Dealing with depression and anxiety

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I hope it's just something temporary and not a real bad downslide. Hope things work out.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
My educated guess is that it took this long for my body to get rid of the last of it.

Or I don't feel good because of the breathing problems, home problems, and long hours. *shrugs* :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
I'm inclined to regard most depression as situational. Hope your hours shorten, your lungs expand, and your home...um...becomes more like a HOME for you, Kelly! :sympathy:

------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, the irritating thing is that long hours also equal fatter paychecks. Oh, the frustrating paradox, LOL. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I think I know what's wrong: I spent three hours last night in the bathroom with it coming out both ends. I guess maybe I've been sick this whole time. :frown:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Bleh, stomach flu, Kelly? Been that done there hated it. I recommend chicken broth and jello...though not together...

----------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Ewww ... yeah, chicken noodle soup helped. :smile: I'm pretty much over it now.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I got to start using this Friends and Family forum more. Yeah I totally know what it's like with depression and anxiety. I have PTSD myself (Post Tramatic Stress Disorder) My father and his wife were very verbally abusive, I've had a history of ex-friends who took advantage of me, even recently a guy I knew for 5 years. And even rediscovering my gender / orientation identity of androgynous. Plus being single all my life and never had the oppertunatly of being in a romantic relationship that I always hoped to have since high school and even today at 23. Trying to get art work out there, people steeling it online and them making bullying prank youtube videos and pretending to be me (cyberbullied and trolled) and them stumping on my work, public access TV show people critizing me. etc. I've gone though a rocky road. And always had a therapist since I was a kid and still today.

But recently I found some new hopes.

(1. Just for the record, and of course. lol The Muppets always make me smile, sometimes a happy tear. Even if I feel my worst, for some reason it's like they are there to make me smile for that moment of joy.

(2. Jim Henson's quotes. For the artist in me, Jim had this philosophy that's so making. I strongly recommend "It's not easy being green and other things to conciser.

(3. LoveTypes. This is more for people who are single. But I am so fasinated with Myers Briggs / Carl Jung Personality Science and Androgyny attraction to the point where I discovered what my true love looks like and acts like. Unfortunatly it's the matter of who and where. The science is often used to finding careers but there's this guy by the name of Dr. Avila who wrote this book called LoveTypes and for over 10 years he has discovered ways to get people to the right track in finding true love and even friends. I highly recommend it. A bit pricey at times, but he's super nice and flexible.

(4. Probably the best thing I can recommend. In fact LoveTypes told me about this. To back up for a second. I've had a long history of getting medication that didn't do anything for me but make me drowsy and sleepy and didn't help my depression and anxiety none. Therapists would make me feel better and be sympathedic but nothing stuck to my head. Nothing has made me get out of depression faster than "The Law of Attraction - The Secret", I STRONGLY STRONGLY (*a million times Strongly) recommend the book and DVD.

I'll explain briefly what it is. It's about energy. Humans, outside, electronics, are made of energy. Energy can be magnetic. If you feel happy, happy will come to you like a magnet. If your feeling sad, sad will come to you. If you feel super angry, more stress will come to you. It all starts with being thankful for what you like about yourself and focusing on what you like and not what you don't like or want. Then you make a wish to the universe and wish whatever you want even if it seems impossible, don't second guess, wish it. And focus on it "I'm going to get that, It's coming to me." and you kept doing it. There's no time limit and before you know it, it'll be right in front of you like magic.

Now I totally know that this may sound totally ridiculous, illogical and crappy. But when you check out the book and especially the movie, they answer all those questions of logic. Even I was like, WHAT? But you'd be amazed. I went into a post office thinking positive thoughts and they gave me one of their pens after I told them I liked the style of the pen they had there. I had a wild cat come up to me letting me pet him or her. I've even had Joe Murray of Rocko's Modern Life sending me an email wanting to see one of my short films. I'm still trying to figure it out. But it's starting to get to the point where it's going beyond coinidence.

Like I mentioned, I strongly recommended it.

One more thing. I've woke up full of anxiety and stress feeling the world wants to get me, the world wants to hurt, feeling unsafe, I had the urge to just stay in bed all day so I popped in my Secret DVD and forced myself to watch it and guess what. It's like nice, caring people talking directly to you as if they know who you are and how you feel. It's not "sorry to hear that" but "we know a way to make you enjoy your life to the fullest? We can make you get rich, find true love, true friends and do and get whatever you want".

There was a Jim Henson quote where he said that people sometimes in their lives feel like the world is after them and they are the victum but they need to realize that they are not the victum but they are the one's who's doing it. I remembering thinking WHA? But now it makes so much sense to me.

Remember, you can't change the world, you can't change people. But you can change yourself. My mother usually bugged me with "think positive" and I was like HOW? It all starts with thinking about what makes you happy, wish and dream, have fath, believe, then BOOM, there you go. One order of happy life coming up :smile: Sounds crazy, but I think there's something there. Good Luck :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. I can relate to the struggles about dealing with self-identity and sexuality, as I am going through the process of coming to terms with my bisexuality and how I will approach relationships in the future. It's a tough things to have to deal with, because I've had to question a lot of my behaviors and even some feelings I had for people. Right after I came out to my friends I found myself crushing on someone who I knew could not reciprocate those feelings, and it was tough to deal with for a bit. I hope that you are able to continue on your path of positive thinking and that you will eventually find the right person for you.