characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
from another thread...

these were posted in the entertainment weekly thread as things to look forward to:

Scooter cage-dancing at a rave

a bit were Animal funnel-chugs eggnog

and the implication of frog-human romance!

the scooter bit is very funny and a little disturbing. let's hope and pray there's no figure made for this puppet.

the animal bit answers the question above.

the frog human romance bit is with one of the brief cameos. it's very funny.

C'irdan

Reaction score
john

John...I'm sorry if I'm being pushy...If we get really REALLY pushy just let us know...and I will stop bugging you...I don't know about other people though...it sounds too good to be true!

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Re: john

Originally posted by C'irdan
John...I'm sorry if I'm being pushy...If we get really REALLY pushy just let us know...and I will stop bugging you...I don't know about other people though...it sounds too good to be true!
no. no one is being pushy at all. i like answering the questions! i feel like i'm contributing! i just hope everyone understands why i'm not just going to blurt out everything about the movie. me no want no trouble from my "source" and me no want to spoil it for ya'll! it's a great film and one of the better muppet things i've seen in a while (i liked muppets from space, but i'm a gonzo nut). it isn't the old "classic" kind of thing i think everyone's hoping they recapture, but this comes very close (in my opinion)! i do find it sad though that fank oz didn't do his roles. i understand that he's a director now and he may not want to spend hours a day with a bear on his arm, but he's missed. to me it was a little distracting watching and going, "hey, that's not fozzie or sam's voice!" piggy's was close though. anyway, I don't mind, ask away, just know there are limits! :smile:

jf

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
John

Since there seems to be some outdoor shots, it is ever stated exactly where the Muppet Theater is? I have always figured it was in New York, but I'm not sure if it has ever been stated or implied.

Do we get to see more of the theater's architecture? The outside of it?

Are there two balconies visible?

Does everything look pretty much the same or kind of weird and clean like in the Weezer video?

How much of the special takes place in the theater?

I had just noticed that there were no real questions about the rest of the production. LOL!

Thanx, man. You rock.:smile:

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Re: John

Originally posted by frogboy4
Since there seems to be some outdoor shots, it is ever stated exactly where the Muppet Theater is? I have always figured it was in New York, but I'm not sure if it has ever been stated or implied.

Do we get to see more of the theater's architecture? The outside of it?

Are there two balconies visible?

Does everything look pretty much the same or kind of weird and clean like in the Weezer video?

How much of the special takes place in the theater?

I had just noticed that there were no real questions about the rest of the production. LOL!

Thanx, man. You rock.:smile:
there's a lot of scenes inside the theater. it is like "home base" for the movie. we do see the outside several times. i don't believe a city is mentioned. i think it's supposed to be "everycity, usa". the backstage set looked very similar to the weezer video. may even be the same one. seemed "bigger" though. what i mean was, the backstage of the theater from the muppet show always seemed this cramped space, like most backstages are. the one in it's a very merry muppet christmas movie seems a lot roomier. i think it's because they use some camera angles that they hadn't in the show.

jf

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanx! Great to know we'll get more peeks at what the threater looks like. :smile: What was your favorite bit (without giving away too much)?

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Thanx! Great to know we'll get more peeks at what the threater looks like. :smile: What was your favorite bit (without giving away too much)?
though his voice is a little off, there is a scene in the film that shows fozzie would do anything to help kermit out and to mee it was hilarious. the funny thing about it is that you don't even see fozzie do it but you know he is. confusing i know.

my other favorite part is the scene which includes scooter in a cage as mentioned above. there are some hilarious muppet variants in it and beaker is just about the funniest. bunsen is funny too.

jf

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: from another thread...

Originally posted by JohnFranklin
these were posted in the entertainment weekly thread as things to look forward to:

Scooter cage-dancing at a rave

a bit were Animal funnel-chugs eggnog

and the implication of frog-human romance!

the scooter bit is very funny and a little disturbing. let's hope and pray there's no figure made for this puppet.

the animal bit answers the question above.

the frog human romance bit is with one of the brief cameos. it's very funny.
And why would Henson do that when it's clear what people WANT is a frog-pig romance?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
i'm sorry, i don't know who this is. is there a pic of him somewhere?"

hmm, i'll check Henson.com i think they had one there but, i think's it's gone now with the site changing. i would think you would remember him if he was in the christmas movie. just a green fuffy frackle with big ear's who's fast talking. maybe he's just seen in the background, please don't tell me who or what they are but are they any new Muppets coming out of this movie? yes/no?

Thanks for all the info again!

Zack

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Re: Re: from another thread...

Originally posted by murgatoad
And why would Henson do that when it's clear what people WANT is a frog-pig romance?
the people will not be dissapointed! the frog-human is a thing that happend in the past, it's just talked about. it's not a central plot.

jf