1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaseytheMuppet, Nov 5, 2013.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wonder what Marv likes to do when he and Harry aren't robbing houses. . . .

CensoredAlso likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

Kate McKinnon is perhaps the cutest department store elf since Zooey Deschanel in, well, ELF.

Also, I love how Kenan is playing Santa in this skit - it reminds me of that Christmas episode of KENAN & KEL where he was talked into playing Santa at the mall for a quick hundred bucks to buy the mountain bike he wanted.

CensoredAlso likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

Look what I found on Google:
    [​IMG]

Wish I could find a larger/better resolution, but you can tell it's definitely from Season 30-32.

CensoredAlso likes this.
  4. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

Oh you're right!

That's gorgeous, I love how you can see all the characters in the windows.

Honestly, it feels like Christmas is going by so fast, I wouldn't mind if it did start a little early next year. ;)

5. D'Snowth

Everything seems to have gone by fast once we got out of summer . . . in a way, it feels like just yesterday I was basking in the glory of September. :p

muppetgem and CensoredAlso like this.
  6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Where’s it from?

7. D'Snowth

I dunno, I just found it on Google; just like this:

[​IMG]

LittleJerry92 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Olaf's Frozen Adventure finally aired on TV the way it was meant to, clearly as damage control after it was shown before Coco to much vitriol, and I enjoyed it. As a character piece focused on the snowman, it works well, and we even get some more bits and pieces of Anna & Elsa's past. Really wish Marshmallow the snow golem from the movie and his dozens of little siblings from Frozen Fever got some screen time, though.

This really doesn't deserve the hatred in and of itself, but I do agree that as a short preceding a major picture, it was way too long. Personally, a Zootopia Xmas special would have been nicer, but oh well.

9. D'Snowth

Peanuts holiday specials don't get any love anymore.

10. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

What?! I still love them, and I always will love them. My personal favorites are The Great Pumpkin and The Easter Beagle, but A Charlie Brown Christmas is great, too, of course.

11. D'Snowth

I mean as far as ABC is concerned. :p

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Well, there's always home media.

13. MikaelaMuppet

What does ABC show now?

14. D'Snowth

You're not wrong, but airing the Peanuts specials have been a time-honored tradition since, well, the respective years they were released.

Christmas episodes of their own shows, reality competition shows, and Disney Christmas specials.

15. MikaelaMuppet

ABC used to be so good when I was a kid. What happened to them?

16. MikaelaMuppet

Welp. I just found out that I am not getting much for Christmas this year.

:sigh:

I really do feel like I’m getting older. And I feel old too.

17. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

All I'm getting is a new Sony camera. And I'm frankly fine with that.

18. MikaelaMuppet

That's a nice gift. :)

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  19. MikaelaMuppet

You did the voices really well! Please do a longer version.

20. MikaelaMuppet

Heh heh heh. Now I know why I’m not getting much for Christmas this year.

My parents and I are going to Maine again next year, but for two weeks this time, so the both of them decided to save money and not get anything too overpriced and expensive.

It’s not going to be as many as last year, but now I really feel old because of that.