Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, the site's back up, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like they put back the missing clips. To be honest, I thought the one with the 'number painter' was kind of lame. I hope I don't get chewed out for saying that though. It's just my opinion. What I would like to see is the original version of "Monster in the Mirror. I was disappointed that they used the "Play With Me Sesame" version. It's bad enough that it didn't include the celebrities, but what was worse was that Eric Jacobson's Grover showing up and making comments got in the way and you couldn't really hear the song. I never realzed how different the two voices were before hearing them together. Also, a lot of the stuff at the site isn't that old and is or at least could be on the show today. If they're going to delete anything, I'd much rather they did it with the newer stuff, than with the older stuff.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I was just wondering do you know if I could go to my local public library and wach these since I can't really do it on my computer? Do these things work on library computers?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Sure! Just make sure you have headphones! :smile:

(Also, I'd check with the librarian to see if the sound is even turned on. And their computers may or may not have the Java installed needed for it to work. So you'd have to check on that too.)

By the way, regarding the "Monster in the Mirror" video, I actually uploaded that one because it was the only one I had handy. I think I have the original somewhere- as soon as I can, I'll see about uploading it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
One I would love to see is the Ernie and Bert song about "You don't mind it". Its an old skit/song. I would love to see that. I saw it on an newer episode but I would like to record the song off the internet. I can't do that on reglar TV. Thanks if anyone can.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
"You are sleepy- really sleepy, but I don't mind if you are sleepy. If you're sleepy, I don't mind it- that's what friends are for!"
LOL!!! :smile: Awesome song! If anyone has it, please do upload it!

Erine81981

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
"You are sleepy- really sleepy, but I don't mind if you are sleepy. If you're sleepy, I don't mind it- that's what friends are for!"
LOL!!! :smile: Awesome song! If anyone has it, please do upload it!
"That's what Friends are for" I think is the name. I couldn't think of the name. Thanks GL for reminding me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Sure! Just make sure you have headphones! :smile:

(Also, I'd check with the librarian to see if the sound is even turned on. And their computers may or may not have the Java installed needed for it to work. So you'd have to check on that too.)

By the way, regarding the "Monster in the Mirror" video, I actually uploaded that one because it was the only one I had handy. I think I have the original somewhere- as soon as I can, I'll see about uploading it.
Thanks. I didn't mean to criticize or anything. I guess I was more or less blaming "Sesame Workshop" for messing with the original. Anyway, I look forward to seeing that.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
If the YouTube user 'dgranter' is on MC, I want to thank ya for uploading E&B: The Cake. That is a clip I've heard about so much and badly wanted to see! Thanks again! :big_grin:

--------------------
Also, something I would love to see on YT would be a Barrio Sesamo episode, because I remember seeing one of them for download on another site some years ago but never downloaded it. So this is my wishlish as of now:

I dont want to live on the moon
Monster in The Mirror ( any)
More Monsterpiece Theater, specifically "39 Stairs" and "One Flew Over Coocoo's Nest"
More E&B (what I'm thinkin of is "The Drums", etc)
More Grover the Waiter ( The Count and Hot Dogs, etc)
More Super Grover/Grover/Marshall Grover
Do De Rubber Duck
Oscar, the Bus, and Kermit
Monsterpiece Theater: King & I
The Count's "Song of the Count"
Star Wars on Sesame Street Inserts
and Barrio Sesamo episode
:big_grin:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether 'woobie' on YouTube ran into legal trouble for uploading any of his vintage clips? I was sorely disappointed when most of my playlist had been "removed by user" (according to an onsite message).

dinoboy

Reaction score
Vintage Sesame Street Clips

I hear you, we would all love to be able to gain full access to lost video skits of Sesame Street from our youthful years, and see them once again. From what I understand is that all of those skits were still protected under copyright laws, and is still the property of CTW. Just because those films and clips haven't aired on the show for years, doesn't mean that it's up for grabs. I'm not a lawyer, but I also have copyrighted works of my own, and I would have the same concern if my stuff was on the net and up for grabs. That's the thing with the internet, as much fun as it is to download Mp3's of songs, or a Rom file of your favorite arcade game to play with an emulator, it eventually leads to trouble. It's best to leave your memories in text form. But I guess someone took it one step ahead and uploaded the clips. Sorta like Jurassic Park, when Mr. Hammond took it one step ahead in bringing the dinos back from extinction, since he wanted to fullfill everyone's love of dinos and make it more than just a dream.