Challenge and Contribution - New Book by Me

G-MAN

Reaction score
Sarah, your stories are wonderful, I couldn't wait until they were published, so I read all four, and now I can't wait to add the stories to my collection officially. Maybe you can also add some designs on what some of the original characters in your stories look like. That would be an added treat, if not that's fine too.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks, G-MAN. I might make photocopies of some doodles I've done of the characters. Really...rough and crappy. I've gotta draw Sadie though, and she's bugging me a bit.

But I've done a few drawings. I might include it, and some notes like a small insert thing. Like Jim's original notebook for Fraggle Rock S1. Sorta like that. XD

Gotta warn ya, I have one word to describe my artwork. Especially when compared to my writing.

Craptastic.

They are horrible. XD

http://www.reneelouvier.deviantart.com

If anyone wants a gander at my little bit of work, you'll see it's not that great. XD

-------- And don't forget to read "A Grand Adventure In Life!" As offically that's the 5th book/story in the "Sadie Stories" line.

.....that might just be a better title. Nice, short and to the point. :wink: Yay! I have a better title now!!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My good friend Sara I have to say that I wouldn't say your drawings are 100% craptastic as you call them.
True I did think the picture of Kermit in The Rainbow Connection setting wasn't so crash-hot but I personally thought your drawings of your self-portrait and of you cuddling a human sized version of Scooter were absolutely wonderful.:smile:

I'm saying what I honestly thought to myself you may not be as skilled in drawing as writing but never the less you can do some excellent work sometimes.

So please don't write yourself off as an artist. The more you practise the better you will become as long as you believe in yourself just as much as I believe in you.:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
[Update!]

I'm currently modifiying the stories. All 5 stories are currently up for production now. The story as of now, clocks in at 273 pages.

Each chapter will start on a new page, and the book shall be 8" x 11.5" the normal size of a piece of notebook paper. It shall be Spiral Bound, so it will not put me back some.

....this is a bit...hard to say, but...uh....the books each will set me back $8.00.

I will not make money off of it. But if it is possible, I'm....uh....

Point blank. If anyone will be kind enough, if they could uh...pay for production of said book. You don't have to, but it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Again, as I've said before, I'm not actually making money on it. Just if ya'll could be kind enough to perhaps send some for production. That's just base cost.

...kay just called Le Print Express, and asked about it, and all in all it's about $10.50 per book. $7.55 is the base cost, but because it's over 100 pages their charging me almost double.

If you could, $8.00 is greatly appreciated to cover base cost of producing this book. I only ask because all together my costs are:

$105.50

This is QUITE a pretty penny.

So, um....I just hate to spring this on you guys. If you can't that's fine, I'm not denying the book to those I promised, but I would really appreciate it if you could pay me something.

It's just so I don't bust the bank printing these stories. I'm still making payments on my car and stuff, and...well. Just a lot of stuff.

I feel horrible having to do this, but I never realized just how expensive it is to print a book.

I'm also putting this up on Lulu.com, perhaps it might not be so expensive to self-publish through there. XD

Sorry for any inconvience I've caused you guys.

Again: $8.00 per book. Consider it a donation of sorts, as all profits will be put towards getting the best quality book for you guys.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It's no problem Sara, I'd be happy to pay for my book. That is alot of money you're talking about and I think it's awesome that you're even doing this. So, just let me know when and where to send it. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ditto...

*In philanthropic tones... Mmm, to whoooom should I make out the payment?
Do you prefer MO or will a paypal payment suffice?

Hee, don't worry Sara, a donation of sorts is the least we can do to help out a fellow MC artiste. Have a good day.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Uh, Money Order to me:

Sara Elisabeth Vines
280 Crystal Springs Drive
Lexington South Carolina, 29073

Because I had some troubles with my bank account a year ago, my paypal account was locked, and I can't exactaly use Paypal now. XD I don't have any bank accounts or anything, so yeah.

Love ya'll, guys.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you all so much, I really need some feedback for the back cover. I've ended up going through Lulu.com. I'll tell them to print off 10 copies, paperback form, 6" x 9". Nice pocket size ya know!

I'll be creating some comments on the back, from members from Muppet Central Forum.

I'll post what I've put on the back so you guys can see, and approve before I get them printed off. Alright?

Love ya'll.

Can you guys give me some comments perhaps? I can't think of any good ones without sounding absolutely cheesy. I feel like Fozzie trying to write jokes. XD

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I HAVE PUBLISHED MY BOOK. XD

http://www.lulu.com/content/250358

It is $10.00 to buy it plus S/H. I will buy myself 3 copies. Two for my family, one for Henson Associates. :wink:

If anyone cannot buy online, please send me a money order for $10 and I will buy it myself, then send it to your place of residence free of any additional charge.

I figured...why mess with the print service when it was going to cost upwards of $100.00? When I could simply get it self-published on Lulu.com and then order what I needed!?

Makes sense dosnt' it?? I hope so...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I HAVE PUBLISHED MY BOOK. XD

http://www.lulu.com/content/250358

It is $10.00 to buy it plus S/H. I will buy myself 3 copies. Two for my family, one for Henson Associates. :wink:

If anyone cannot buy online, please send me a money order for $10 and I will buy it myself, then send it to your place of residence free of any additional charge.

I figured...why mess with the print service when it was going to cost upwards of $100.00? When I could simply get it self-published on Lulu.com and then order what I needed!?

Makes sense dosnt' it?? I hope so...
Sara this is wonderful but I hope you're sure that you won't invoke the wrath of Disney and Henson by publishing them for money?:concern:

I'm thrilled for you. I really am:excited: I just don't want my buddy to get herself into trouble that's all.