1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Christmas Movie Bloopers on NBC's Funniest Outtakes 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Cindy, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

2. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Re: Guys,

*raises hand* I did. I'm missing maybe the first thirty seconds to a minute, but I taped it.

But don't anyone ask for copies, please. I'm not technologically inclined enough to do that.

-Kim
  3. dhillman

dhillman New Member

I saw the whole thing and personally, I was was laughing hardest at:

1.) Kermit's word EMphaSIS and proNUNciATION in the Moulin Scrooge scene

2.) Pepe critiquing Joan Cusack on how to correctly do a scene / how he felt when she grabbed him.

3.) Fozzie doing his dance moves, as learned from Michael Jackson

4.) Lew Zealand playing his boomerang fish on Kermit's head

AND

5.) Any other scenes with Pepe in general :rolleyes:

It was well worth the time... I too hope we see them on DVD :D

D
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

aaauuuggghhh!!!

I missed it.

:cry: :grouchy: :mad: :(
  5. MrsKalabash

MrsKalabash New Member

From Mediaweek.com:

-Yesterday's Losers:
    NBC's Funniest Outtakes 2, Platinum (UPN), Watching Ellie (NBC), Less Than Perfect (ABC)

UPN's soon-to-conclude Buffy, the Vampire Slayer averaged a 3.5/5 while 8 p.m. special, NBC's Funniest Outtakes 2, was only slightly better with a 4.6/7.

Guess not too many people really want to see Muppet bloopers...

:)
  6. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Thanks Kim.

But did no one record the ENTIRE show ?

Kim, Did you lose any Muppetness in the first minute ?

And could someone get us a run down of what was on there please?

see ya
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Looks like we've got another Murgatoad..

And if it IS you, scram!!!
  8. Fozzie Bear

I'd say we could blame it on that if it were an all-Muppets program, but it wasn't. Generally, those blooper programs are kind of dull, so they don't get the credit they could get when they're good.

Sometimes bloopers just aren't funny. When they had bloopers and practical jokes, I'd change the channel on the practical jokes because they were never funny to me.

Dick Clark and Ed McMahon aren't funny to me.

What WAS funn-ee! Right after MCC came out, they showed some bloopers from the film, and one was of Gonzo talking in the tree swinging the rope/claw around, and it suddenly popped up and smacked him in the face. He fell over and Rizzo shouted, "MEDIC!!"
  9. Drtooth

She's just another anti-muppet poster who we should post on our ignore lists.

Blaming th Muppets for it... BS, man! They didn't even promote the Muppets as being on it. Infact, I didn't even hear about ittill I saw Piggy and Kermit before the first break...

besides, it was on opposite American Idol, which the general Public has been preprogramed to like for some reason.
  10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Would you calm down, man??? She's stating a practically obvious fact! The majority of the public does not want to see the Muppets! Do you realize how many Muppet haters are out there? I think that's kinda what she was getting at. It most likely was not personal feelings, just a statement. Don't twist words, man.
  11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well i don't think many people out and out hate them, it's just underexposure.......

of course there are a few.....

i wish i caught this....they usually rerun these things to death, though...hopefully i can catch it.....

Sarah
  12. Drtooth

remember... Murgatoad started the same way... I wouldn't be surprised if it was toadbutt creating another bogus account...

Do you know why I hate people like this? they have no imagination, they don't want to have a hand i the entertainment business but sit on their butts and watch...

Jim Henson was a doer and a dreamer... I do... I dream...

people like that just say "ooooh!!! Dem stoopit muffits are all elmos and they is fo' babies... let's watch some reality tv.... obey the mass media!"
  13. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

The world is FULL (FULL I tell ya!) of Muppet Haters?

I'm not so sure about that. Yes, there ARE people out there who don't like the Muppets. To each his own.

But I don't think that the Non Rabid Muppet Fan people out there HATE the Muppets. The Muppets aren't as popular as they once were, but that doesn't mean that people hate the Muppets. If people just out and out hated the Muppets, I don't think Hot Topic would bother carrying any Muppet stuff. Nor would the Palisades action figures sell so well. Even so, when I wear Muppety things, people are curious. They just don't KNOW what the Muppets are up to these days. Generally speaking, I have heard from a lot of people that they had no idea that the Muppets did ANYTHING after Jim's death.

It's not Muppet Hate, it's Muppet Ignorance.

Ok, I'm done ranting...
  14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

A regreted exageration. I was tired, angry, busy, and Drtooth just pushed the wrong buton. I exploded. I am sorry.

I get like Kermit when I blow up.:)
  15. Fozzie Bear

You get warts and swell?
  16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

17. VC2020

VC2020 New Member

It was mentioned at NBC.com which I found out when a friend told me Muppet Flubbs...I was like what's a Flubb?..Then I checked the site and catched it on my NBCW...I also have it capped in Xvid it is around 25.5 MB it has all muppet stuff and Looks Great...If someone can find me 25.5 mb of space online I will upload it to share
  18. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Re: Guys,

Just one small clip of Kermit flubbing a line. I know Scooter was in the background and possibly Piggy as well. I'm not too sure, but it looked like that particular clip had been shot outside for some reason.

-Kim
  19. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Really? Cause I think that show is fun-ee!
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You have to weigh why a show didn't perform against its competition. I didn't watch the bloopers program because I don't like such programs. I find Idol more compelling and I think most of America did as well. I'm counting on the bloopers being on the DVD this fall. NBC knew they couldn't compete so they just aired an inexpensively made compilation program.

Fox had a very strong block last night with Idol and 24. I think Ellie is a good show, but it doesn't stand a chance against 24. That show has a loyal following who can't miss a show at this point. Idol and 24 are at crunch time now. 3 weeks left. My prediction is that NBC doesn't know what to do with it so they are sticking it in a terrible time slot. My guess is that NBC's Madonna interview was the top rated show from 10-11.