1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Cheeky" Muppet Moments

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Super Scooter, Jun 30, 2008.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My favorite classic cheeky moment was the Muppet Show episode with Rudolf Nureyev and Miss Piggy taking a steam together. Weirdness! :mad:

;) My favorite modern cheeky moment was Scooter's alternative universe go-go boy cage dancing. Yeah, the Tin Thing nipple joke comes in a close second after that. :concern:
  2. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Well, it... hasn't happened yet, but... the night is young.

Another great from The Muppets Take Manhattan:

"Oh, the sounds of love! Sooey! Oink, oink!"
    -Kermit the Frog​
  4. WAYMOND

WAYMOND New Member

How about the innuendo behind Dr. Bunsen Honeydew's Growth Pills! And don't forget that the effects are sadily temporary!
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well, hehe, something I noticed in the John Denver "Rocky Mountain Holiday" special. At the end we see John going around to all the Muppets' tents saying goodnight. We hear them each say goodnight back (we don't see them, just hear). I noticed once that we never do hear Janice's voice and I think it's because she's supposed to be in the same tent as Floyd, but they didn't want to make it too obvious, hehe. :flirt::sing:
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

How 'bout Kermit on The Cher Show asking her if she "fools around".
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And let's not forget the other Muppet moments outside of the muppet show characters. Sesame Street has its fair share of that sort of thing too.

Like in Elmopalooza, when Chris Rock decides to host the special, since Jon Stewart is locked in his dressing room.

Prairie's line: No dirty jokes!

And Chris leaves in a huff.

(of course, by dirt they meant actual dirt. He was telling mud jokes).

And then the immortal "It's Alphabet Time" skit, that parodies a certain beer commercial.
  8. BabyBeanBunny

BabyBeanBunny New Member

The cheekiest thing I can think of at the moment, and also the silliest, is Seymore and Pepe's Elephino joke.

My husband says the "Mack the Knife" song.
  9. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I always thought that the robot Kermit from Ruth Buzzi's TMS appearance was a little randy: "How's about makin' some steeeeam heat?"
  10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

From The Great Muppet Caper:

Statler: Hey, Waldorf, here come the bikinis.

Waldorf: Oh, boy! We better synchronize our pace makers!

And who could forget Gonzo photographing that woman's legs? Part of his photo essay on knee caps? Hmmmm.
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I always felt that the 'Phtographic Essay on Kneecaps" line was one of the most memorable moments in GMC.
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Oooh! I just thought of another one.

Go check out Piggy's *ahem* reaction when Charles Aznavour speaks French to her. :o
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Remember when Piggy faked a sneeze in Muppets Tonight?

Bea:zany:{*odd sense of dejavu*}regard
  14. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

One cheeky moment was when Dr. Van Neuter got drunk in the Christmas party over at Muppets Tonight. I think he even cussed---I need to review the clip. XP
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Occurances of the "H" word in Muppet productions:

The Muppet Show pitch reel originally ended with Kermit entering, looking at the camera and asking, "What the **** was that?"

It is used on The Muppet Show during "The Devil Went Down to Georgia."

During the "Happiness Hotel" number in The Great Muppet Caper: "Still, the management is cheerful, though the whole joint's gone to ****."

Long John Silver says it toward the end of Muppet Treasure Island.​

Occurances where the "H" word is used as part of a pun:

On The Jim Henson Hour, when Fozzie fills in as weather man on the Today Show, while looking at the weather map, he says: "There's a giant L over here near Nebraska! All you people in Nebraska -- you STAY in your HOMES until we can find a way to get the L out of there!"

A similar joke was also used on a recent episode of Sesame Street (the one with Tina Fey and the Bookaneers).

On Muppets Tonight, the infamous (there's that word again) "Elefino" joke.​
  16. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

^ To add to that pun list:

"Oh Fozzie, what are you carrying the fish for?" "Ah, just for the halibut."
  17. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

"Why, Beaker...you're hauntingly attractive today..." :confused:
  18. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

What's that from?

There's an episode of The Jim Henson Hour where Kermit demands that there be more sex in the show to keep the ratings up. And, since Bean Bunny is a ratings grabber, he says Bean Bunny should be part of it.
  19. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

A TMS episode but I can't remember which one. X_X
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, that's the thing... the last three in that list all use it as a biblical reference (yes, saying the joint has gone to Hades counts too). Therefore, it isn't considered a Swear per se...

It's a swear in term of "What the heck is going on here?" or "Who the heck do you think you are?"