"Christmas Eve" Episode

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
nah theres alot of hated in charlie brown with love, showmanship, ego,s deceat and pain

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I think the morel of that story is...never leave anypne out because it will backfire on you the hard way.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Charlie brown always messes up and his freinds sttill love him they ride and ridcule hime there is love

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special last night on DVD at a friend's house and just realized something. Snoopy and Woodstock held out on those kids. Sure, they helped the kids make popcorn, toast, etc., but after everyone left on the bus, the two animals pull out a great big turkey dinner just for themselves. They sure could have saved Charlie Brown a lot of embarrassment. Then again, Snoopy and Woodstock didn't seem to be invited to the grandmother's house, so maybe they had the right. (Am I analyzing this too much?) :smile:
I've noticed that too. On the TV version, it just shows them eating pie. But I remember them eating the turkey before. That is strange, especially considering Woodstock's cannibalistic habits.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
these scenes are cut, Charlie brown!

Daffyfan2003 said:
I've noticed that too. On the TV version, it just shows them eating pie. But I remember them eating the turkey before. That is strange, especially considering Woodstock's cannibalistic habits.
That scene was probably in the original television broadcast and later ut for time. I know that most of the videos are uncut, so you'd probably see it there. A Charlie Brown Christmas also had scenes cut after the original broadcast. These scenes included two brief scenes with the Coca Cola logo (cut because the sponsors and video companies don't want to promote other peoples products, so these scenes aren't on the video either. One of these acenes was after the title was shown, in which Linus ran into a fench with the logo on it, and the other scene being after the ending credits) and the scene where Linus hit a can off a fench using his blanket (this scene was put back into the television broadcasts in 1997). I've read that some of the scenes from It's The great pumpkin, Charlie Brown where Charlie Brown saying that he got a rock used to be cut as well. And there were scenes in It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown that have been cut since the original broadcast (even on video). These scenes involved Pepperment patty telling Charlie Brown that he really goofed up by missing the football, but the fans really objected (I think they even protested) to this scene because Charlie Brown missing the football wasn't his fault (Lucy kept moving it away from him) so it was cut from all future broadcasts and the video release. However, there are other scenes where Peppermint Patty insulted Charlie Brown that didn't get cut.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd hate to keep talking about thanksgiving episodes in this thread, but...

There was also a garfield thanksgiving special, as well as two Looney Tunes thanksgiving specials (Bugs Bunnys Thanksgiving Diet and Daffy Duck's Thanks-For-Giving Special).

Greg The Bunny sort of had a thanksgiving episode. There was an episode called Rabbit Redux, where most of the first half involves production on a Sweetknuckle Junction thanksgiving episode. Oddly enough, this episode didn't air around thanksgiving (the show was a midseason replacement show in 2002, and the show was cancled before the fall television season).

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I think you are beginning to get off topic. please.

It's okay. We have moderators to tell us when we're getting off topic.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I realized we were kind of getting off topic. Perhaps, we could continue discussing Thanksgiving specials in the "General Discussion" thread or something like that and get back to the original topic here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that at the beginning, Big Bird never talks but the other muppets do talk? I think that you can also tell that a different Big Bird costume is used for the opening sequence. Big Bird looks a lot lighter when ice skating then he does in the rest of the special (probably so he wont be too heavy for the skater to perform while skating), and both of his arms move freely, so the performer probably couldn't move the mouth. I wonder how the head stood up. The costume versions of the other muppets had lines but their motyuhs couldn't properly move, but I guess kids would obviously notice that the regular-sized muppets were bigger than usual, but probably wouldn't notice too much that Big Bird is also different from the one used on the show.