Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah it was so nice to get to see the Chocolate cake E&B skit again. Also the ones with Cookie Monster trying to take Ernie's pillow and cupcakes. All three of those are real early SS (probably 1970 or 1971).
Funny how these monsters just suddenly appear in Ernie and Bert's apartment, eh! Like they just walk around SS and enter any residence they wish and then take anything that strikes their fancy! Herry and Grover have also appeared in that apartment without knocking. Can't recall if Oscar had knocked on the door or not the couple of times he was in there. At least Ernie had manners in this regard. When he returned Herbert Birdsfoot's vacuum cleaner, he knocked on the door and waited for Herbie to answer it. Course then Ernie chewed him out for no reason but at least he didn't just walk right in. :smile: And boy wouldn't that be a fun one to see come up on youtube in the future, eh?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I would like to watch classic versions of Everybody Eats and Everybody Sleeps.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay, for all who asked for it- check out the latest "Sesame Street" videos on youtube.com

I have just gotten through uploading a bunch of new ones, including video clips of the 2 1979 Star Wars episodes of Sesame Street, Guy Smiley hosting The Remembering Game with Cookie Monster and Bill Smith, Lefty the Salesman trying to sell Ernie a number 8, and............

Monsterpiece Theatre- "The King and I"

and

"Monster in the Mirror" - original 1989 celebrity-studded version!

Enjoy!:excited: :flirt: :smile:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
If the YouTube user 'dgranter' is on MC, I want to thank ya for uploading E&B: The Cake. That is a clip I've heard about so much and badly wanted to see! Thanks again! :big_grin:
You're welcome.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Okay, for all who asked for it- check out the latest "Sesame Street" videos on youtube.com

I have just gotten through uploading a bunch of new ones, including video clips of the 2 1979 Star Wars episodes of Sesame Street, Guy Smiley hosting The Remembering Game with Cookie Monster and Bill Smith, Lefty the Salesman trying to sell Ernie a number 8, and............

Monsterpiece Theatre- "The King and I"

and

"Monster in the Mirror" - original 1989 celebrity-studded version!

Enjoy!:excited: :flirt: :smile:
Thanks, Gonzo. I'll take a look.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes thanks very much, Gonzo Leaper. So much fun and great nostalgia seeing the Lefty skit with the number 8 and the Guy Smiley skit with the jet planes and cookies. :smile:
I wonder if the Lefty skit was the first Lefty and Ernie one, because Ernie asks him if he's a salesman. Also, they didn't play that usual theme music of Lefty sneaking up on Ernie. And as Sesame Mike pointed out on another thread when we were discussing this skit, that was hilarious when Ernie says a number 9 is useful for seeing what day August 9th falls on! And when I was little and saw this and Lefty says an 8 reminds you how many reindeer "Santy" Claus has, I was like, "What about Rudolph??"

And in the Guy Smiley remembering game skit, my recollection was that the spinning of those numbers was much faster and that we couldn't tell whether it was a cookie or a plane until it stopped. That's another thing that's so fascinating to see these 70's clips again - seeing how much matches what my memory was and where there were slight differences from how I thought it had went. And that was great when Guy Smiley says Bill Smith is a pipe salesman from Cedar Rapids, Iowa! That's something I totally didn't think anything of back then and was probably one of those things meant to amuse the parents. Nowadays they probably wouldn't use a line like that, though, since smoking has become very politically incorrect. And something I brought up once before about this clip: Instead of Cookie Monster trading away the plane he won for Bill's cookie, why didn't he just sell the plane and then have money to buy as many cookies as he wants for the rest of his life! :stick_out_tongue:

BillKal

Reaction score
Was that the first game show with Guy Smiley? If not -- which skit was the first one with Guy Smiley?