Challenge and Contribution - New Book by Me

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you Muppet Newsgirl, and I unfortunately believe yours was one of the addresses lost when I switched computers a few weeks back. Please re-send me your address, and I'm also in the process of contacting JHC for inquiries on covering my butt should I need too. Basically I'm wanting their blessing for personally publishing this book. :eek: I'm SO worried about all this! I'll be calling them back around 10pm EST, when it will be 6pm PST their time.

So, wish me luck in contacting them, and getting their blessing about the stories. I've also mentioned I'm from MC, so...perhaps that might help me a tiny bit.

Also, MN...I've got your comment, it will be added to the back of the book. I'm using screennames, as I'm a little wary on using ya'll's real names on the back of the book.

On the last page, the thank you page, all that is on the print list is getting personal thanks for supporting the book. I also included "...and thanks to everyone Muppet Central Forums!"

and I included the webaddress for the forums as well.

Just in case it happens to get published a little more formally perhaps. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thinking... So, did you hear back from the JHC or MHC yet?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yes, I have. Apperently I have to call Disney over this whole matter.

I called them, and they gave me a number to fax my request in writing for.

It takes 6 to 8 weeks to get a response back.

6 to 8 WEEKS.

I still can't believe it. I fully intend to get you your books people, I swear though, I feel like I'm failing you guys. I haven't been able to keep up with the production schueldle and now this setback....

More details as they come.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... Don't look at it as a setback... Just means you have more time for Bonds of Family... And mayhaps what could be the seventh book, that Muppets/BTTF crossover follow-up to wrap up some loose ends.

peachesncream

Reaction score
money order is gonna be sent tomorrow.got a little set back but it's on my list of things to do.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you peachesncream. I'll mark that down, still have Count's MO in waiting. Will cash as soon as further insructions come along, so I can push forward with publishing.

I thought occured eariler today:

....what happens if I cannot publish these stories for you guys? It would be...weird in my opinion to have MO's that I really don't have much use for, because the books would not be published (hence no money to be used for that.) and they won't be mailed (also no money for that either.) I'd have MO's in my purse, with no further purpose in mind.

I do not want to be greedy sounding, as I fully intend to try to get blessings on these stories, do not read this as "Ooh, send me money orders for a book I'm promising then I'll just say 'whoops sorry no book' and keep it for myself."

Because that's NOT what I'm saying at all. But...would you want me to keep them, or send them back?

I do not know how I would deal with that when it comes around.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to send a money order into you, but I can't since I'm still living at home with my folks. While they don't mind me getting the book, they don't want me paying, mostly because the last time we ordered some Muppet books, from E-Bay, and payed for them, we found out that the seller had scammed us and the books weren't coming. so, it's better to be safe then sorry, so sorry.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Personally, I'd prefer to cross that bridge if and when we get to it. So just keep working on it and let us know what's happening with the production, if it's still on.
Hope this helps.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree with the Count Sara. No point in worrying about the money orders I and your other friends have sent to you until we know for sure what the final verdict is.
I do hope everyone will be lenient enough to allow you to give these stories to us like this of course since it's not to be published for commercial profit. Let's keep our hopes up:sympathy:

At least we can keep the stories as you've e-mailed them to some of us to look at.

I've started the fifth installment and I'm loving it.
We all wish you the best of luck Sara with this project.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Okay people.

I believe (so far) that I have FINALLY finished writing "Sadie's Stories". I will be asking lowercasegods to use his "Scooter's Dad" image for the cover art, slightly altered by myself.

I have to reupload a version of the book to Lulu so I can republish. I also have to get on the ball about typing up a permissions letter, to send to Disney. I just really hope they'll go ahead and greenlight this mini personal production. They have told me, as last time, it will take 6 to 8 weeks. The only reason I've not sent it as I have been currently still in production with my books. I want to finish it up completely before I even set pen to paper, (or is that finger to key?) for the letter.

Thank you all for being so patient with my stories and their production.