1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 9, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Good point. Sort of like how some are thinking that Oz will be remade. :(

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Paromount witch is Vicacom witch used to own CBS does not air them anymore and does not control them because Disney owns the specials. Except for a few of the movie and movie length ones. Not those Paramount owns and they have aired on many other channels.

3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

So Disney owns the Peanuts & Muppets? Awesome.

4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well ABC does own the rights to air the specials and they do...

5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And because Disney has massive stock in ABC, does that mean Disney owns the Peanuts backlog?

6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think Waner Brothers owns the Peanuts.

7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Disney/ABC just HOLDS the Peanuts TV rights (for now) to air

8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Then it would be awesome if both specials aired back to back, IMO.

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Disney does not own the Peanuts. They might have distribution rights for some of the specials, but that is a different deal. If Disney had purchased Snoopy and the gang it would have been headline news.

10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

So does own them: Paramount, Nick, ABC, Shultz's estate...Who?

11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Perhaps Peanut discussion could take place in a Peanut thread? I keep coming here to read updates, and finding that all we've had is Peanut talk...

Bea:zany:{*eats some salted peanuts*}regard

12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree.

So, if this special is one-hour long, that means about 43 minutes of actual show. How many songs do you think it will have and how Christmasy do you think they will they be? How will the writing balance turn out? Will it be enjoyable to both younger new fans and us vintage fanatics? :crazy:

13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I think three for four songs is a good number. One at the beginning, one when that plot takes off, one for the else or something at the North Pole, Maybe a Santa solo or something, and one at the end. But just a guess of course and based on personal opinion...

14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It should be. After all, we're an audience too, just as the next generation is.

15. dwayne1115

Well its going to be an hour long right? so i really hope that it is not to jam packed full of songs that it makes the stroy suffer, or the other way around.

16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. As said, like so many things now, this special will need balance.

17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I feel certain with Paul Williams involved it will be a good mix of song and story. I hope that, whoever has been involved in the Muppets.com and new Youtube.com videos, will be involved with this project!

18. dwayne1115

I know that Jim Lewis has really taken credit for writeing the Muppets.com and Youtube videos. He was also the co-producer od Studio DC almost live. I don't know however if he is working on this christmas movie. Personaly if they are not useing Jim i feel that the movie will suffer some. Anything Jim does with the Muppets has that magic touch to it. He was the voice of the Muppets in the very populare Muppet Magazine, and I feel really brought back the origanal feel of what the Muppets where all about in KSY and AVMMX. He also did a wonderful job with Before You Leap. Jim also has taken what we have talked about in the Ask Jim threads, and really tried to use that in the Muppets.com videos. Why they have not made him the head Muppet writer is beyond my thinking, and by hiering new SNL writers is a real slap in the face to Jim and the other Muppet writers.
    Now this is all my personal thoughts I haven't talked to Jim in a few weeks so He may be busy with this movie (I hope)

19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that very thing recently Dwayne, and I have no idea WHY he wouldn't be writing this project...

UNLESS he was producing again, like he did with Studio DC, which would give him creative control over most of what the Muppets say and do in the special.

20. dwayne1115

Ya know i really hope your right about that Ryan. Being Jim's friend makes me a little byass about that but i really hope he is involved in some way. I would also love to see him Direct one day.