Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I think it's to late for him to have his old roles. He would be taking them away for a very talented performer. But seeing him direct the Muppets or voice a new character would be great!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know if any of them i think he should do Sam or possably Miss Piggy. I think it would be good if at times Frank did half and Eric did half that way they could interatct with each other.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I wish I had two heads, like the Two Headed Monster...Just so I could bang the things together right now!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I wish people would realize that Mr. Oz, while it would be awesome, no longer wants to perform his classic Muppet characters. Maybe he'd be interesting in directing... but I don't think he would even consider reprising his roles--especially now that he'd be stepping all over poor Eric.

Beauregard

Reaction score
---especially now that he'd be stepping all over poor Eric.
Even though, technically, Puppeteers get stepped over, around, etc, all day long.

Comes with the territory :stick_out_tongue:...and trying to stay below the camera.

Hehe!

Beau

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Even though, technically, Puppeteers get stepped over, around, etc, all day long.

Comes with the territory :stick_out_tongue:...and trying to stay below the camera.

Hehe!

Beau
Haha it's true... they're all going to have stubbed toes and hunched backs when they get old.

BEAR

Reaction score
This may be old news, but Miss Piggy was on The View yesterday and stated that the special will be airing THIS Christmas! I was so excited to hear that after we were all told we would have to wait til next year. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... The airdate for the special has been announced for December 17, 2008, Little Bird's B-day. Sure hope it airs then... Ah, the memories of catching MFC when first it aired during the 1987/1988 holiday season.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Miss Piggy was on the View? She should be one of the regulars on there, if you ask me!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, Piggy's the best and I hope future projects stay away from the crueler fat jokes.
When have they ever? It's always been part of the mix like Fozzie's bad jokes, Gonzo's strangeness and Rizzo's shifty ways. I would write letters if they tried to make any character more politically correct. We don't need any Veggie Monsters in the Muppet Show and I don’t think that will ever happen. However I never found the pig as plump as the accusations. :wink: