Casting for "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Why can't it be about both? I mean, the story has been known to be about doing good deeds at Christmas time and showing generosity and warmth toward our fellow men. What's wrong with that? No, I don't think the story has been ruined by constant "remakes" because there haven't been any "remakes". Just different retellings and adaptations of the story.
I agree and disagree. The book was written about what happened to England in that economy...BUT... it also shows money isn't everything and one should help their fellow man. I just happen to find that funny, since few of these retellings adress it. I like most of them, but some are pointless. Really love the Mr. MaGoo one, tho.

>>Now that I think about it, I think that it might be best not to include a part for Belle. After all, Grouches wouldn't really be too interested in love. A grouchy version of Belle wouldn't care if Scrooge cared more about money than her, and a grouch version of Scrooge would be happy that she left and became unhappy.<<

That always confused me... do grouches fall in love? They have to for the sake of theor species, and all, but HOW do they get together? Do they purposely have bad dates? Do Grouch males purposely forget to call them back?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey DrTooth...now there is a deep questian that it may be best to leave unanswered...oh my...the possabilities opening before me are ever widening...what does a grouch do to make another grouch unhappy and thus happy...

And as for Marley (and Marley)...I think that The Count would be a mar(ley)volous character to play him *is tempted to say them*

BEAR

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Hey DrTooth...now there is a deep questian that it may be best to leave unanswered...oh my...the possabilities opening before me are ever widening...what does a grouch do to make another grouch unhappy and thus happy...

And as for Marley (and Marley)...I think that The Count would be a mar(ley)volous character to play him *is tempted to say them*

Count: You vill be wisited by three spirits. One, two, three! Ah ah ah!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes! Exactly! *dances up and down in seat* Von, two, tree!

Sorry about that...excuse me for a second...

BEAR

Reaction score
Count would be good as a "Marley" type character. I always found Marley to be very wise and the same can certainly be said of The Count Von Count.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Some of your fantasy cast lists look very interesting, but what about the human characters (Bob, Susan, Gordon, Maria, Luis, Gina, Alan, Miles, Gabbi)? Where do they come into play?
Yeah. It would be great to see the humans in this one, but that is kind of unlikely. None of the humans appeared in Cinderelmo. They just had celebrities for most of the major roles. (Kathy Najimi, Oliver Platt, etc.) I'm assuming they'll do the same thing here. Though I hope I'm wrong about this.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Interesting ideas- I'm liking The Count as Jacob Marley. I could see that well! :smile:

(Though it might be funny to see one of Oscar's closest associates in the role- like Slimey!!!)

And I would think Grungetta would be the only choice for Belle. I mean, I know Oscar's a Grouch- but he manages to find some room in his heart for some love for Grungetta- so I don't think Grouches are all bad- you've just got to dig to find their soft tender-heartedness!:flirt: :halo:

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah. It would be great to see the humans in this one, but that is kind of unlikely. None of the humans appeared in Cinderelmo. They just had celebrities for most of the major roles. (Kathy Najimi, Oliver Platt, etc.) I'm assuming they'll do the same thing here. Though I hope I'm wrong about this.

Just because the human cast wasn't seen in Cinderelmo doesn't mean they won't be in this one. They were in Elmopalooza and Elmo Saves Christmas and a lot of other specials.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still have a feeling we shouldn't assume this will take place in Dickensian England, but might just be present day. I could be wrong, myself, but I have a feeling we should take all possibilities into consideration.

BEAR

Reaction score
My guess is that it will take place on Sesame Street in present day. It will be a retelling or adaptation and based on the Dickens novel but involve the Sesame Street characters and style.