Ernie and Bert- Charity Collectors
Professor Hastings- Jacop Marley
Little Bird (or Prairie dawn, or Slimey)- The Ghost of Christmas Past
Mr. Snuffleupagus- The Ghost of Christmas Present
A Honker- The Ghost of Christmas Future
The Count (or The Amazing Mumford)- Feziwig
Grungetta- Belle
Grover- boy who tells Scrooge that today if Christmas Day

Perhaps Cookie Monster could appear as Allistar Cookie and narrarate it.

BEAR

Reaction score
Some of your fantasy cast lists look very interesting, but what about the human characters (Bob, Susan, Gordon, Maria, Luis, Gina, Alan, Miles, Gabbi)? Where do they come into play? Also...Professor Hastings? Come on, he hasn't been around for a million years and won't. Bruno, on the other hand, would be awesome to see again. Even if it is in a minor cameo or something. That probably will not happen though.

I think this will be an awesome special whatever happens as it will give Oscar the starring role for once. Sure, he had very prominant roles in Follow That Bird, Elmo in Grouchland and Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, but this time he is THE star and focal point. Also a wonderful performance opportunity for Caroll Spinney once again. I am not usually the one to bring this up, but he is getting older and towards the end of his time with Sesame Street. This could be his last big role in a SS special.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Woah, this is cool! I can't wait to see this new special, hopefully it'll be good :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure Elmo loves Christmas- yeah, I love Christmas too!
But I did actually mean "Elmo Saves Christmas"!:smile:

(You wouldn't believe how many times Christmas has been "saved"! I mean, everyone from Elmo to The Flintstones to Inspector Gadget to Felix the Cat to Noddy to the GLO Friends to VeggieTales to Ernest has saved Christmas!!!)
:big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
Also, remember the one movie they used to play on tv every year where the North Pole was threatened and going to be blown up by oil minors (or something)? It had Art Carney as Santa and Paul Williams (Muppet alum) as the head elf. There were a few other famous faces in it too. It was actually a great movie. It was called "The Night They Saved Christmas" (ironically enough)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Also...Professor Hastings? Come on, he hasn't been around for a million years and won't.
Yeah, I was trying to think of a good elderly Muppet to portray Jacop Marley. It wouldn't be possible (and might also be a bit in bad taste) for Mr. Hooper to play the role, unless Sesame Workshop wanted to recast him to play Jacop Marley. Maybe The Count could be Jacop Marley.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Yeah, I was trying to think of a good elderly Muppet to portray Jacop Marley. It wouldn't be possible (and might also be a bit in bad taste) for Mr. Hooper to play the role, unless Sesame Workshop wanted to recast him to play Jacop Marley. Maybe The Count could be Jacop Marley.
I understand what you're getting at. I also agree that using the character of Mr. Hooper for that would probably not be the best idea.
Could consider using another grouch though. Maybe someone like Osvaldo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe we should consider another option.

It may not be a total retelling of the book. It may in fact take place Present Day. Oscar may NOT be Scrooge, but his old self. It would be an impressive spin on the idea.

With that said, am I the only one who thinks the subtext of the book is ruined by constant remakes, sendups, and retellings of the story? I mean, it's not about being a good person at Christmas time... the book was basically written as an editoral about the working conditions of Industrial age England.

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
With that said, am I the only one who thinks the subtext of the book is ruined by constant remakes, sendups, and retellings of the story? I mean, it's not about being a good person at Christmas time... the book was basically written as an editoral about the working conditions of Industrial age England.

Why can't it be about both? I mean, the story has been known to be about doing good deeds at Christmas time and showing generosity and warmth toward our fellow men. What's wrong with that? No, I don't think the story has been ruined by constant "remakes" because there haven't been any "remakes". Just different retellings and adaptations of the story. They are all so different so there is no way you can get tired of it. Actually, the Muppet Christmas Carol is the one version that is most acurate to the original book.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I think that it might be best not to include a part for Belle. After all, Grouches wouldn't really be too interested in love. A grouchy version of Belle wouldn't care if Scrooge cared more about money than her, and a grouch version of Scrooge would be happy that she left and became unhappy.

Most versions of A Christmas Carol that I've seen have left something out of the adaption (The Muppet Christmas Carol left out the part about Scrooge having a sister who eventually died).