1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Crash and Bernstein" puppet show debuts on Disney XD

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by snichols1973, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I just stumbled into this thread, and having not watched the show yet, I'm left with this question: in a nutshell, what exactly is this? A sitcom geared toward kids? I just haven't quite grasped was is trying to be done here as of now...
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Here's the plot:
    The main kid Wyatt Bernstein, has three sisters. For his brithday his sisters bring him to the Build a Bestie store..which is kinda like Buld a Bear, Wyatt, tired of having sisters wishes he had a brother. Later, the "bestie" that he builds comes to life, and his name is Crash.
    The show takes off from there, the humor is funny, but has a lot of fart jokes in it, which takes away all the funniness in it. Crash is almost Muppety, probably becuase a Muppeteer works him...(I can't remember the namethis is so emabarrasing) there is some good humor in it, just lose all the fart jokes, the stupid dude vs. girl jokes, and you got a pretty decent show.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Sounds at least better than much of the stuff Disney Channel shows anymore...I might have to check it out...
  4. Muppet fan 123

Yes. You should check it out. Let us know your thoughts when you're done watching.

BTW, the Muppeteer who performs Crash is Tim Lagasse
  5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Like I said, Crash and Bernstein is the best show on Disney XD.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Though it doesn't take much to garner that ranking... :p

But to be serious, you guys are really making me want to check this thing out, I watched the last three minutes of an episode or so as it was on at 8:30, but that wasn't much to give me any impression of anything...
  7. Muppet fan 123

Of Crash and Bern?
    I'm not saying you'll like it..I didn't really like it myself, but I don't know about you, I only like it becuase of Crash, that's the only reason I would ever watch another episode of the show. He's just almost Muppety...
  8. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I like it more the more episodes I watch...I loved the one where he treated going to school like it was Prison..... They just have to make sure to keep the focus on Crash...when the sisters are focused on it gets a little annoying...crash is pretty funny though.
  9. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I only watch the pranks he does. Disney XD has too many commercials for me. But yes, crash is very funny!
  10. Walter

Walter Active Member

Two words.. TRON Uprising :fanatic:..

I've only seen the pilot.. I thought it was okay. But after hearing all of your comments, I think i'll give it another go!:)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  11. Muppet fan 123

I do hope Tron comes back for a second season, at this point, I don't know if that's going to happen. :(
    I hope Disney pulls in a gives Tron Uprising a second season to go with it.
  12. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I have to admit! I love that show! I love the Episode where he had a fear of Moustaches!
  13. DannyRWW

I am loving this show but I got to tell you they sure go out of there way to abuse that puppet
  14. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

He sure has a nack to break stuff
  15. RC1979

RC1979 Member

I guess is okay. My signature tells the truth about how the show came to be. I know that Tim Lagasse is a muppet performer, but I think of him on Oobi when he comes to mind. If I change my signature by any chance, here it is:
    Disney captured Walter and painted him purple, and put him in a red shirt for some new show that airs on Disney XD.
  16. robodog

robodog Active Member

Walter may look a bit like Crash but they have totally different personalities. Walter isn't a destructive type for one thing.
    One thing I don't get is how people Crash meets seem to take the fact that he is basically a living puppet in stride. Nobody seems to think this is a big deal. The first episode they show him being created and coming to life and the family treats it as highly strange. After that Crash just seems to roam about at will and no one he meets bats an eye. Maybe I should just repeat the Mystery Science Theatre mantra here.
  17. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

I love this show! It's really funny, and I was looking forward to it ever since I saw the promo. But I'm sad that they took it off for more Mr. Young. But it's only for a while, because Wikipedia says there are 26 episodes.
  18. DannyRWW

Yeah on their schedule it is back next week...though odd they replaced it this week... I'm really enjoying watching this with my kids.....
  19. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Those interview clips are better than any of the episodes I've seen thus far. That said, my 4 and 6 year old love it and it gives us a puppet show to watch outside of Muppet DVDs and Sesame Street.

...and Avengers is the best show on D XD, followe by Ultimate Spider-Man. Just saying.
  20. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I liked the newest episode where they have to deal with two annoying people. And about you guys not liking the sisters, I do. Amanda's hot, Cleo's cute, and Jasmine's adorable. Maybe if you guys would just give it a chance and watch a full episode, you guys would like it like I do.