Collector's Club Email Reply Turnaround

gringo

Reaction score
Jimbo -

I sent an email for a email change request and I never got a response back, until I got the email in regards to Fozzie.

Mark

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Over the past couple of days I've sent two emails to the collector's club, and so far no response... no Invisible Fozzie email either.

Not sure whats going on.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
OK, I am gonna address this one time here and then drop it. I am leaving for China on Sunday. Up until Thursday at the end of the day, I was handling a ton of e-mail correspondence for the club. Now that will transfer to someone else while I am gone. You MUST give them time to respond to your requests. For example, FLying Monkey you say you have e-mailed the last couple of days and received no response...it is the weekend now you know. No one is getting those e-mails. No one is even in the office.

In any case, please e-mail the club customer service e-mail address if you have problems. If it is simply a matter of you haven't received your package, be reasonable. Allow the 2-6 weeks we asked for to get it to you. If you aren't getting the e-mails from the club, I guarantee it is a fixable problem on your end. Yahoo, hotmail, .edu, all kinds of people are getting bounceback because of these and other free or work related e-mail addresses. There is a reason why they are free or work related kids...the free ones don't want to junk up their stuff with mail from businesses and your boss doesn't really want you getting non-work related e-mails either. So one way to fix this huge bounceback problem is if you get a PAID ISP!

Anyway, please be patient. We are doing the best we can here. You aren't going to get rooked...there are enough Invisible Spray Fozzie's to go around. And please do not use this board for your customer servive concerns when it comes to the club unless it is a failry unique anecdotal type thing, i.e. I Got A Beaker With A Bloody Fingerprint On It...or something like that! Otherwise it may not be addressed and we want to make sure we address it.

Thanks...

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Well I have a paid ISP, it is not work or school related, and the only filter I have I check regularly, and it does not get any of the club emails. Furthermore, my email (or name) is not listed on your site as one of those bouncing, so I make the assumption that it is not.

My point is, when I put 50 bucks into a club, and don't get any of their emails, or communications from them, Im going to take it to a public forum and discuss it with people I talk to. I sent an email a couple of weeks ago, and likewise never got a response. If my email bounces, then I expect it to be put on the list, otherwise, how am I to know it is bouncing?

Furthermore, I checked with our Customer Service, and they said that the only filter they use is Earthlink Spaminator (which is not picking up your emails), and the only way I couldn't get an email from Palisades is if they are using an Open Relay Spam Server, in which case no Earthlink customers could be reached. I use Outlook Express, and there are no rules set up, or senders blocked that would prohibit my emails going through.

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
OK, I am gonna address this one time here and then drop it. I am leaving for China on Sunday. Up until Thursday at the end of the day, I was handling a ton of e-mail correspondence for the club. Now that will transfer to someone else while I am gone. You MUST give them time to respond to your requests. For example, FLying Monkey you say you have e-mailed the last couple of days and received no response...it is the weekend now you know. No one is getting those e-mails. No one is even in the office.
I appreciate your reply on the boards. I wasn't accusing Pallisades of 'ignoring' the emails or complaints of Club members, just simply stating my frustration with Hotmail altogether. I understand that on the weekends, nobody will be at the office to reply to my emails for help. Also, I'm quite certain that the problem is in fact with Hotmail. The reason I posted to the board was to inquire with other Club members who may be using web-mail services (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc) to see if they were having the same problems. Of course, my post was rather brief and didn't explain that aspect too well (that's what I get for posting late at night after a few beers :smile:).
Again, I apologize if it seemed that I was ungrateful in any aspect. I think Pallisades is doing a bang-up job with this Club and the response from other members has been awesome. Have a great trip to China Ken!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Talk is fine...but the assumption from some is that you can get answers here, and if one of us doesn't come to the board and check it there could be the perception of bad customer service. I am just trying to urge people to go through the normal channels so they can be taken care of promptly, that's all. But discussion is certainly anybody's discretion.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
But discussion is certainly anybody's discretion.
No. Everyone please stop talking about it. It is boring.

(Although that bloody fingerprint figure sounds interesting.)

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
My point is, when I put 50 bucks into a club, and don't get any of their emails, or communications from them, Im going to take it to a public forum and discuss it with people I talk to. I sent an email a couple of weeks ago, and likewise never got a response. If my email bounces, then I expect it to be put on the list, otherwise, how am I to know it is bouncing?
I think the point is, if you really want to ask other regular forum members then fine, although if there is already a thread about the same thing then if you can, it's good nettiquete to add it to the end of that. If you want the official answers then you need to go to the official source via email - if anybody gets an answer to a query that other people are asking about then they could just post it up here or send it to Phillip to be added to the FAQ !

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
I apologize, I didnt know there was already a thread about getting replies to emails. That was originally all I wanted to know, I wasn't going to ask my customer service questions here, I just wanted to know how long a typical reply took to receive, then it ballooned into all of this.

I realize I should take it to email, with Palisades, but my later issue was, I havent been getting ANY emails from them. I realize an email sent Thursday doesnt warrant a response just yet, but I also emailed them two-three weeks ago with a club oriented question, likewise having never received a response. The only communications I've been able to get were from this board. I know, 100%, that there is nothing on my ISP, or computer that is preventing me from receiving emails, so I was a little set off by the fact that Ken got on here saying that he guaranteed it was something fixable on OUR end. I have a degree in Information Systems, I know how computers work, how ISPs work, and more specifically how MY computer and ISP work. If he wouldn't have placed the blame on us without even considering the possibility of there being a problem on their end, then I would have kept quiet and not said anything else; like I said, all I originally wanted to know was how long it typically took them to reply.

If I knew of a better means of contacting the Collectors Club, I would do so, unfortunately since it currently seems like there is something keeping emails from going back and forth between myself and Palisades, I brought the issue here. By all means, if there is a better way, non-email that is, to get ahold of them, I would use that, I don't want to purposely clog this forum with posts that aren't strictly action figure related.

I apologize for the negative tone this took on, but I felt a little attacked by what was said. I'll say it one last time, if I knew a better way to get in contact directly with Palisades, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I don't know about Earthlink, but I know several AOL users who don't get my emails from time to time. I don't get a bounce, so I don't ever realize they aren't getting my mails. They haven't done anything with their email filters to block me either. The emails just seem to disappear into a black hole somewhere. AOL is the only ISP that I have problems emailing (that I know of). So, I know it sounds strange, but it does happen. That could be why you're name isn't on the bounce list, but at the same time you aren't getting emails from them.