Danger Mouse and Powerpuff Girls both announced for comebacks

Drtooth

Reaction score
To the surprise of no one, the new PPG are going to be part of Lego Dimensions.

Almost wish they'd double the TTG, AT, and PPG Dimention game pieces with actual sets. I know AT is going to be a set, just more Mixel-like as you use the blocks to build the characters rather than have Minifigs. Surprised TTG hasn't been a set yet, though TT'03 versions of Starfire and Beast Boy were able to appear in a pricey Joker vs batman set.

mr3urious

Reaction score
We got some backstory for Silico, the villain first introduced at the end of "Viral Spiral". He hates the PPGs because of all the collateral damage they cause, albeit for a petty reason.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, how 'bout that rainy day episode? I thought it was going to be a retread of the one from the original where it was a super-meta parody of the show itself, but it at least went in its own direction. Here, Buttercup and Bubbles screw around in the Professor's lab against Blossom's orders and accidentally send Blossom through the time machine, turning her into various characters through time. Good thing Utonium was dim-witted enough to be unaware of everything.

And then there's the Halloween episode about a giant squash holding the girls hostage, and wouldn't let them free until they tell him a scary story. I liked how each of their stories focused on a different aspect of the girls' personalities, Blossom's being about her new neat freak ways, of course.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is something that kinda bugs me. Apparently Boomerang has taken to airing the new PPG cartoon, and I have a few problems with this.

First off, I really dislike the fact Boomerang runs shows they run on CN already. and I don't like that block of TTG and Gumball episodes being there. Especially since those are the two shows they run the most anyway. If it was at least Adventure Time or Regular Show or something they barely air.

Secondly, while it's obvious they should run the old series, the thing that's annoying is they use "coming up next" bumpers of the original series, which is misleading.

Third...the show hasn't shown that many episodes yet, has it? They're barely airing it on CN and even then, in early afternoon reruns.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was great to see Him returning for the third time, even though I totally called it. Also, am I the only one who felt kinda creeped out over Him-ified Bubbles and Blossom? Not just because of their voices, but also because of their new kinky boots they got in the process that made them look a good 10 years older. :eek:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Boy, it's getting awfully lonely around here. :sigh:

Anyway, "Poorbucks" was a really good episode, and definitely makes me wonder why something like this wasn't done in the original series. We get the age-old scenario of the rich person (i.e. Princess Morbucks) losing their wealth, and staying with the girls. Blossom teaches her to be nice with some struggles along the way, only for them to strike a bond in business strategies. Of course, she betrays them out of jealousy once she sees her entourage hanging out with a rival rich kid,
but she really does like her deep down no matter how much she wants to regret it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone catch the season 2 premiere, which was a two-parter focusing on Donny the unicorn? It was a nice focus on Donny's wimpiness and his tendency of screwing things up, which led to the dooming of his home world. We later learn that
Donny is "the chosen one" in that he has the power to make others laugh, which he uses to defeat the humorless villain in the episode with the very same face he made in the magic mirror to summon him and his minions.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Oh, come on! No one else wants to talk about this? :confused:

I must admit, when it comes to elderly superheroes, I actually prefer the new Green Wing episode over the one from the original with Captain Righteous and Lefty. Namely because Buttercup (who caused the events to unfold) actually got to fight the villain of the day, a Tom Jones wannabe who forces the old folks to dance themselves to death. Also, she didn't have an overly long transformation sequence.

C to the J

Reaction score
I'm just starting to catch up on the new season. And I recently discovered on DirecTV on demand a new short: Bubbs & Donny Get the Mail. Whoever's currently working on the series seems interested making a big deal out of the little things and making someone lose sight of a simple task. Oddly, Cartoon Network hasn't uploaded it to their YouTube channel yet.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Splitsville" definitely felt like something from the original series, and reminiscent of "Three Girls and a Monster", only dome differently. Here, the girls use their fighting strategies (Blossom's newfound planning obsession, Buttercup's muscle, and Bubbles' cuteness) to solve different problems in town as part of a bet on which movie they want to watch. However, their own strategies were useless, so they used each other's instead. Gotta love how Blossom went "hardcore" on that library robot, and all her deranged expressions that came with it.

And "15 Minutes of Fame" from the week before was also better than I thought, even though Haley Mancini was behind it. The title made it seem like Bubs would try to make her first viral video and have her compete with others, but instead she tries to top one she already made and it turns into a crappy, nonsensical arthouse film everyone hates, so she loses it by unfreezing the saber-toothed tiger in the museum from earlier to make the ultimate cat video. I also loved how the tiger was sent off to Citiesville in the end to fight off their giant rodent problem. So, nice reference there.