Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Drat. That's twice--lol--my fav Bat villain's ended up dead.
Spoiler for anyone that missed The Dark Knight.

Harvey Dent's injuries were so dire that I doubt that he would have survived for long. He was running on adrenaline toward the end of the film. The opportunity for infection of any number of his open wounds was too high. His exposed eye alone could have killed him in Nolan's more realistic world. The studio and advertising did make it appear that he would be back and the third film would center on Two Face, but I think they were just trying to misdirect viewers for plans on continuing on with the Joker. Then Heath Ledger died and the plan changed, but Dent would still be dead. I still hope the character of the Joker lives on in the next film, but through tales that we only hear about and maybe a couple of near-misses with Batman too late to catch him. I think the ultimate tribute to Ledger's performance for his character to live on...but not seen.

Spoiler over.

I hope Depp is cast as the Riddler (or any other villain).

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that the character can live on with Harley Quinn if they bring her character back in the new one.

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
*spoilers*

This was on IMDb about a possible Riddler origin:

"There is also speculation that the unnamed bank manager at the beginning of the movie (played by William Fichtner) may be Ed Nygma and may become the Riddler following the events of the film. The manager was last seen lying on the floor after being shot by the Joker, who tells him, "What doesn't kill you makes you stranger." This may foreshadow the manager's transformation into the Riddler or another villain. If his injuries are extensive enough, the bank manager may not be able to walk without the use of a cane. The Riddler is known for carrying a cane with a large question mark on the top end."

As much as I like Johnny Depp, and think he would be awesome as the Riddler, I love this idea! It doesn't quite work with the characters original backstory, but it's an interesting way to tie the two films together. I like it.

And, supposedly, Christopher Nolan laughed at the thought of Harley Quinn for the next one... though that would be interesting. Supposedly there's some left over footage of the Joker that could be integrated with the new film, perhaps as a way to introduce Harley Quinn. Who knows?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It doesn't quite work with the characters original backstory,
Not one of the Bat's villains in this triology has their true comic backstory, you know that, right?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Not one of the Bat's villains in this triology has their true comic backstory, you know that, right?
That's not entirely accurate. The Joker HAS no backstory, same as in the film. Heath Ledger's performance of the Joker was based on the character from The Killing Joke. And Ra's al Ghul was very much like in the comics, aside from the whole "supernatural" aspect of the character.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's not entirely accurate. The Joker HAS no backstory, same as in the film. Heath Ledger's performance of the Joker was based on the character from The Killing Joke. And Ra's al Ghul was very much like in the comics, aside from the whole "supernatural" aspect of the character.
Okay, sans two, most of the Bat's villains who starred in any Bat-related film didn't remain true to their comic origins.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I heard that in the latest movie, the fans of the comic knew which of the stories on how the Joker got his scars on his face where the makeup is, was true. As far as the Riddler was concerned, I like that idea. It would be a GREAT way to kind of tie things together.

Daniel

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I would take a guess, just a guess, that Nolan and company do not have a story already planned out for thr third movie, though I'm sure they have some ideas floating around.

Too early to say anything at this point.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's 'cause the movie is still being toyed at present.