Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I just found out Sesame Street Ended it's partnership with Warner Home video and now it's new partnership will be with Shout Factory

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Yeah, since Shout is well known for their collectible DVDs i'm kind of hoping we get to see more classic material in the future.
Wow. The same company that released some 90s Nicktoons to DVD. Anyway, let's hope Shout Factory doesn't put their bloody claws on the clips.

BTW Someone told me that YouTube's content ID system is broken and not working properly. I'm assuming it was some malfunction with the content IDs that got the Sesame Street clips mistakenly blocked by WMG.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BTW Someone told me that YouTube's content ID system is broken and not working properly. I'm assuming it was some malfunction with the content IDs that got the Sesame Street clips mistakenly blocked by WMG.
No, of course not. When people talk about the content ID and copyright system being "broken," they're talking about how often times it's bots and machine that make the claims on behalf of third party companies when they automatically detect audiovisual content that the parties claim to own, rather than real people making the claims. This way, YouTube can try to keep the copyright bullies happy at all times without having to sift through each and every claim themselves.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
No, of course not. When people talk about the content ID and copyright system being "broken," they're talking about how often times it's bots and machine that make the claims on behalf of third party companies when they automatically detect audiovisual content that the parties claim to own, rather than real people making the claims. This way, YouTube can try to keep the copyright bullies happy at all times without having to sift through each and every claim themselves.
Woah. :O

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, since Shout is well known for their collectible DVDs i'm kind of hoping we get to see more classic material in the future.
And don't forget: they've released DVDs of The Electric Company and Ghostwriter- both of which are old school CTW/SW shows.

Anyway, let's hope Shout Factory doesn't put their bloody claws on the clips.
I doubt it's going to happen- bear in mind, Shout has already had the rights of releasing 2 other old school CTW/SW shows on DVD in the past, and I don't think any clips from either show that have been uploaded to YouTube have had any copyright strikes, so you shouldn't have to worry.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Same! They're honestly one of my favorite companies (especially since they've gotten out a good portion of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on DVD).