Days that make you go ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Beth C

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I don't mind sounding German. It just surprised me.
And I know how easily accents change. I can actually hear myself becoming British when I talk to British people, or Australian, etc. Like a chameleon.
But I lived in the South for nine years and refused to pick up a Southern accent. I'm a Midwesterner, and my American English reflects it.

This whole thing about accents is funny, because I was born in Massachsetts but I only lived there until I was less than 2 years old. We moved to Florida at that time, yet people still insist I have that Boston accent.

How in the world would I have gotten it? I didn't start to talk until I got down here!

Go figure.

~Beth C

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I've got so many problems to take care of right now, it makes me go so crazy, I feel like I'm a defect! I have no job, (And apparently no life, yet) and not only that, I live in a corrupt city! I live in Champaign, IL, and I can tell you a lot about myself. One thing is: I lie to my grandparents a lot. I don't understand why. I wish I knew, and I wish I knew them better. I am inept in some ways, because I refuse to accept things as they are, or things as they will be.

For example, take the fact that I'll probably never be able to move out of my grandparents house, and the fact that I hate myself for living with them. I do have a lot of bad memories of when I moved to Champaign, IL.

It'd be to violent for me to tell you how I feel about what happened to me in my first year living with my grandparents.

I'll just post it somewhere.

Beth C

Reaction score
So much for a happy holiday - My rent check bounced. :frown: I can't wait to see what the landlord charges for bounced checks. This ought to be good.

I tried to draw blood from a stone and got burned instead. It went through (or tried to) yesterday and I was over $100 short. I hate that. Now the bank withdrew their $28 NSF fee leaving me with $10 for the week.

See what happens when you can't work overtime becuase of no car?

*sighs* Dang banks. Always taking what you ain't got any of. Now I gotta wait a full week again before I can buy food. I hate that. I need a better paying job.

~Beth C

Magellan

Reaction score
Ahhhh! Ahhhh! Paper due tomorrow...writers block...Ahhh!

Beth C

Reaction score
Magellan said:
Ahhhh! Ahhhh! Paper due tomorrow...writers block...Ahhh!
I hate writer's block! That just plain drives me crazy!

As to the rent check, well, I sweet talked the landlord into taking what I had and I will pay him the rest this week. Whew. Good thing it is Christmas or he wouldn't have done it.

Crazy banks. Gotta be careful of them.

~Beth C

Magellan

Reaction score
thats really good

i got my paper done at 630 this morning, then went to sleep for 3 hours

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
These days,the days that make me really go Arrrghhhh!!!,are the days when I'm saving my money to pay my bills & my car need repair or something major breaks down in my house(just recently my fridge leaked freon & it had to be replaced).:zany:

ceecee

Reaction score
What a perfect thread for me today. I've had just a yucky YUCKY day at work! At least now I know I'm not the only one who has bad days.

I really can't stand this job much longer. I don't mind the work I do so much, but the atmosphere is SO negative! I came this close to just walking out the door today. My boss treats me like a doormat. Alas, I can't really afford to be out of work, and there's not many jobs around here that would pay as good as this one (and I don't even think I make that much to begin with!) I look for jobs in the paper every day, but nothing fits what I am looking for, unless I want to be a "career minded individual" at Subway. (No offense if any of you are "career minded individuals" working at Subway)

Then, tonight, my husband and I are having his co-workers over for a xmas party, which I was looking forward to. But now I'm not in the mood for entertaining. I just want to snuggle with my cats and hubby and watch tv. But no.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant. It feels good.