Cruisin' Right Along (From Foz)...

Manda:-D

Reaction score
For us down here it's FREEZING....Unfortuntely, not cold enough yet for SNOW.....And actually, I don't live in New Orleans PER SE....I live on the Northshore of Lake Pontcatrain, in Covington....I used to live in NO, but we moved. We're only, like, a half-hour bridge drive away, though, and I'm over there all the time...I just always say New Orleans, b/c people have NO IDEA where Covington is! Besides, North OR Southshore, we're ALL New Orleanians at heart!

grail

Reaction score
i think i know where Covington is...i'm pretty sure i drove through it a couple times to get to my ex's place. (she's from Crawley, which is about 30-40 miles from Lafayette)

um...that's actually all i had to say...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I bet we drove right by Manda's house coming back to Memphis, TN!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just found out today that after our cruise returned, the second voyage of the Carnival Conquest had an outbreak of illnesses!!

BOY WERE WE LUCKY OR WHAT??!

I hope my 3 friends, Francesco, Carmen, and Denis (wait staff, steward) are all safe and healthy!!

NEW CASE OF SEA SICKNESS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 16, 2002 -- NEW ORLEANS - More than 200 guests on the cruise ship Carnival Conquest reported symptoms of a gastrointestinal illness on a voyage that ended yesterday, Carnival Cruise Lines said.

The company said it was treating the illness as a Norwalk-like virus, the same type of disease that has sickened hundreds of passengers on other cruise ships in recent months.

Carnival said it was working with the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to determine the cause.

The Conquest, which had 3,160 passengers, left New Orleans on Dec. 8. Its next seven-day cruise, to the western Caribbean, was supposed to depart last night.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gee, Foz.... that sure was a close shave, wasn't it. Too close...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We had just returned on Dec 8 that morning, and the cruise that left that night is the one that got sick!! ICK!! :eek:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I bet we drove right by Manda's house coming back to Memphis, TN!
Doubt that, unless you were REALLY lost!
....Read a/b the Carnival people getting sick in the paper....Yeesh, how many times do we have to, TELL you people:No eating oysters out of season!!! :-D
Actually, I don't know WHAT happened to them....

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS Kevin and Muley!!!

:big_grin:

So glad that y'all had a GRRRRRRRREAT time!! Sounds like it was A blast!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, By! It was lots of fun.

I don't think it was in the oysters...maybe the water? I was reminded by a friend of mine that our server was sick to his stomach one evening and had to leave the restaurant.

I saw pictures of Grand Cayman...WOW! That place is SO beautiful there. I'd live there if I could, to heck with hurricanes. The water was so clear. I miss it.