Catastrophic new Daily Bit

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I think Palisades was very forthcoming when they started the club. They made it very clear it was new territory for them.

I know you are mainly citing others; and those I have seen complain are the usual culprits that complain when things aren't 100% what they want. Such is life. :rolleyes:

I still don't see a need for Palisades to change anything. However, it could be wise for them to add the bit of info that prices could range up to x amount of dollars or more on some of their fair items. But some people would still find something else to complain about. :frown: Some of these folks aren't even in the club.:mad: They have made it so easy for us already. Too easy from what you said a year ago. :wink:

I thought the original instructions were clear that there was no real discount, but we would get extras - and we did - an extra Beaker. :eek: That alone could have cost us over $30. I don't think any other collectors club would have given away so much stuff or exclusive pics like Palisades has done. I just think some Muppet fans are new to collecting and don't get it. :confused: I just don't see other companies being so darn cool. :cool:

(Yes. Much of this has been an excuse to use smilies I haven't used before. :embarrassed: ) Wish we had some penguins.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Should they have said "prices will vary on various exclusives"? I dont think so. Obviously if youre joing the club youre already a hardcore fan with a few extra pennies to spend.
I'd like to hear your reasoning, if you have any, on exactly why they shouldnt be clear with people on what they are signing up for and pointing out that the prices could vary ? They aren't running the Mafia Cory ! At the start, yes maybe the club was more for hardcore fans but now you can join with paypal right off the website and the URL is printed on the blisters they cannot assume it is only the hardcores who sign up. It's not about whether you want to pay loads on Ebay or alternatively just feel compelled to sign up for the club, nobodys saying it's an either/or situation or anyones happy or not grateful. I'm just saying it would be a wise decision now the club is growing and not restricted to forum members to explain things more clearly and thus save problems later on !

Jamie

Yeah my whole point is, as you say, it might be wise for them to do it now. As you say they will have their complainers whatever the case but it's always good to answer any questions before people part with money to save confusion later on - they were clear though that it was new to them and they were learning as they went along and you are completely right in that they have done so much for us. I do agree with you, we need more penguins around this forum - the public demand it - and whenever i feel like it, i can answer posts with a simple Penguin, i think they say it all, great for any occasion - much like Muppet underwear ....... have you purchased any yet ? :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Very true. I'm sure the whiners would still have something to complain about, but would have less of a leg to stand on. I just don't think they should have to include all that info, but it is a good idea. :stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I just don't think they should have to include all that info, but it is a good idea. :stick_out_tongue:
I'll settle for that, we are agreed ! :stick_out_tongue:

BTW - if by whiners you include whats been going on at another forum, well every company thats put's itself out there in the public eye has to deal with whiners and thats a big part of learning how to handle customers. Same as a TV companies complaint log where some old lady complains about someone appearing in a tube top ! :eek: Sometimes they whine for a reason and may even have a point - but over there, well i don't think thats whining - it's just the Muppet communities very own outspoken queen, jumping up and down, waving his rattle and trying to get some attention because evidently he can't get it anywhere else, and if he can't find anything to beeatch about then he can't do his schtick, and without that he's just another 'average joe' like everybody else. I tell ya something though - whoever made it easy for people to start up websites should be dressed up as a boy scout and sent to live at Neverland ! :rolleyes:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I tell ya something though - whoever made it easy for people to start up websites should be dressed up as a boy scout and sent to live at Neverland !
LOL!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
They aren't running the Mafia Cory ! At the start, yes maybe the club was more for hardcore fans but now you can join with paypal right off the website and the URL is printed on the blisters they cannot assume it is only the hardcores who sign up.
Heh, were headed for a possible world war 3 and were debating about little price points and trivial stuff about action figures? c'mon. Im a blind devout follower of the almighty Palisades...sure I bring up soe things that could use tweaking, but they can charge what they want for their exclusives and Im fine and dandy with it. I mean, anything beats those horrific gouging ebay prices!

Very true. I'm sure the whiners would still have something to complain about, but would have less of a leg to stand on. I just don't think they should have to include all that info, but it is a good idea. :stick_out_tongue:
The whiners can suck it IMHO. thank goodness there in the minority:wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm a blind supporter of Palisades. However, I am definitely a passionate cheerleader for them. They picked up a license to do these figures that nobody else would have done - and not nearly this well. They make what I consider to be the greatest Muppet product ever and they have also been so friggin cool to me and my friends. That wins me over. :smile: :smile: :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm a blind supporter of Palisades. However, I am definitely a passionate cheerleader for them. They picked up a license to do these figures that nobody else would have done - and not nearly this well. They make what I consider to be the greatest Muppet product ever and they have also been so friggin cool to me and my friends. That wins me over. :smile: :smile: :wink:
Im right with you Jamie! Palisades fo life! And on the eighth day Jim created Palisades Muppet Line, and it was good. And all was right with the world.