Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

zns

Reaction score
Looks great Daffyfan2003. I especially like the "Google Bugle" song with Kermit and Cookie Monster. I haven't seen that since I was in preschool and I remember it very fondly. Can't wait to see what else you put up. By the way, would you by any chance happen to have the song "Hola" with Maria and Luis?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I saw "Google Bugle." I thought that sketch was okay, but I wonder if CM was the best character to pick for that one. He really didn't say anything about his obsession with Cookies. I wonder if that would have been better with Grover or Telly.

Ziffel

Reaction score
There's a neat clip on YouTube now with Big Bird on The Hollywood Squares in 1976. Lots of hilarious lines from Big Bird like saying he's a lark and botching Peter Marshall's name (as he always did with Mr. Hooper). Also interesting that he says he's six years old (which is the age he is supposed to be) since time wise he really would have been about six (since SS debuted in November 1969 and this was a 1976 HS episode).

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
Yes, Big Bird is & has been six years old for about 39 years now! LOL!

If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Snuffleupagus (AKA- "Snuffy", AKA- "Aloysius") is still 4 years old!

webheadgreg

Reaction score
Rebel L

Has anyone been able to find a video of a Billy Idol parody. It's the letter L singing a song called "Rebel L" really hilarious...plus it's my sister's nickname and i was hoping to find it to show her where i got it from. thanks

greg

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
There's a neat clip on YouTube now with Big Bird on The Hollywood Squares in 1976. Lots of hilarious lines from Big Bird like saying he's a lark and botching Peter Marshall's name (as he always did with Mr. Hooper). Also interesting that he says he's six years old (which is the age he is supposed to be) since time wise he really would have been about six (since SS debuted in November 1969 and this was a 1976 HS episode).
Yeah. I saw that one. I liked when he called him Mr. Marshmallow. Except, I always thought that Big Bird was four in the 70s and didn't exactly turn six until the "Follow that Bird" era. At least that's what some sources say.

Also, sources tend to disagree on what type of bird BB is, first he's a lark, then he's a condor, then he's a canary.

As another famous bird once said:

Would it be too much to ask if we could make up our minds, hmmmmm?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Newly uploaded on youtube is another great Jon Jon clip. It's with Bert and Sherlock Hemlock! I had forgotten about this one. Many more classic moments like Jon Jon addressing and trying to pronounce "Mr. Hemlock", asking Sherlock if he wants to count when Bert had just asked him and Sherlock said yes, and Sherlock saying at the end, "Egad! That's fantastic, Jon Jon" (Jon Jon's expression when he said that was just so side-splittingly funny!)

Also new is the "clap clap clap" sketch. Boy that was really fun to see and hear again. And always nice to see Roosevelt Franklin and Farley.

Ziffel

Reaction score
One more thing that I thought was funny and great from that Bert/Sherlock/Jon Jon skit I mentioned in the previous post was when Bert started off asking if they both wanted to count. They both answered in the affirmative and then Bert started talking about how they would go about the exercise. But suddenly Jon Jon interrupts and says, "Mr. Hemlock?" I love how Frank Oz made Bert look surprised and say, "What?" in a perplexed way! And also how Jerry Nelson took a while to respond with his "Yes, Jon Jon?" It's like Jerry was caught off guard there. :smile:

And I viewed the classic Count sketch again where he counts the mail that consisted of tons of letters he wrote and mailed to himself. There were lots of very funny lines in that skit but wasn't that opening music (along with the werewolf sound effects) really great too? I absolutely love it. The eerie and catchy music reminds me of the music and sound effects at the great Haunted Mansion Disney World ride while you are waiting in line.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
4 Cheers For the Number 4.

I just saw this clip on youtube for the first time and 1 thing I didn't notice was the hands throwing the confeti. this happened more than once.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I loved that number 4 cheer skit. I love the way the brown muppet says "Hip Hip Hooray" near the end. And it was wild at the end how the blue muppet was swinging aroung so wildly. Here's what one youtube comment said about that:
"Look at the blue muppet that Jim Henson is puppeteering. His hand must have slipped out of the head because it begins to wildly spin in the last couple of seconds of the clip."
And how about the beginning when the 4 muppets are just standing there and the girl muppet turns and kisses the purple Roosevelt Franklin lookalike muppet. I wonder if that was the puppeteers clowning around before the skit started and if it made the actual SS shows that aired.