Check out my Muppet Comic

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't particularly care for Anime either, well, not as much as I used to. I just like the idea of drawing the Muppets even wilder then they are, and do you know what I've learned? Animal is very hard to draw and very difficult to make look even crazier. I do think this manga Kermit (or as I've affectionately named him: Karmet) is sweet and fun and I made a fun collage of him for my desktop.
Anyone know where I can host pictures 1024x768? I'd like to post it because it does the character much more justice in this detail.
lowercasegods, can you post me a link to your artwork? I strongly believe in the support of all artists, and I love seeing peoples work. I am lucky enough that I get to draw for a living, so this is fun to share my creative side with all my friends here at MC. I don't do it to show off or get responses, I do it to share (but I humbly thank all of you for your very kind words). I would love if Jamie or Phil ever needed an artist to fill in for a day here at MC, but I'm not trying to be pushy, I just wanna' give back to MC who's provided me with so much inspiration. :zany:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I've enjoyed Muley comix in the past, very fun stuff. I didn'r realize you had yer' own merchandise though, how awesome is that!? I love the ball-cap.
lowercasegods said:
I love yer' style, bro, really nice stuff. What's yer' favorite medium? I see you use Photoshop like I do, but yer' pen and ink is really well trained. Any schooling or are you self trained? I'd love to see more, I can't believe your posts didn't get any responses, I love your style, seriously it's really fun.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Wow, thanks Jamie. Coming from you is a great compliment. DeviantArt's site kinda' stinks, but here's the link to my gallery which includes a Gonzo Spider-man piece:
http://dhulteen.deviantart.com/gallery/
My abilities have changed dramatically since these. Since my employment as a professional illustrator, I've learned LOTS of new techniques in scanning my line art, coloring, shading, etc. to speed up the process immensely and bring up the quality too. This comic took a total of 8 hours.
I looove Spider Gonzo!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Thanks, Vic. I'm a self taught cartoonist. My favorite medium is Micron Pigma markers and Sharpie markers on Bristol board. I usually color my work in Photoshop these days, but I'm also a fan of colored pencils. Though I don't work for a major company, I've done pretty well as a freelance cartoonist for the past thirteen years, mostly caricature work at parties and a buttload of advertising stuff. I've also drawn comic strips for the past ten years for several college newspapers, and I'm about to self publish my first comic book later this year. If you're interested, you can view my work on a larger scale at:
www.jayfosgitt.com
And if you check out my site's photo gallery, there's some pictures of me at a traveling Muppet museum exhibit in Flint, Michigan from 2000. That was a real dream come true, as you can imagine.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
*buh-bump!*

Heya, heya, heya! Lookin' for a crazy wallpaper for that drab machine yer' workin' on right now? Just thought you might enjoy a fun and zany Anime Karmet images for your viewing pleasure!

Karmet Wallpaper

Beauregard

Reaction score
Kewl Kermit, in every sence of the word, "Kewl...." Ultra" Far out...etc...and so on...

I like it. Tres fabuluz!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, that's so hardcore, Vic!! I love it. :big_grin: Maybe I'll change my wallpaper to that. Currently it's the Miss Piggy background from Muppets.com.
I should friends-list you! My username is acanthe on DA. I have SO MUCH to update with, and I should get around to that soon... **whistles** :sing:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I added you to my Friends at DA, Mrs. P.
You can all check out my entire gallery here. Be advised, some content may be rated PG13.