Casting for "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" DVD

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is thoroughly excited about this- but I'm ecstatic about it and can't wait to see it- okay, yes Sesame Street Old School Volume 1 on DVD- but I was actually talking about "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" on DVD!!!:smile:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H6SY8W/ref=pd_rvi_gw_2/102-0793992-9716940?ie=UTF8

It's due to come out on November 14th.!!! I can't wait. I love the Muppets and I really love Christmas- and so it's awesome to see those two combined. As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many Christmas specials.
We've seen The Muppet Christmas Carol, featuring the characters from The Muppet Show and that was great. So it's about time for Sesame Street to do their own version.
I don't know that any SS Christmas special will ever be as good as "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street"- but hopefully this one will be a bit better than "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" and "Elmo Loves Christmas" (I've seen the latter of those two- and it wasn't terrible, just not my favorite)

Anyway- who do you think should fill the roles of the characters?
(Note- I'm thinking mainly established Muppets here. They can always throw in Anything Muppets- and they could use the human cast too. I'm not sure which way that would go.)

My picks-

Oscar the Grouch as Ebenezer Scrooge (well, that was a natural!):grouchy:

Big Bird as Bob Cratchit (I'd pick Big Bird just because of the relationship he has with Oscar- I could maybe also see Telly as he's put up with some abuse from Oscar before too- but then, so has everyone)

Rosita as Emily Cratchit (It was tough thinking of a good female character for this, but Rosita seemed to go well...though certainly, others could do... maybe even Little Bird!!! (who is a girl, right?)

Cratchit kids-
Elmo as Tiny Tim (judging by the box art, I think this is what they're going with anyway...And Elmo being the youngest does seem to fit the part)

I'm thinking maybe Grover (or Baby Bear or Telly) as the older brother Peter...And for the sisters perhaps Betty Lou and Prairie Dawn (though others could do it, like maybe Zoe and Ruby...)

Cousin Fred and wife- I tend to think of Bob immediately for Fred- but since he has a wife, it'd be easier to use Gordon and Susan or Maria and Luis. Though I'd love to see Bob and Linda paired together again!
From the Muppets- I'd go with maybe Herry and Ruby- they seem to be a good combo)

Bert and Ernie- as Charity fund-raisers? (I'm thinking of them because of the great team of Bunsen and Beaker used in The Muppets Christmas Carol- however, if that model was fully followed- I also think it'd be great to see Ernie and Bert as Charles Dickens and friend- serving as narrators.)

But if we're gonna have a narrator- then I'd ultimately love to see Kermit make a special appearance as narrator- he'd be perfect in his reporter role- and maybe Grover could accompany him and annoy him!:smile:

And for Joe and the people that raid Scrooge's house in his vision of the future-
Maybe Herry and Ruby if they weren't already used as Cousin Fred and wife...these could always be AMs though I suppose...but it'd be neat to see some more random older characters for these kind of bit roles- like Sherlock Hemlock, Guy Smiley, and maybe even Bruno

Fezziwig- I'm kinda torn here. I guess I'll have to say Cookie Monster, but I kinda want to use him for something else. If not him, then maybe The Count.

Scrooge's lover- I'm basically thinking Grungetta here- though she'd be a lot sweeter than usual!

Ghost of Christmas Past- I'm wanting to say someone like Prairie Dawn if she wasn't already used...or maybe The Count just to make sure he's used somewhere

Ghost of Christmas Present- I really wanted Cookie Monster for this role...though I suppose someone else could do it- The Count maybe... or this may be a stretch but I think Harvey Kneeslapper would be hilarious!

Ghost of Christmas Future- I definitely want to use him somewhere and I think Snuffy would be a great imposing figure to use...though I also think it'd be awesome to see Bruno in this role (just because he's silent already to begin with, generally)

Oh and the kid who buys the turkey for Scrooge- could just be AM- but it'd be nice to see someone like Farley in the role...

And I'd definitely want to have Barkley running around somewhere...and others like Gladys and Biff and Sully and Forgetful Jones having cameos somewhere...

Well- I know some of those are just dreaming... but it'd be cool to see more of the classic characters coming back... Anyway- anyone else want to take a crack?

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
I hope they put this on TV. I always like to watch before I buy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I for one can't wait for this one, sounds like fun!

BEAR

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
I don't know that any SS Christmas special will ever be as good as "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street"- but hopefully this one will be a bit better than "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" and "Elmo Loves Christmas" (I've seen the latter of those two- and it wasn't terrible, just not my favorite)

I think you meant "Elmo Saves Christmas," which I loved by the way.

BEAR

Reaction score
I'm also looking forward to this! It's a good time to have a new Sesame Street Christmas special.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Abby Cadabby for the Ghost of Christmas Past! - Although I suspect she's still too new to have such a large role...

BEAR

Reaction score
I think that Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, et all, will be most likely playing themselves and not characters directly from the story. I don't think it will be the same kind of thing as the Muppet Christmas Carol where Kermit was called Bob Crachet or anything like that. After all, Oscar does not need to be renamed Ebineezer Scrooge. He is already that character. It is a parody of sorts but loose. Just like Elmo Saves Christmas was loosly based on It's a Wonderful Life.