Cookie Monster after season 1

BEAR

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Okay, this thread has sort of morphed into changes in all the puppets, not just Cookie Monster, so I'll post this here...

Does anyone else remember "Bucket-Mouth Oscar"? It was a rebuild of Oscar where he could move his eyes back and forth, along with his moving eyebrows. But we called him "Bucket-Mouth" because for some reason, he had a huge bottom jaw. The moving eyes were really cool, but they only used him for a short time, because, as we would say in animation, he was "off-model".

:stick_out_tongue:
Yeah, I do remember Oscar having an unusually large head at one point.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
what season was 'bucket mouth'?
It was somewhere between 1972 and 1975, because that's when I was working at the Public Television station.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Good news for traders: "Bucket-Mouth Oscar" can be seen in show #573.

Was Once Ernie said:
This isn't the major rebuild I was talking about around Season 3. I think what you're talking about here was basically taking the same head and changing the features.
Ah, I see. Yeah, back then the puppet began to look more like the present one used. But the versions of E/B that probably stand out more to other designs was probably the ones from 1976-1982, when they both had fuzzier, "shinier" fleece. (Were they built by Caroly?)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'd like to see a 'bucket mouth' Oscar. I knew about orange Oscar and I've seen a second season picture of a bright green Oscar. I guess he went through quite a few different appearances before he looked like we know him today.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Hmm, that looks a lot like the "Bucket-Mouth" version. Perhaps they donated the puppet to the Institute? I'm not sure...

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Hmm, that looks a lot like the "Bucket-Mouth" version. Perhaps they donated the puppet to the Institute?
As I was posting these pictures, I started thinking that, too. But this one couldn't have movable eyes. It's hard to tell whether he has that giant bottom jaw or whether the fur is just more untrimmed.

I think I would have recognized "Bucket-Mouth" immediately when I saw him.