Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
I just saw the Ernie and Bert skit where Ernie eats up all of Bert's chocolate ice cream and Bert walks in waiting to have his icecream, which Ernie must find a replacement for it [SNIP!!!]
Wow, massive spoilers! When I wrote a description of this on YouTube, I was very careful not to give away the ending for those that hadn't seen it.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
What I hope to see on YouTube someday:

*Song: Swamp Mushy Muddy(Oscar/ two witches)
*More E/B skits from 1969
*This one skit which I found a picture of once that had Bert, Oscar, Cookie, Muppet monsters and possibly more from 1969. I'd love to finally see what the scene was all about
*Herry/Blue Monster/Cookie: Rrrr! Ssss! Mmm!
*Some more snippets from old episodes
*The "Sesame Street Unpaved" intro from Noggin(heard mikealan talk about this)
*The "123 Sesame Street" intro as well---I'm sure there was one because I once saw a screencap for it and it had a furry blue arm(Grover possibly) holding a bunch of balloons with the title on it.

*Out to Lunch
*Julie on Sesame Street
*SS: 20 and Still Counting
*Stars and Street Forever(more of it)
*Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic(all 3 parts...in English)
*SS Pitch reel
*SS Test Pilots(all 5 of them)

BillKal

Reaction score
To whom it may concern:

Thanks for putting up on YOUTUBE Bert&Ernie at the Movies w/ Guy Smiley. That blue guy behind Bert is hilarious! --- Notice near the end of the sketch his glasses are hanging off his ear!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'd like to make a few comments here. I liked seeing the 1971 closing credits as well, but what I'm wondering was did they last more than that one season? I know the credits would have been different when cast changes were made, but other than that. Did they last until the Barkley closings were made or were there others different closings in the 70s?

I also liked seeing :frown: and :stick_out_tongue: at the movies. Yes, there was Guy Smiley with a different voice. Most likely because Henson was performing Ernie. Yet, he voiced both of them in "Do Dee Rubber Duck." Go figure. Then there was also Herry, not moving or talking. I'm guessing that's because Jerry Nelson was performing Mr. Lucky.

I also liked seeing the one with Bert, Ernie and Oscar and the ice cream cones. I've heard about it many times, but I've never actually seen it before it was up there. What, I'd like to see next is the one where Oscar gives Ernie the rubber duckie substitute. That sounds like a good one.

PiLfan

Reaction score
A real rarity with the clip of the 1971/72 closing credit sequence!(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-D52lN6A)

At the beginning you see Rafael (Raul Julia), Tom, and Mollie (Charlotte Rae) all interacting in the same scene. Considering these three were only on the show for that one year, and noggin i think only ran one or two episdoes from that year, seeing them all together is especially rare. Maria, Luis and David also debuted that year (at least their names appeared in the credits). So the cast that year was pretty big.

Raul Julia and Charlotte Rae are household names and obviously moved on to bigger and better things on screen (both big and small) and on stage, but not sure whatever happened to Tom's character.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
Raul Julia and Charlotte Rae are household names and obviously moved on to bigger and better things on screen (both big and small) and on stage, but not sure whatever happened to Tom's character.
There are things better than Sesame Street?:smile: I only know that Raul Julia appeared in the first two Adams Family movies, and only know that Charolette Rae appeared as a regular on Diff'rent Strokes and starred in it's spin-off, The Facts of Life. While many of those are bigger, and while they are all good, I wouldn't neccessarily call them "better" than Sesame Street.

Getting back to topic, I liked seeing Sam the Robot. And I finally got to hear his voice. Oddly enough, I kept thinking that he sounded like a Frank Oz character (must have been the synthesizor..... and I highly doubt that Oz would have originated the role because he hated performing full-body characters). I also liked seeing Kermit's lectures on big and small. I never knew that that lecture and the one on big, bigger, and biggest were actually a two-part skit. I saw a Muppet Wiki page for one episode featuring both skits, but I figured that they were meant to be seperate skits that just happeend to have a similar theme and just happened to be shown in the same episode. And it's interesting that Frank Oz performed the voices for all three monsters in part two. I would have expected Caroll Spinney to have voiced at least one (I'm not sure if Spinney actually performed in that skit or not). And if many of the voices were recorded seperately (could the entire audio have been pre-recorded?), then I wonder why Jim Henson didn't perform the vice of any of the monsters (he could have used his Rowlf voice for Splurge). And it looks like there were five performers in that skit (one performing Splurge's right hand, and maybe also his left). That means that there were at least five performers in the first season.

However, after watching these, I learned of what episodes will be on the Old School set. It has the first five premiers. I think that, out of respect for Sesame Workshop and Sony Wonder, it would be best not to watch anything on You Tube that we know will be included on the set. After all, we want the set to sell well enough for a second volume to be mad,e right? I saw that the entire first episode was uploaded on You Tube a long time ago, in a few different parts, but held off on watching them because I figured the first episode would definately be included in the set (out of what I didn't know at the time, I was most sure of this being included).

PinballStewie

Reaction score
THANK YOU JOHNNYTBIRD!!!!! (or whatever your screen name is)

Thanks a lot for posting "Big Kids Cry"!!! I can see why you would've been scared by it because of the blue fat guy's "tough" vocals the boisterously loud sobbing. I kinda was too when I was a kid; probably because I was insistent on believing big kids DIDN'T cry (but that's what was fun about seeing it on YouTube!) This song sounds instrumentally like the Who (particularly their "5:15") and vocally almost like X. I guess I'm vocally comparing these Muppets to X because there was a boy and a girl singing and they looked like they belonged in some sort of punk rock group (like John Doe and Exene Cervenka from X.) Anyway thanx Johnnytbird!!! Look forward to more posts from U!

PinballStewie

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
There are things better than Sesame Street?:smile: I only know that Raul Julia appeared in the first two Adams Family movies, and only know that Charolette Rae appeared as a regular on Diff'rent Strokes and starred in it's spin-off, The Facts of Life. While many of those are bigger, and while they are all good, I wouldn't neccessarily call them "better" than Sesame Street.

Getting back to topic, I liked seeing Sam the Robot. And I finally got to hear his voice. Oddly enough, I kept thinking that he sounded like a Frank Oz character (must have been the synthesizor..... and I highly doubt that Oz would have originated the role because he hated performing full-body characters). I also liked seeing Kermit's lectures on big and small. I never knew that that lecture and the one on big, bigger, and biggest were actually a two-part skit. I saw a Muppet Wiki page for one episode featuring both skits, but I figured that they were meant to be seperate skits that just happeend to have a similar theme and just happened to be shown in the same episode. And it's interesting that Frank Oz performed the voices for all three monsters in part two. I would have expected Caroll Spinney to have voiced at least one (I'm not sure if Spinney actually performed in that skit or not). And if many of the voices were recorded seperately (could the entire audio have been pre-recorded?), then I wonder why Jim Henson didn't perform the vice of any of the monsters (he could have used his Rowlf voice for Splurge). And it looks like there were five performers in that skit (one performing Splurge's right hand, and maybe also his left). That means that there were at least five performers in the first season.

However, after watching these, I learned of what episodes will be on the Old School set. It has the first five premiers. I think that, out of respect for Sesame Workshop and Sony Wonder, it would be best not to watch anything on You Tube that we know will be included on the set. After all, we want the set to sell well enough for a second volume to be mad,e right? I saw that the entire first episode was uploaded on You Tube a long time ago, in a few different parts, but held off on watching them because I figured the first episode would definately be included in the set (out of what I didn't know at the time, I was most sure of this being included).
I don't know. I might not buy the set. I might be uncomfortable going into a store and have people see me buy a "Sesame Street" disk. Plus, I'm still stuck with my parents. They might not want to see that lying around. Heck, my dad is following me around even as we speak and I can't watch the 'Jelmo' episode. I mean, not that I'm trying to dis the box set or anything. I'm sure it's a great collection. It's just that purchasing it might make me feel uncomfortable, so posting that stuff on 'You Tube' isn't a bad idea. I'd really like to see some other specifically Snuffy's debut.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hey, I'm sorry if I sounded a little selfish in my last post. It's just that my dad was driving me crazy.

Anyway, what I was saying, is that there might be fans of the show who might not by the DVD, so I believe that putting pieces of early episodes on 'You Tube' is a pretty good idea.