1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Christmas Movie Bloopers on NBC's Funniest Outtakes 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Cindy, Apr 29, 2003.

1. foofoocakes New Member

Get over yourself Jamie. Watching muppet flubs in character is wayyy better than watching some silicone inflated bimbo prance across the stage.

I LOVED it when Pepe said " My brain fell out".
  2. sarah_yzma Active Member

i'm not an idol fan......

i was at the movies last night.....

Sarah
  3. frogboy4 Inactive Member

We all have our opinions, but it isn't necessary to be rude in order to get them across. Please keep that in mind in the future. I'm not a big bloopers show fan, but you are. That's perfectly fine. :smirk:

The Muppet bloopers will probably be on DVD this fall. I wish the program didn't conflict, but I can wait. I'm not certain if you've watched the Idol program this year, but this year's crop of talent isn't silicone inflated. They are very regular looking people. I probably won't purchase any of their albums, but I enjoy watching the competition and chose it over a couple of possible Muppet clips strewn throughout a show of other clips. If I’d known there would be so much Muppets, there would have been some flipping or Tivo involved. :zany:

My point is that it is easy to see how Idol received bigger ratings. The bloopers were barely even promoted.
  4. Cantus Rock New Member

BlueFrackle,
    I should have the show in its entirety soon, as I am getting it from someone who didn't hit 'record' because of the Muppets (they claim to have it taped with a minute before and a minute after the program). If you'd like a copy, email me (keep in mind I'm NTSC).

-Matt
  5. electricmayhem New Member

I never even heard about it and I watch nbc ALL the time! I too was watching American Idol but I definitely would have wanted to see the bloopers! Aw man:( Please be on the dvd, please be on the dvd!!
  6. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I'll be happy when there's news of them being released on VHS. :)
  7. BlueFrackle Active Member

Matt,

Great news !

Let me know if it is in its entirety when you get it !

see ya
  8. Cantus Rock New Member

Will do. Do you have NTSC videos to trade, or will we have to work something else out if things come to pass?

-Matt
  9. BlueFrackle Active Member

Matt,

I dont have any NTSC videos to trade, but lots of other good stuff !

Come onto AIM and we can chat !

see ya
  10. Manda:-D New Member

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!! DANGIT, I MISSED IT!!!! (I haven't been around for a few days, so if this OLD news....) What was I doing that night???? ...Oh,right. Reading assignment. I CURSE READING ASSIGNMENTS!!!!!! :mad:
  11. wolfy Member

While the Muppets were on quite a bit on this NBC special, I don't know how many of you would want the ENTIRE show. Honestly, how many of you would have watched it normally if the Muppets wouldn't have been on there?

I saw the show. We were pleasantly surprised that the Muppets were on there, but I don't think it added up to more than about 6-8 minutes total time, if that...

What you need to do is see if there is going to be any other specials like this on either NBC or ABC. They seem to be having a contest lately between them as to who can show the most "blooper" programs in a month... :)

I do know that on NBC this week AND next week they are going to be having Game Show bloopers, and those DO include "Hollywood Squares," so if you think there is a chance that any of the Muppets might be on either at 8 p.m. tonight or 8 p.m next Tuesday night on your local NBC station, it might be wise to set up your VCRs and record the program...

I, personally, will be recording this program, as I am a big "Gilmore Girls" lover. NOTHING can stop me from GG each week, and then we watch "Smallville" afterward. Sometimes NBC catches me with a good "Dateline" show, but right now the only "Dateline" I would be interested in would be one where Scott Peterson gets his due for the murder of his wife and unborn child...(yes, I have tried and convicted the man, and I have pronounced sentence on him as well...horrid, aren't I?)

I THINK I have a copy of the NBC blooper show from last week that has the Muppets on it, but I can't guarantee it, as we have been recording shows all week on that tape; first there was the Bob Hope special, then the blooper special on ABC, then the NBC one, then another ABC one and then tonight we will be recording another NBC special. This on top of whatever else we have on there, like the "Jaywalking" specials that come on Jay Leno's Tonight show...I love those!

Anyway...Just a warning that there are those game show specials tonight and next Tuesday at 8 p.m. on NBC. If the Muppets are on there, it's a kind of "watch and see" situation...

Oh, and ABC will be celebrating a 50th anniversary around the 17th of May, so if the Muppets have ever had any kind of shows on ABC, you might want to prepare for that one as well, as they are going to be showing clips of various shows and having various stars from those shows on the program...
    wolfy
    (who uses "various" and other words WAY too much in her messages...)
  12. Cantus Rock New Member

I know I wouldn't. I'm not a bloopers fan, nor am I am fan of NBC sitcoms. But, its collector mentality my dear lady. You have to have the complete show, no matter if you like the non-Muppet segments or not. Its the same reason I have the entire "Other Half" episode with Pepe, and the entire Conan O'Brian (or was it Craig Kilborn? eh, whatever) with Kermit.

Its like buying a CD from your favorite band and having the songs you don't like cut out. Maybe that is good for some people, but as a die-hard, that just wouldn't be right for me.

PS - I mailed my money out for the complete copy of the show, so I wont be blowing up about it again any time soon (assuming it is in fact complete).

-Matt
  13. VC2020 New Member

I captured and encoded this into HQ DivX for who ever wants contact me my AIM VC Koolkid
  14. sarah_yzma Active Member

the show reran again tonight. luckily the only other thing on was football, so I halfheartedly watched it (I forgot about this thread) and was happily surprised! the first one I saw was the 'my brain fell out'

it was PACKED of muppet stuff! I bet they had the most air time!

did anyone else catch this on it's second run?
  15. I saw some of it, Sarah---I just love it when a Muppeteer "bloops", and they keep it in character wif the Muppets! :D
  16. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

*sniggers* Yeah, and then as Pepe's walking away to redo his entrance you can hear Piggy asking something to the effect of, "You have a brain?" The ones with Pepe and Rizzo were funny too, especially since in the interview bits of the show Rizzo STILL was pronouncing "petrie dish" as "pestrie dish." Someone must have had pastries on the brain or something :D

And Fozzie calls his flubs "Harold." Awwww :)

But my personal favorite was the one where Bunsen and Beaker are walking up to Ms. Bitterman, and halfway through his line Bunsen (or Dave, rather) manages to inhale his sleeve! I, for one, would like to know just how he managed that one. It couldn't have been comfortable.

-Kim
  17. wolfy Member

Doggone it!!

I was watching the Doris Day marathon on Turner Classic Movies last night (my kid and I LOVE "Pillow Talk," and I REALLY love "Love Me or Leave Me" with James Cagney)!

I saw that the blooper show was on earlier in the day on the TV schedule, but didn't realize that it was THAT blooper show.

Oooooh...if only I'd known...

sniffing...
    wolfy
  18. Crazy Harry New Member

I didn't even know it was on.

:boo: and then :boo: some more.
  19. sarah_yzma Active Member

I KNOW!!! it's great!

how bad would it be if kermit flubbed, and you hear Steve go ---- (insert any 4 letter word you like)

that's a great lesson to teach the kids ;)
  20. Fozzie Bear Moderator