Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'm sorry but there is only ONE Batman and his name is Adam West.

Daniel

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm sorry but there is only ONE Batman and his name is Adam West.

Daniel
But I said that maybe Brave & Bold is paying homage to West's incarnation, considering its style and look.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think it could have and should have had a 6th season. I think they ended the series very well, doing away with Hugo Strange, but it seems like so much ground could have been covered in that season, instead of the Brave and the Bold practice run they had. You know, since most of the episodes were JLA team ups (which basically ammounted to "let's see who we can draw in The Batman style" for me). I think the show started out right, then they added Batgirl (which was a huge mistake, if you ask me...). I mean, Batgril pretty much came off as (if anyone has seen Jackie Chan Adventures) an older, Caucasian version of Jade (considering the same people worked on both shows, right down to the character desi9gners). I think season 4 was the turn around that made the show better (when they added Harley, etc.)

As for Brave and the Bold:

I actually kinda find it refreshing they DON'T have to make this Batman series dark to coincide with any of the films. I mean, Batman TAS had a lot of the Tim Burton films in it, and The Batman was clearly inspired by Batman Begins (considering Lucious Fox became a character... plus the first season reflected the movie's tone a bit more than the other seasons).

Personally, I'm loving the art style behind it. And I think it brings back sort of a Super Friends type feel, but with more sophisticated comic book backings. Plus, they finally gave Plasticman a cartoon show... considering the hillarious Plastic Man pilot went unsold.
Lucious Fox was in Batman the Animated Series before Begins or The Batman. I don't like how this new Brave and Bold series has been pitched. It appears to me like the creators of it don't like other series. I guess it's all about personal taste in how we like to see our characters. I feel this could be backsliding into the old cheesier version of Batman. Then again, I abhor the Teen Titans overly anime look. It just doesn't appeal to me the way The Batman did. They were able to find a suitable balance. I too wish it had been given another season before this rounder-edged departure. It just is much less relatable to me.

I don't like this new style of the Brave and Bold. I find it ugly compared to others out there. They can do better. I have a feelig this might go the way of the Legion of Super Heroes (that I actually liked) that was axed. Again, I love animation - but the good stuff only. I never heard of a Plastic Man revival? The original was pretty cheesy as this Brave and Bold appears to be. As always I will give it a chance. I'd like to be wrong about it, but I doubt that will be the case. :smirk:

I also liked the classier nods to Adam West by way of creative voice casting from BAS and The Batman rather than what appears to be more of a cheesefest.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Then again, I abhor the Teen Titans overly anime look
See what you started? XD

Lots of fans of the various comic incarnations seem to notice that look right away. Me, I know that the comics inspired the series (ex: the pairing choices [based based within the New Teen Titans comic line {Rob/Star aka Dick/Kori & BB/Terra aka Gar/Tara} and--for me, personally--a nod to the New Titans incarnation {BB/Rae aka Gar/Rae, as seen in the comics that inspired the show & in the comics based upon the show}], season 2 being based on "Judas Contract" [which will have its own truer-to-comic-form movie in the future, complete with Tara/Terra being the chain-smoking, pyschotic *censored* that she was originally created to be], season 4 being based on "Terror of Trigon" [with the scene of Raven stopping her demonic daddy seemingly being a shot-for-shot representation of the same comic panel], and the series finale being a loose nod to "Terra II" [though the episode has a subtle difference in that Terra seemingly does remember her past actions--unlike in the comics where she's revived due to time travel & gets amnesia as a result--and only wants things as they currently are for both her & Garfield's sakes])--but I also realize that the show has its own merit, anime inspired look or not (Note: the series is clearly American, but--like Avatar, Danny Phantom, etc.--has inspiration from Japanese animation).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
(Note: the series is clearly American, but--like Avatar, Danny Phantom, etc.--has inspiration from Japanese animation).
But the Teen Titans characters spontaneously break into those stupid facial expressions for no apparent reason. That's what many non-anime-enthused animation fans object to.
It might make sense in Japanese culture, but it really doesn’t suit the Western palette unless you are a fan of Japanese animation. It is those weird asides that take me out of the story like little rude interruptions. Danny Phantom, The Batman and others don’t contain that kitschy stuff. That and the Teen Titans' theme song. Ugh. It's a running gag to those who like the history of the Teen Titans but not the current cartoon. To each their own. I find it unwatchable.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But the Teen Titans characters spontaneously break into those stupid facial expressions for no apparent reason
I find the randomness fun. But, that's just me, apparently.

That and the Teen Titans' theme song.
I find it to be enjoyable in its own unique way. That and hearing the Titans themselves (voiced by McNeville, Walsh [sp?], Payton, Strong, and Cipes) try to sing the the literal Japanese-to-English translation of their theme is downright funny, IMHO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, I love animation - but the good stuff only. I never heard of a Plastic Man revival? The original was pretty cheesy as this Brave and Bold appears to be. As always I will give it a chance. I'd like to be wrong about it, but I doubt that will be the case. :smirk:
Oh yeah. There was SUPPOSED to be a Plastic Man cartoon. And there was at one point the pilot which was leaked on Youtube. It has been sinced removed.... but did you see the new Plastic Man comics from the last couple years? I forget the name of the artist, but he goes with a very cartoony, Tex Avery old school style. The animated series reflected that. And Tom Kenny was the voice of Plas... of course, they still are going with Tom Kenny as the voice actor. Which is odd since they recast everyone else.

But that's nothing. I just heard there's gonna be another Batman cartoon series. LEGO Batman....

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. There was SUPPOSED to be a Plastic Man cartoon. And there was at one point the pilot which was leaked on Youtube. It has been sinced removed.... but did you see the new Plastic Man comics from the last couple years? I forget the name of the artist, but he goes with a very cartoony, Tex Avery old school style. The animated series reflected that. And Tom Kenny was the voice of Plas... of course, they still are going with Tom Kenny as the voice actor. Which is odd since they recast everyone else.

But that's nothing. I just heard there's gonna be another Batman cartoon series. LEGO Batman....
I think the guys behind this should have stuck to Plastic Man. It seems like the project they'd rather be doing than Batman. That's fine, but what they're doing to Bruce Wayne seems to be rolling back the progress he's made in animation for something much more campy. I like Adam West and enjoy some of his Bat antics, but have never considered him a genuine Batman. That's just my take on it. :cool:

The most interesting thing about Batman is his infamous rogues’ gallery, but this series is hardly using any of them in favor of Aquaman's ocean foes and Batman's lesser-known bad guys. While I find some of it interesting this appears to be a big mistake. Calendar Man, Cavalier, Kite Man and Zebra-Man are the four mostly exclusive Batman villains. The creators don't seem interested in the Joker, Ivy, Penguin or Catwoman.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Perhaps this has something to do with the Bat embargo that's placed around everything starring the Caped Crusader? Maybe the embargo--in this case--makes the rouge's gallary (Jack Napier, Harvey Dent, Edward Nygma, Oswald Cobblepot, Salena Kyle, etc.) eclusive to the grittier films and TV series?