Coco Fans Unite!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
True, Leno is has no talent. I dare you guys, if you're ever forced to watch his show again, to count how many times the audience isn't really laughing for any other reason than to be polite.
Actually if you watch Letterman's show, it seems like his audience is programmed to clap at the correct time.

As for Jay, people can speculate all they want and hate the man all they want, bottom line is NBC's management is to blame. Sure I don't know why Jay couldn't tell NBC goodbye and go to FOX once his contract was out. The suits at NBC were the ones that kicked Jay out of his job back in 2004 in the first place when they feared Conan would go to another network and told him to announce Conan will take the reigns of the Tonight Show. Personally, if someone wants me gone even though I'm doing a good job, I'm out of the place.

Jay could have been secretly negotiated with another network, which would be FOX, once his tenure was coming to an end with NBC and go over there. Then he would have been competing with Nightline, Dave Letterman, and also Conan on NBC. Perhaps Jay would have been number 1 in the ratings.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
.The suits at NBC were the ones that kicked Jay out of his job back in 2004 in the first place when they feared Conan would go to another network and told him to announce Conan will take the reigns of the Tonight Show.
That's not entirely true. NBC didn't force Jay to leave although they may have pressured him into the situation. He should have declined the offer back then, but he let this passive aggressive charade play out that never permitted Conan's Tonight Show the same growth opportunities that Jay took advantage of over the three years it took to build an audience without having a pre-show cut the legs out from under him.

Jay demonstrates most of how the entertainment industry works through narcissism, covering your butt and blaming others. That’s the part I don’t like. The mainstream public made Jay popular because they felt he was one of them. He’s not particularly remarkable or talented, but he seemed like a regular guy. His latest move, however legal it is, smacks of Hollywood entitlement.

Conan worked hard for advancement for over 16 years, but didn’t receive the real-deal he was promised. It happens. NBC is at fault, but so is Jay. I really hope he tanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I say... anyone else enjoying David Letterman's schadenfreude over the whole affair against Jay? I forget when, but he had a commercial for the "new" Tonight Show with Jay Leno that just put everything perfectly in perspective.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I say... anyone else enjoying David Letterman's schadenfreude over the whole affair against Jay? I forget when, but he had a commercial for the "new" Tonight Show with Jay Leno that just put everything perfectly in perspective.
Letterman just loves using people as his own punching bag. I will say this, he and Leno have become extremely stale in the last 10 years or so with their shows. Letterman likes to sit behind his desk and chit chat with Paul too much. I loved the bit he did in the mid 90's where he worked at a Taco Bell or whatever and filmed it. Too bad he doesn't do that kinds of stunts anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... uh... I skipped Jay Leno's pillage of... errr return to the Tonight Show last night. How many lame jokes did he make at Tiger Woods's expense this time?

Can't wait until tonight when he has another ultra-right wing guest to try to get the old fuddy duddy demographic! :boo: :sleep: