1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dark Crystal sequel may be headed to DVD

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Phillip, Jan 7, 2008.

1. cabbageheat

cabbageheat New Member

Soooo, no news on this since April? Wow. This is dead in the water it seems. I think I'm done getting excited about this. Oh well....moving on.
  2. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

so is everything just up in the air? no news?
  3. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

I hope that this is still going to happen even though things seem very slow at the moment it would so great to have a sequl to this great film .
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Wiki on this states:

Allyson Smith, the Henson Company's VP of New Media, responded to a question on Twitter about the project's status on April 16, 2009:

Development [of the Dark Crystal sequel] moves fwd, paying attention to what will serve fans & DC best. No details to announce. Check henson.com for updates.
    ____

So, it seems like another snag, but they want to move forward. Next month's Comic Con should hold more answers. People will be asking. It's just how many times can they pitch the same project before people grow weary from the spin? I just wanna movie.
  5. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

It is great that they want to movie forourd i sure hope that they do , it seems like from the statment that they are , you know jamie i totally agree with you that they what poeple could think about if they pitch the same project , and it my thoughts not produce anything . sigh , but i will hold out hope that they will come up with a great film , i really can not wait to here more .

I just want good news , aboiut them coming out with a seuel wither it is dircet to video or at the movies and then to DVD and Blu ray .;)
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I have no doubt that this movie is a priority with Henson. It's just like the Fraggle Movie...keeps getting pitched and pushed back. It will happen. I just don't think they're in a hurry. Much of the Jim Henson magic and drive seems missing with the company today. But he was a workaholic. Few people have that sort of gift he did. :)
  7. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Any news anyone?
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

At comic con they said a "couple of years", to follow after the Fraggle movie .. which is on schedule.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The leadership over at Henson seems easily distracted. None of those statements give me confidence that I had before hearing them. In fact, the wording has caused me to lose a bit of faith. :sympathy: