1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Cheeky" Muppet Moments

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Super Scooter, Jun 30, 2008.

1. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Which is nonetheless a curse....
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Did someone mention Pepe's malaprop for the movie Miss Congeniality 2?
  3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Long John Silver saying, "Aw, h*ll, Jim!" isn't considered swearing?
  4. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

XDDD This is from the At the Dance in the Lena Horne episode--

Miss Piggy: You know, my aunt has a chest that goes back to 1700...

Male Pig: Oh. Well, it must make it tough on your uncle...

Miss Piggy: Ye-- :confused:
  5. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

I have a question: What was Crazy Harry really doing in the "Chanson D' Amour" number in the Rich Little episode? Kind of makes ya wonder... :confused:
  6. Drtooth

I thought you were referring to the speach long John was giving about the Black Spot that they used a page of the bible to make.

Anyway, they also said Bloody, which is a cuss word in Britain... but didn't they dub that out or something in the UK?
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

In the Harvey Korman episode of TMS, during his animal trainer sketch, he calls sweet, cute Thog a "black-hearted **** hound". Does that count?
  8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I think "black hearted 'heck' hound" sorta counts. I dunno.

I think they did. I seem to recall having that conversation on here at one time.
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I actually kinda forgot about that! That's one of the best parts of the movie. I think I had that speach memorized by the time I was 10. :p
  10. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

In the John Denver episode of TMS, there's a lovely moment where Annie Sue says

"Mr Kermit Sir, when we get to the swamp wold you give me a swimming lesson?"
    I can't remember exactly how Kermit replied, but...
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

When they said "Bloody" in MTI, it was redubbed "Bloomin' " in the UK. I'd have been shocked right outta my chair if someone said "Bloody" in a children's movie...
  12. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Hmmm... what about the line from MTM: "Somebody rent a room"? We all know what they're implying, but as a kid it went right over my head.
  13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

.... OH! For the honeymoon! I get it now.
  14. Drtooth

Scarily enough, I swear I heard Bloody in several kid's shows. Including the cartoon version of Carmen Sandiego.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's a good one, I never thought of it either! :):mad:
  16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Would this count? On the new SS website, there's a skit that has The Count as Countilocks who goes to visit the Three Bears, but finds out they've moved and a rabbit family has bought their home. He enjoys this more becasue"Every time she went to the house, there were more rabbits for her to count."
  17. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Let's not forget the "explosive" ending to the Koozebanian Mating Ritual sketch back in season 1. I'll bet there was a lot of laughing and giggling and nudge-nudging going on backstage during that one.

Yes, I'll rate Raquel Welch's duet with Fozzie as a "cheeky" moment...wonder how much ribbing Frank got from the others during that one? Not to mention the cold opening:

Scooter: You don't have to wear those skimpy, revealing costumes!
    Raquel: Oh, really?
    Scooter: Not unless you really want to.
    Group of male Muppets in doorway: Oh, please want to!

On the somewhat tamer end of the spectrum:
    Scooter: (swooning, and rubbing his cheek) She kissed me, right here!
    Fozzie: (disgusted) Oh, why don't you go have your cheek bronzed or something?

Okay, there were a lot of "cheeky" moments on the Raquel Welch episode.
  18. aVeryBriefCameo

aVeryBriefCameo New Member

Oh, how about in MTM when Gonzo gives Camilla mouth to mouth, they ask if she's okay, and he replies...

"Yeah, but I think we're engaged now."

Heh.