"Cheeky" Muppet Moments

Super Scooter

Reaction score
What's your favorite Muppet moment?

What's the most tear-jerking Muppet moment?

What's the funniest Muppet moment?

These are the questions that have held this forum together for so long. Now, we present to you...

"Cheeky" Muppet Moments

A thread dedicated to your favorite, most unexpected, and occasionally down-right shocking Muppet moments. While the Muppets are typically family entertainment, there have been times when the Muppets have used or suggested some profanity. The Muppets have also used innuendos (but "not everything is an innuendo") and other sexually suggestive material.

Note: this thread is based on a suggestion from Jamie:

frogboy4 said:
Someone should start a thread of cheeky Muppet moments.
So, what are some of the "cheeky" Muppet moments that you remember?

:sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:

One that I just recently watched was in the fourth episode of The Jim Henson Hour. It was the Dog City episode, and one of the lines in a song goes:

"Don't care if you're poor, don't care if you're rich. You'll be my man, I'll be your---"

... and then Rowlf cuts them off and says, "Welcome to family programing, folks."

Now, within the context, it's not too bad (after all, she is a female dog), but it just had me laughing so hard. I was just not expecting that.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm going to have to dive for one of the most obvious innuendos, instead of something subtile and clever. I always loved the way that Miss Bitterbuns pulls Pepe towards...er...her, as she lets him know in no uncertain words that he'll get his "Chrrristmas bonusss."

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The most cheeky of Muppet moments I can think of is when Raquel Welch was serenading Fozzie and she asks him to come up to her room. Of course, it doesn't really end very cheekily... but still. :stick_out_tongue:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
:flirt:

Of course, who can forget the infamous Janice lines...

"Look, Mother, it's my life, okay? So if I want to live on a beach and walk around naked..."
-The Great Muppet Caper

"Look, buddy, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is artistic."
-The Muppets Take Manhattan

:flirt:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The most cheeky of Muppet moments I can think of is when Raquel Welch was serenading Fozzie and she asks him to come up to her room. Of course, it doesn't really end very cheekily... but still. :stick_out_tongue:
"Can I bring a friend?" :embarrassed:

There's a bit from a behind-the-scenes special that shows Fozzie asking something like, "Can my mom come?"

Beauregard

Reaction score
I remember my surprise, and momentary shock, when I encountered some early interviews with Piggy and Kermit in which they discussed leather and fetishism over at ToughPigs...Most amusing indeed.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
What about Grover's infamous duets with both Madeline Kahn and Lena Horne? In the first, he's obviously flirting with Madeline, and he even snuck a kiss from Lena, and complimented her on it at the end of the song. :super:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
The Part in MWoO where pepe asks something like "What does this do?" and Gonzo, as the tin thing says something like "Oh nothing, there just my nipples":concern::eek:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
What about Grover's infamous duets with both Madeline Kahn and Lena Horne? In the first, he's obviously flirting with Madeline, and he even snuck a kiss from Lena, and complimented her on it at the end of the song.
I think we should just see how many times we can use the word "infamous" in this thread. :smile:

In the episode of The Muppet Show with Rudolph Nureyev, Miss Piggy tries to get him to take his clothes off, and then offers to take her clothes off. :embarrassed:

Oh, and on the subject of guest stars taking their clothes off, remember the first episode of Muppets Tonight?

Rizzo: Michelle Pfeiffer is taking her clothes off!

(crowd of Muppets gather)

Rizzo: Miss Piggy is taking her clothes off!

(crowd of Muppets run away)

:shifty:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Haha! Sorry about the infamous copying Super Scoot... :wink:

And while we're on Muppets Tonight...

"T'ose are some nice balloons ya got there! How about letting me play with them later?" :shifty: