Casting for "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly... it seems like the tone of something they would do for a kid's special.

But if I'm wrong... who here hopes it could be a "Monsterpiece theater" and can be hosted by Allistair Cookie?

BEAR

Reaction score
There was a little more information put up on Amazon.com regarding the plot of this upcoming Sesame Street Christmas classic:

Product Description
Can a grouch find reason to enjoy the holiday season? It's Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, and Oscar has just received a Ghost-o-Gram. He will be visited by three ghosts tonight: a famous British Grouch, a talking Christmas Tree, and a Robot. They will help Oscar examine Christmases past, present, and future on Sesame Street. Will their adventures be enough to help Oscar put aside his grouchy ways in favor of the holiday spirit? Join Elmo, Big Bird, Bert, Ernie and the rest of the cast of Sesame Street in this heart-warming twist on the classic Charles Dickens tale.
* Features celebrity voices of Tim Curry (Broadway's "Monty Python's Spamalot") & Kristen Chenoweth (Broadway's "Wicked")!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Tim Curry! Oh yey! Tim Curry as a Ghostly Ghostie voice! Oooh, I am pleased to hear that! *bounces with - very un-British - enthusiasm*

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be a very, VERY big mistake...

Why? Because they've ALREADY done something like this in the 70s. And that was "A Special Sesame Street Christmas". Seriously, why can't they come up with a new plot and not go back to something they've already done?

I'd rather see a special that looks at how the characters spend Christmas from different perspectives(like the Simpsons episode that told Bart, Homer and Lisa's day from three different perspectives). I believe it was called "Trilogy of Error".

Drtooth

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:

Why? Because they've ALREADY done something like this in the 70s. And that was "A Special Sesame Street Christmas". Seriously, why can't they come up with a new plot and not go back to something they've already done?
Other than the fact everyone and their mother has done Christmas Carol by DIckens (as opposed to Kristmas Karol with a K by Edmund Wells).

Tim Curry's involvement in SS is great. I mean, he was great with the Muppets in MTI, and I just love the fact someone who could play a character like Dr. Frankenfurter could be doing a children's program.

BTW, in a DIC animated Carol, Curry Played Scrooge. Interresting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:

I'd rather see a special that looks at how the characters spend Christmas from different perspectives(like the Simpsons episode that told Bart, Homer and Lisa's day from three different perspectives). I believe it was called "Trilogy of Error".
Actually, that was sort of already done in "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays." I can't really comment on "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" because I haven't seen that one.

I see what you're saying though, especially considering the Muppets did "A Christmas Carol" a while back.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, but they've not done the story with a Sesame Street twist and I think it's about time they did. I think it will be brilliant and wonderful to see Oscar in the lead role for this one!

travellingpat

Reaction score
Oscar hasnt been in the limelight that much since Elmo in Grouhland or Follow that Bird (and there he wasnt a main character) I think thisll be good and enjoyable!!! I personally cant wait!!!!