Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PinballStewie

Reaction score
A certain SS "music video" from the '80s...

Seems like "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics is getting increasingly more requests!!! =D I'm hopin' somebody out there will post it one o' these daze! The reason I know this is 'cuz I Googled "Nickmatics" and found two things I hadn't seen before; # 1 was something someone posted on a video game site about this song just yesterday and the other (or really, others) were clips already on YouTube about "N" and I found requests for this song in a couple of "N" clips. It would be so darn cool to see this again!! Before I see the clip, could someone please describe whether this song sounded like a generic new-wave/classic rock parody (a la How Now Brown and the Moo Wave) or if it more made fun of punk rock. I've heard that it was kinda both; Nick Normal (from what I remember) kinda looked like an SS version of a Sex Pistols/Clash-type rocker yet one of the posts I read regarding this song said it was more "electro/new-wave". Anywaze I'm really hoping someone'll post this!! TTYL!

PinballStewie

mikealan

Reaction score
Not all of jonnytbird4789, Larynxa and Skootch's videos too?!?

I have discovered that ALL of jonnytbird4789, Larynxa and Skootch's videos have been removed because their user accounts have been suspended!! Now this sucks! This really sucks that not many of the SS clips are on YouTube anymore!:frown: :mad:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well I figured this was bound to happen at some point considering most of these clips are illegal.

mikealan

Reaction score
Now not all of nantosuichoken's videos too?!!?

Why did they start removing all of nantosuichoken's videos?!?! I think his user account is suspended too!! Now we do not have many of the SS videos on YouTube anymore and I think all of nantosuichoken, jonnytbird4789, Larynxa, Skootch, taylorheston, murdock31, rallyscraps and christmas75's videos are gone off YouTube forever! I mean, a lot of these SS clips, whose user accounts are suspended are gone forever!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
It's because Viacom owns Noggin, so anything with a Noggin logo must go.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Will sawing14s account be next? Get the free flv player online and save those clips while you can!!!

This is sad. I know with copyright issues and such, but...these most of these bits are all that's really left of the vintage Sesame that didn't make it to the Old School DVD's. Doesn't Sesame Workshop know how much we love watching those clips? Haven't they read the number of views for the videos?

If they plan to continue releasing the old stuff on DVD, fine. However, my point is that fans would love to have access to this stuff, and yanking the videos off of YouTube (copyright issues or not) restricts that access.

We're all here on MC because we love the work of Jim Henson. Sometimes, YouTube may be the only way for some of us to see rare bits of Henson's work. After all, how soon do you think they'll come out with "The Cube", or "Sam and Friends" on DVD? Slim, slim chance, folks.

There's a LOT of stuff on YouTube that Sesame Workshop should be concerned about deleting. What if kids on the internet are looking for Elmo stuff, and they find this for example. (WARNING: Click at your own risk...it's not pretty). I am by no means an Elmo fan...but if I were working for Sesame Workshop, I'd much rather be concerned about deleting that video than untouched, rare, vintage Sesame bits. "Lulu's Back in Town" (one of my favorite SS clips) is one example.

So...if you were at Sesame Workshop and was cruising YouTube one day, which clip would you want to remove first?

This?
Or...this?

All I can say is, hope your videotapes last, folks, because soon a Sesame Street clip on YouTube may someday become rarer than finding the Wilkins and Wontkins puppets for 50 cents at a garage sale.

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
It's because Viacom owns Noggin, so anything with a Noggin logo must go.
I'm not sure about the other users, but I know that some of Larynxa's stuff didn't have the Noggin logo...there was an old SS clip in black and white (with Cookie Monster?) in that collection, for example.

Maybe Sesame Workshop and Viacom are both removing the clips?

Convincing John

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
I'm not sure about the other users, but I know that some of Larynxa's stuff didn't have the Noggin logo...there was an old SS clip in black and white (with Cookie Monster?) in that collection, for example.
She also uploaded clips of the British comedy genre, which also helped suspend the account.