Danger Mouse and Powerpuff Girls both announced for comebacks

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked how the mini-golf episode with the giant robot Betty Boop/Owl Jolson terrorizing town had a twist in that she wasn't just looking for the golf ball that Buttercup refused to turn over from scoring a perfect game that she felt she earned, but rather
she was looking for the scorecard pencil that the more "moral" Blossom forgot to return, which was something that she's no stranger to as "A Very Special Blossom" from the original series can show you. And then all the robots come after the stuff that other people apparently stole from the golf course.
All in all, it's another one of Haley Mancini's better eps.

The beach episode was pretty funny, too, if only for the "Beach Mayor" who holds full jurisdiction over the beach, unlike the ordinary Mayor, in a delightfully Mayor-esque absurd fashion. Also loved how Blossom was reading a gender-swapped version of a Tintin comic at the beginning, too.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Buttercup getting all swole because of peer pressure fitness and learning why being so muscled up is a bad thing for her felt much like a classic episode once again. It's also a little reminiscent of the CatDog episode where Dog got freakishly buff and 'roid ragey from drinking nothing but protein shakes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really liked how Blossom was the one made to be afraid of the dentist, rather than the more obvious Bubbles or even Buttercup. Her aching tooth transforming her into a hulking monster with fingers (!) was pretty creepy, too. Also got some great absent-minded Mayor moments in there. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Finally got around to see the five-parter that introduced Bliss, a girl created before the PPGs from an accidental dose of Chemical W (though Chemicals A through T were also used beforehand as a gag). In this continuity, Bliss came about because Prof. Utonium wanted to best a rival named Professor Newtronium who created a perfect little boy (both of whom I'd like to see make full appearances someday), but her powers were too great and emotions too unstable, causing her to flee to a remote island and befriend a cute little teacup elephant named
Mih (pronounced "me"), who is later revealed as Him in disguise, hence his backwards name. He eventually plots to destroy Earth by using Saturn's rings to slice through it, and even though the girls save the day, Bliss has to leave yet again to help re-align Saturn and restore order in the Milky Way galaxy.

I do like Bliss (it helps that Marceline voiced her), but I admit that she looks like an OC on DeviantArt with her dark skin and large hips. Also, you could interpret Bliss' creation as the Prof. doing so for purely selfish reasons rather than a genuine desire for a child out of loneliness, but I'd go the more idealistic option and say that maybe he saw her that way at first, but quickly warmed up to her as a daughter. Also, while Mojo was mentioned as being good friends with Bliss, there was no mention that he had a hand in creating the PPGs. I really hope the new writers haven't forgotten that aspect.

I wonder if Bliss will ever get to meet Bullet the squirrel? Seems like those two would make the perfect team. :smile: