Days that make you go ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I cant say I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about bob hope either, lol.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Beth C! I've been reading about your situation and would love to help. If only I lived closer I could come and fix your computer up for you for free and you'd have a ton of muppet music too! Postage to places out of Australia is pretty expensive (it would be if I sent myself to come fix the computer) otherwise I'd send you some stuff.

Beth C

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Beth C! I've been reading about your situation and would love to help. If only I lived closer I could come and fix your computer up for you for free and you'd have a ton of muppet music too! Postage to places out of Australia is pretty expensive (it would be if I sent myself to come fix the computer) otherwise I'd send you some stuff.
I understand, and the offer is greatly appreciated. The only thing wrong with the computer is the power supply went on it. A new one costs $30 plus shipping. I can't seem to get that much together to get another one. Installing it is easy. Getting it is the hard part. It seems to be easier to get blood from a stone.

~Beth C

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Those power supplies can be more trouble than they are worth. Are you sure that is the problem? is it an older computer? My really old computer just stopped working one time and wouldnt even power up, I thought it was the power supply and then when it was taken to be fixed we found out that it had been blown up due to overheating or something.

Beth C

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Those power supplies can be more trouble than they are worth. Are you sure that is the problem? is it an older computer? My really old computer just stopped working one time and wouldnt even power up, I thought it was the power supply and then when it was taken to be fixed we found out that it had been blown up due to overheating or something.
Yep, I'm sure. It was making funny noises and then I heard a 'pop' and smoke came out of it. It's happened one other time, so I knew exactly what had happened. Just to be sure, I had the power supply removed and taken to a computer store where it was tested. Yep, the sucker had gone bad!

Ah well, I'll get it back someday. I just hope I do before my computer becomes obsolete while I'm waiting!

~Beth C

Whatever

Reaction score
I am gonna muffin this thread because I don't wanna start a new one. Yesterday I was talking to the college security guard (I work late taching German Supplemental Instruction and he stops by to chat) and he asked where I'm from. I told him St. Louis and he said I had an accent, and asked where it came from. Then I explained about having spent a year in Germany. I just find it weird that some people still think I have a German accent. I know I did when I first came back but I think it's worn off by now. No one's commented on it in ages. When I first got back, a lot of people asked if I was in Germany, or had trouble understanding me or whatever. Just odd to have gotten a comment now.

Beebers

Reaction score
*throws crate of giant muffins to Whatever*

:big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I just find it weird that some people still think I have a German accent. I know I did when I first came back but I think it's worn off by now. No one's commented on it in ages. When I first got back, a lot of people asked if I was in Germany, or had trouble understanding me or whatever. Just odd to have gotten a comment now.
Well, traces of accents and aural influences tend to hang on a long time. Tom, my fiance, and I are on the phone all the time because we're separated by major distances these days, and I'm the first Northerner he's spent extended periods of time talking to on a daily basis. Initially his Deep Deep South accent was so heavy I had him repeating half of everything he said. Now, what with talking with me so much, he's losing some of that and I miss it. He's picking up a little of my New England sound. Geez. Most people are pretty vulnerable to picking up accents. I really hope he doesn't lose the whole thing, it's part of his Considerable Charm. But I would imagine you have many a speechtrace of your time overseas.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
I don't mind sounding German. It just surprised me.
And I know how easily accents change. I can actually hear myself becoming British when I talk to British people, or Australian, etc. Like a chameleon.
But I lived in the South for nine years and refused to pick up a Southern accent. I'm a Midwesterner, and my American English reflects it.