1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"Crash and Bernstein" puppet show debuts on Disney XD

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by snichols1973, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

...because the attractiveness of characters is all that matters. Forget depth and personality and all that.

TwoHeadedLlama likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Isn't that pretty much the basis of any given series on television today?

3. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

When it comes to personality, Crash seems to be a bit like Gonzo, because he appears to have a knack for being a daredevil "stunt-puppet", and maybe a bit of Animal's wild, zany antics (without the "Woman! Woman!" routine)....

4. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

That Gonzo comparrison is interesting as every now and then the Tim Lagasse's voice seems to go into a slight Gonzo sound...and by the way...I've never wanted to see a puppet puking in a bubble...I like this show but sometimes they take puppet abuse to a new level...my wife thinks the whole concept of the show is based around what gross disgusting and strange things they can do with a puppet...

5. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Not my kind of television program, I had a strong dislike for it.
    I agree that his personality is similar to Gonzo's though.

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Check out this cool interview with Crash I found:.

DannyRWW and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  7. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

interesting blog by Noel MacNeal on the lack of Puppets on TV here...he says there really are only two shows with puppets which is Crash and Sesame Street...I do like Crash but even if you don't at least its making an effort to do something with puppets that is not geared towards the preschool set...

Sgt Floyd likes this.
  8. antsamthompson9

I showed my mom a few episodes and she thinks Amanda, the oldest sister, looks and sounds like a young Britney Spears. Does anyone else think so?

9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I enjoy watching and yes some of it doesn't really seem all that bad but that's my opinon. I like watching it and glad to see something else other then just Sesame Street with puppet charcaters.

DannyRWW likes this.
  10. antsamthompson9

11. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I suppose it's alright. Not my favorite show in the world, but I can watch it every now and then.

12. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

13. antsamthompson9

Does anyone hope they do a musical episode? Tim is a great singer. Listen to him sing in these two clips: and .

14. antsamthompson9

Check out this great interview with Tim and Crash: .

DannyRWW likes this.
  15. antsamthompson9

Did anyone else love the musical number in tonight's episode? It's about time they did one!

16. antsamthompson9

Say what you want, but judging from the interview I put a link to, it's obvious Tim doesn't do it for the money. Paul did a panel at Dragon Con about fart jokes and boy humor, so he must have liked working on the show too. Paul's not with the show anymore though.

17. antsamthompson9

Does anyone know when the remaining Pranksgiving bits with Crash will air? I mean what time. Thank you!

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Johnny and the Sprites! One of my favorite shows growing up as a child.

19. mintinthebox

mintinthebox New Member

i really like this show. its pretty good. mostly because crash looks like Walter.

20. RaggMopp1987

RaggMopp1987 New Member

I...can't stand it. I tried watching the pilot, going into the show hoping it would be good, I had liked the bumpers/commercials for it on Disney XD, but I didn't even reach the half way point. They had the potential to do something good, but instead they decided to dumb it down for today's viewing audience and, as someone else mentioned, was really trying to see what bizarre, gross-out things they could do or get away with with a puppet. And in that regard, it makes me think it's a Meet the Feebles for kids. I can't believe it's lasted this long. :o