Commercial rant time...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People complaining about "stupid men" commercials, I see that trend is coming back in a slightly different way: a homely wife married to a loser husband who can barely speak in complete sentences... like the wife trying to get her husband to eat more fiber, but he says it makes him "saaaaad", or the wife inquiring about the cheese spread her husband bought while he's so wrapped up in his laptop his replies are barely five words long.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those are what I like to call lazy attempts at "This is how people talk" humor. Like a bad SNL skit or a terrible student film. Seriously, Napoleon Dynamite was 7 years ago.

There was a commercial I was all rip roarin' to go off on, but I can't remember which one it was. Trust me, the thing was ripe for complainin' ... but I can't remember which one.

I will say, the constant mail order product commercials I see all the time with syndicated programming are really starting to annoy me. The clumsy rhyming, the clumsy examples (who fumbles with things like that to that extent?), and the over all loudness. But I give them credit. They at least have the Kermit the Frog model of commercials. Tell the people what the product does.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, my turn to really rant about new commercials now...

I see Healthy Choice is copying off those annoying Comcast/xfinity commercials with "Oooh, look at me! I'm an uber-famous celebrity, that's why I eat this brand of food, 'cause I'm like soooo famous! Aren't I so modest?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, my turn to really rant about new commercials now...

I see Healthy Choice is copying off those annoying Comcast/xfinity commercials with "Oooh, look at me! I'm an uber-famous celebrity, that's why I eat this brand of food, 'cause I'm like soooo famous! Aren't I so modest?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
At least they aren't the umpteenth company copying off the I'm an Apple and I'm a PC commercials from years and years ago and try to be relevant. I mean, that's like still making references to Napoleon Dynamite or something. It's over. Those commercials ended years ago. Rip off something CURRENT!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okey-doke, here's my latest commercial rant, and I'm wondering how either of the Drtooth-heralde brigade feels about it...

Here we are living in a time period where the entire world is over a panic, because of all these "doomsday" signs from Wall Street that, "OMG! WE'RE HEADING INTO A DOUBLE-DIP RECESSION! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"... and now, here's these commercials trying to entice people into having babies; Johnson+Johnson seems to be the biggest culprit, but I have sen others.

It just seems like a senseless thing to do, basically saying, "Yeah, we know you can barely afford your rent, or to buy groceries, or feed yourself for dinner... but go ahead and have a baby anyway, 'cause, it's not like babies aren't cost-feasible..."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Okey-doke, here's my latest commercial rant, and I'm wondering how either of the Drtooth-heralde brigade feels about it...
Um...I'm honored! Lol

Well if you know you can't afford a child right now, I agree it's not a good idea to have one. That's why I think it's the man and woman's responsibility to take percautions before having sex.

But many people will keep having babies anyway (and I won't say that's anything other than a beautiful thing) and the companies know to keep targeting them.

mr3urious

Reaction score
People seriously need to learn that if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um...I'm honored! Lol
Eh, one can't help but notice often times how you and Drtooth kind of get sidetracked in a thread over the current topic of the discussion, lol.

But, at the same time, you're two of the more insightful and opinionated members we have here, so it's all worth reading just the same. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But, at the same time, you're two of the more insightful and opinionated members we have here, so it's all worth reading just the same. :smile:
Aw thank you. :smile: Well it's easy when you always seem to come up with stimulating topics. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here we are living in a time period where the entire world is over a panic, because of all these "doomsday" signs from Wall Street that, "OMG! WE'RE HEADING INTO A DOUBLE-DIP RECESSION! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"... and now, here's these commercials trying to entice people into having babies; Johnson+Johnson seems to be the biggest culprit, but I have sen others.
Oh man... at first I thought you were talking about those incessant commercials that keep saying "Times are tough" and "everyone's gotta be smart with their money these days" when these companies, I dunno... kinda caused it. I've heard some pretty scary paranoid skitzo commercials by wackos that just want to sell some book or are paid by the same big companies that get us into these messes. Jeez... I'm like... if you DON'T like the fact that people aren't giving you money, you can actually create..I dunno... JOBS so these people can GIVE you money?!?!

I don't think Johnson and Johnson is saying, "Hey! Become the next Octomom or other TLC circus side show and have as many kids as possible." They're basically saying, "Oh, isn't it nice to start a family?"

Now, I have problems with societal pressure that the ultimate goal is to have a family (which leads to people marrying and having kids for all the wrong reasons), but as long as they don't have a litter of freak kids I don't mind.