yes I know there is only talk of a 3rd, but really, who are we kidding? There will be more than 3)
Supposedly, Christopher Nolan said he's only doing three. I'm sure Warner Brothers will make more than three, but that's all there will be to the Nolan series. So, the story he wants to tell with Batman will have to wrap up in the third one.