Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That's 'cause the movie is still being toyed at present.
Well according to the some of the people on this thread, there is already a story and The Riddler as been casted.

Like I said, I don't believe in those rumors. Too early.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well according to the some of the people on this thread, there is already a story and The Riddler as been casted.

Like I said, I don't believe in those rumors. Too early.
I never claimed any information (even the article content) to be anything more than rumor (as also stated in the thread title. I still don't get the Cher angle or quite believe it. I know WB wants to push the project along. I don't think there could be a full script yet, but Nolan seems to have set quite a stage for future films that I am sure he has many ideas. I do wonder in this case if they will cast before pounding out a solid script. It does happen a lot. It's not like people wouldn't trust the team behind the last two films. There's been so much Depp buzz that it's reported as almost a lock now, but I'm not convinced. I still don't know what to believe except the third installment will likely be pretty good. Past indicators would say so.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Past indicators would say loads of movies are good, but as was pointed out earlier, the third movie in a triology is often the weakest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Spoiler for anyone that missed The Dark Knight.

Harvey Dent's injuries were so dire that I doubt that he would have survived for long. He was running on adrenaline toward the end of the film. The opportunity for infection of any number of his open wounds was too high. His exposed eye alone could have killed him in Nolan's more realistic world. The studio and advertising did make it appear that he would be back and the third film would center on Two Face, but I think they were just trying to misdirect viewers for plans on continuing on with the Joker. Then Heath Ledger died and the plan changed, but Dent would still be dead. I still hope the character of the Joker lives on in the next film, but through tales that we only hear about and maybe a couple of near-misses with Batman too late to catch him. I think the ultimate tribute to Ledger's performance for his character to live on...but not seen.

MORE SPOILER

The script even SAID that he lies in the ground twisted and dead. At one point a lot of fan speculation was hovering about that he was just playing possum, and he'd be in the next film. But the producers and writers jumped out pointing out that part of the screen play.

Which is a shame. They should have built it up for the next film.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
I agree. Harvey deserves more than a lackluster end.
I think his story arc was done, where could he have gone after this movie? I thought his rise and fall was executed perfectly...

As others have pointed out, its way too early... thery might have an idea of where they want to go, but the movie has not been written, and the riddler has certianly not been cast... its nice to speculate, but realistically were looking at 2011 at the earliest, and thats if Nolan doesnt direct The Exec or The Prisoner first.

Beauregard

Reaction score
To be honest, I was very annoyed with Harvey Dent and his ridiculous CGI face. I think they should have done something more realistic with him. Why did his voice not even change with that great gash in his cheek? I was just thrown out of the movie everytime he went on screen after his face was changed.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think his story arc was done, where could he have gone after this movie? I thought his rise and fall was executed perfectly...

As others have pointed out, its way too early... thery might have an idea of where they want to go, but the movie has not been written, and the riddler has certianly not been cast... its nice to speculate, but realistically were looking at 2011 at the earliest, and thats if Nolan doesnt direct The Exec or The Prisoner first.
It's no secret that 2009 will be a lighter year for films due to the writers' strike and that 2010 is likely to be overloaded with motion pictures. I would agree that 2011 seems most likely.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I heard that Cher rumor on TV Guide channel AND on the radio yesterday. TV Guide said it was an online rumor, the radio announcer mixed up the story and said it was absolutely true.

I hope there's not too much truth behind the rumor. I just don't think I could buy into Cher as Catwoman... I mean, she's old enough to have played Catwoman on the original Batman TV show! It would be a very different Catwoman.