Collector's Club Email Reply Turnaround

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know maybe a solution to this might be if Palisades (until they get the passworded web site area set up) put the latest club email on an autoresponder address. That means if people just email the address (which only club members could be told) then it would automatically forward the person emailing, the latest club email. I bet that would solve so much time and also mean they didn't have to deal with all these bounced or not recieved email enquiries. People would just know to email that address and they'd have it with them within a few minutes.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
This might sound old-fashioned, but for the life of me I can't understand why, A) people don't try to call the company if they have an urgent question, or B) why people never pick up a pen and piece of paper and write down their darn inquiries... by the time you wait a week, you might be able to get a solid answer that way. Their are other forms of communication besides email and internet.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
This might sound old-fashioned, but for the life of me I can't understand why, A) people don't try to call the company if they have an urgent question, or B) why people never pick up a pen and piece of paper and write down their darn inquiries... by the time you wait a week, you might be able to get a solid answer that way. Their are other forms of communication besides email and internet.
Like I said above, if I knew of any other way to contact them, I would, even written or over the phone (I didnt say that specifically, but I would), but I cant find an address or number. Perhaps Im just skimming over it and Im missing it, but I'd call or write if I had the info.

Even if Palisades just had an automated response like "Thanks for writing, we received your email and will respond as soon as possible" etc, would be helpful. At least then you would know for sure that the email went through.

Edit: Ok, I was just skimming over it. I had been looking at their "Contact" page, no noticing the small address and number at the bottom. Ill give it a few more days, and call or write if I dont get a response.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Another tip for finding phone numbers for companies (if they have a toll-free number, which not all companies do, but a lot of them are listed this way) is to call the toll-free directory.

1-800-555-1212

And then just ask for your listing. It is free to use, and often will get you the information which you seek!

Rugbylass

Reaction score
I agree with our Mr Wookie- this is a great place to discuss the club if you're having problems! There are a few of us not getting the e-mails so I think this is a great place to work out why we're not getting the e-mails and how to fix it. Maybe there is something that our systems have in common which is causing it?

Although my e-mail is at my work address I've checked with our IT Manager and their are no filters of any sort on our e-mail server. I got one of the e-mails so why would it stop working all of a sudden? Anyone got any ideas? I'm willing to try anything! (Short of formatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows, that is :big_grin: ).

Luke's autoresponse idea is great- that would save a lot of this worrying, especially for those of us overseas who can't phone Palisades or write (well, we could write but we may as well send a carrier pigeon, it'd be quicker and cheaper!).

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rugbylass
... (well, we could write but we may as well send a carrier pigeon, it'd be quicker and cheaper!).
But just think of all those out-of-work Disney pigeons! I am sure they could use the employment about now. Have a heart; put a pigeon to work today!

:stick_out_tongue:

Struble

Reaction score
I am also having a problem with not receiving the club updates or receiving a reply when I e-mail the club address. I have e-mailed them from both the address I paypalled from and the address I asked them to sign up to the list. No dice. I have no spam filters. I have nothing that should be preventing me from getting these e-mails. I still don't know how to get myself a Fozzie, and it is pretty frustrating. So, I kinda understand other people getting upset when the blame is put on their end.

Sh.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Hey Struble, just click on that little email like under my post here and send me a note, requesting the club email for Fozzie and I'll send it to ya. :smile:

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
What I can't understand is why people read forum topics that obviously bore them, then complain about other people discussing them. Wouldn't that be like complaining to the Wall Street Journal about wasting space they could be using for comics with all those silly little codes and numbers?

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
All:

I know that many of you have concerns about the communication or lack of, that the club has given so far. I only post now to remind you that we are a small group and up until this week, Ken was basically running hte club singlehandedly. Now that he is off to China for a month, we are scrambling to get Tony (new guy) up to speed. Heck, he's still learning the answers to the questions at this point!

That's not an excuse, by any means. For htose of you who have sent us your hard-earned money, I expect to get you the answers that you seek. And quickly. As you undoubtedly know, we do not have a message board on our own website for these kind of issues. We are in ongoing debate about this. THe main problem is that we don't ahve the manpower to monitor the boards and get the answers out quickly.

In summary, the club was created to quell customer unrest, not add more! It's a case of basic economics. If we get enough members in teh club, then we can afford to put someone on in charge of just club correspondence. We're getting there, believe me. And every single one of you who has sent in to join, I appreciate it. I just ask that you continue to be patient, and contact us through the club email if you have issues. Club@PalisadesToys.com. It's there for you. It's really the best place to reach us with Club issues. We try to get out here on this board and some others as much as possible, but truth is, we just can't. And, even though Muppet Central is good enough to provide this forum, it belongs to them and not to Palisades.

Sorry for the long rant.

Mike H.