Challenge and Contribution - New Book by Me

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey Renee, I'm pretty sure you don't need any legal stuff. particularly if you are sending the books to JHC. They will certainly return them "un-opened." And really this is just as if you were showing a project to one of your friends.

It's not as if you are selling them. I mean, I have sent a certain story to them about a million times and I have also shown it to friends, and so on. They havn't even looked at it long enough to care, let along complain.

I still think that FanFic'ers should bombard Diz/Mup with our novel length fanfics, along with a suggest sheet for Diz/Mup to start producing tie-in young-adult novels, as Star Trek, Dawson's Creek, etc, already do.

Bea:zany;{Good luck!}regard

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I would hope somebody at JHC would be open-minded enough to read the stories when they have the time. Sara deserves some recognition and personal comments from them I feel for what she has thought about and put a lot of commitment to.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...

I have no doubt that mine were read, however, JHC denies that they did and always return unsolicited (and/or not sent through an agent) work unread...

But! It is worth trying to get them to turn their policies upside down!

Beau!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
That's why we're going to see our attorney. Nothing against them, it's partly because....well were about lower-middle class and we don't want to worry about invoking the wrath of the mouse, so we're just covering our butts.

Not sure what they help us with but Mom said they do something that would equivatcate to getting a trademark on my works. Like, although I wrote them and the content material used (ie, characters/places/storyline) are property of there's, it would be my work.

Something like that. So to an affect I guess it would be shown as going through an 'agent' I guess. But I'm not sure of it.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah, well....I just tend to be very....um, how would I put this?

I've been "classically trained" throughout my entire life. I've been in four productions at my high school, in plays. I've also collabrated when I was 15 years old with the Drama teacher on another play. Um...don't think anyone'll care but...basically here's my life story, cause I just feel like telling it all!!

-------------------

I was born on August the 6th, at 3:24 am, at the Charleston Medical University Hospital, in Charleston SC. I was 2 lb 3 oz at birth, I was also 2 months 1 week premature. I had lots of trouble breathing, so I was rushed my medair to the Richland Medical Hospital in Lexington SC.

My mother, bless her soul, couldn't take care of me finachally; so I was put up for adoption. My adoptive mother did not meet me until December that year.

I was her Christmas Present, she says. Because she took me home finally on December the 25th. But the next day after that, I went back because I was turning blue in the face. I was on oxygen for most of my young childhood. Until I was 4 years old I was on supplemental oxygen.

I also had a horrible tendency to turn blue at the drop of a hat, so my Mother, for nearly 3 years...she always stayed dressed. She even slept in normal clothes, with an overnight bag of supplies right beside the door, and she kept her keys around her neck. The moment she stopped hearing me breathing through the baby monitor, she would leap up, and grab me, and bolt for the hospital.

Sometimes I would choke on my food...I wasn't eating solids until I was...probably 2 years old.

But, moving on in life, I finally stopped all that stuff by the time I was 6. Other then that, I had a normal life, but I had always been sheltered, and a bit of a recluse. I mean, it wasn't that I never wanted to play with my friends at school. I just simply couldn't! A few minutes of running and climbing around, and I would either start turning blue again, or I would simply pass out.

That's probably why I don't remember much of my early childhood. I was blackened out too much. My mother also made it a habit to always read to me. It's also why I have such a love for stories, and for writing now. I've always read fast, and I've always loved to read. I own over 200 books, and I'm running out of room!

In High School, I was quite the drama queen. People reveled...(and I'm being point blank honest here.) at the ability for how I could read, and recite. I understood Shakespere.

No one at my school except for the teachers, would give Rizzo's butt over reading Shakespere! So, they would falter, and ask me to take over.

I was never into sports, and I hated PE class. But most times I got out of it. So, I became Scooter. I would get things for them, bring water, help the girls out in the locker rooms, I would assist the coach. Those sort of things. I always dressed out, as we had to do, but I almost never had to participiate. Unless it was weight training, or volleyball. Those two things I can do great. Any running, no thank you.

In the 8th grade, I was handpicked to be in a drama play by the high school's drama teacher. I loved it so much. She was amazed at how fast I got into this character, and one day I really wowed her. She asked if anyone else could do different voices or accents, and no one answered. So I stood up and I said, I know a couple.

I only rattled off an english accent, then a scottish accent; and finally I tried out a Brooklyn accent. She really liked it a lot. Basically I just melded perfectly with drama class, and I became Scooter to her Kermit. It was just that easy.

I really miss High school sometimes. It was great. So, to find time to do other things now...I just write these stories, and I call you my friends. I don't really have much of a life outside this house.

So yeah, I do sound a lot older then 19 years old. But that's because I've had some stuff happen, that really shouldn't happen, until you're older.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I enjoyed hearing your life story Sara. You obviously have a real gift for mimicking accents and voices. I'm sure at heart many of us your friends did enjoy reading your short biography

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah, not that I have this...impressive list of voices though, just a few. My english accent is so good people think I'm really british when I speak! I might record some of it, it takes me a few moments to get into the voice, but once I do, it's natural to me. :wink: It's really cool.