Commercials you love or hate

Phantom

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Do all dads have lame attempts at humor?
Yes. Yes we do. Thanks for noticing. :stick_out_tongue:

I hate those Boost Mobile commercials with the old people skateboarding and partying and streetracing and junk. It's just annoying. "Yo, giving a shout out to my posse...I've fallen and can't get up." "Yo, dog, you done broke a hip, old school."

I've always liked the VW commercial where the guy tackles the shopping cart. (uh, I'm alright)...

Also, (maybe should belong in pet peeve thread) cash advance ads and injury lawyer ads. (I realize they have to earn a living, but geezsh, they come off so fake "We care about YOU, not our part of the settlement. Yeah, right.)

I saw one the other day for an outfit that would get you a lump sum if you were receiving an annuity from a legal settlement or lottery winnings. All, I can say is, if I looked like the people in the ads and XYZ company got me a lump sum, I get some cosmetic surgery before I thanked anyone.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
If I can remember, I think lady blacksmith Mambazo (sp?) performed those. They have done a lot for Sesame Street.
Cool! I didn't know that. :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think that one drug commercial is ridiculous: Mom (turns off video game): "When I say no weed, I mean NO WEED!!!" I dunno, something really corny about that. And I hate those Sheetz commercials with the coffee bean seducing the breakfast sandwich. Yuck. :attitude:
Erin

dmx10101

Reaction score
"I think that one drug commercial is ridiculous: Mom (turns off video game): "When I say no weed, I mean NO WEED!!!" I dunno, something really corny about that."

That commercial is soooo annoying.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's some commercial for this Bionical game...

It has some lame father wearing a really stupid looking mask... the kid asks him what he is

The father says "I'm (such and such) the Bionic Man!"

The kid "It's Bionical!"

Then the father starts doing these stupid shooting lazer gun motions and crappy sound effects... I dunno why, but that commercial busts me the heck up everytime I see it!!! :excited:

Anyway, I really hate that car commercial where they keep showing a split screen of people and cars that somehow look alike. then it closes with "It must be love"

I CANNOT STAND THAT!!! It gets on my nerves every time.

I also hate the Vokeswagon commercial when the kid's foot is longer than the other... stupid!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Anyway, I really hate that car commercial where they keep showing a split screen of people and cars that somehow look alike. then it closes with "It must be love"

I CANNOT STAND THAT!!! It gets on my nerves every time.

I also hate the Vokeswagon commercial when the kid's foot is longer than the other... stupid!
Aw, I think those commercials are cute! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
"I think that one drug commercial is ridiculous: Mom (turns off video game): "When I say no weed, I mean NO WEED!!!" I dunno, something really corny about that.
LOL, I always say that along with the mom when it's on! :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what I think of the commercial

Mom: When I say no weed I mean NO WEED!!!

Kid: What?!?! I've never had any

Mom: That's it, Mister, you're grounded!!!

Kid: But I never...

Mom: And I mean No Weed!!!

Of course it's better than that commercial from the 80's with the Ninja Turtles in it

"I'm not a Chicken, you're a Turkey!" :zany:

Phantom

Reaction score
At my house, this kid would be abused. Weed indeed.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
LOL, I always say that along with the mom when it's on! :stick_out_tongue:
LOL!!! *tries to imagine Byron's mom voice* Of course, Nathan always does the same thing... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin