1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Beth C

Beth C Active Member

I normally don't post my issues here on the web but this looked like a great place to unload some stress. I suffer from depression, anxiety and general low self esteem.

Right now i'm going through a difficult patch in my life where my landlord is trying to break me. The past month has been a living nightmare, and it doesn't look like it's going to end.

I might be homeless by the end of the weekend. I've gotten about as much help from family and friends as I can get and I can't expect any more.

Every day right now is a nightmare and I just want it to end. I'm at the end of my rope and don't know if I can hang on much longer.

2. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Whenever in life
    You find a wall,
    Feel around -
    There's always a door.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  3. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

What is the landlord doing? Some things you can take him to court. Depending on circumstances, judges might side with you while landlords get the book thrown at them.

4. Beth C

Beth C Active Member

it's long and drawn out. I will say I was in the wrong on this and I'm trying to fix everything that got destroyed but I really don't have the money and will soon be homeless. No judge would side with me as she has pictures of the damage.

5. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Hugs, Beth. I hope everything will work out.

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, after finishing college after a good long 4 years, I have been kind of mood-swingy, with a hint of just overthinking and anxiety.

Unfortunately, the latter has happened to me when I was in bachelor's (definitely harder than aasosiate's), and once you've been exposed to alot of stress for too long, it can catch up fast.

7. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

So true. I'm currently working on my bachelor's, and there are times where I felt like my head was going to explode!

8. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Start my next semester of grad school in 5 days...

I've been alright, I passed my class I failed the first time through and while I didn't get a perfect grade, I got enough to pass and move on.

I am worried about reading material etc...in my coming semester but, my mom is being oddly nice and said if it'll help me, I am more than welcome to purchase a speed-reading guide to improve my comprehension and all.

She's been oddly nice lately but, I'll leave it at that. I can't get used to that as I've learned but, I can enjoy the niceness while it lasts at an arm's length.

Had to take out money from my secret stash name change fund to get some cash for activities with my best friend but, it's nothing I can't get back sooner or later. And, that bugs me some only because I wish I could drive already and I could go and do all that name-change paperwork myself and finally be happy, at least in that regard. (I hate my legal name because my father gave it to me and, I hate having his last name).

Epilepsy sucks :( ( that's the reason I can't drive); first I was told I'd be a-okay in October to drive but now my doctor, female Ahhhnold (like Arnold Schwarzenegger), said not until November. I realize she's doctor and whatnot but I am so sick of being a pain and being unable to drive. Sure, my boyfriend and my bestie are super cool about it and keep telling me it's okay but, I'm a true Aries and am soooo impatient over it.

Though, I think a lot of my motivation to attempt to move past that anger/frustration of being unable to drive myself places and not feel useless is coming from the fact that, July made it 1 year of me being free of self-harm. I don't know how I got here but: here I am. I need to always keep fighting (I even have a shirt that says that from actor, Jared Padalecki's 'Always Keep Fighting' campaign which is about not letting depression get the better of you)

Sending good vibes all around ^^

9. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

If I let my true Taurus self hold sway (actually, April 21 is on the cusp, so shades of Aries, but patience rules here) I'd be the most stubborn son of a gun on two feet.
    Patience is not what we always want, but sometimes is what we need. Plus being humble enough to let others help. Yes, it's a big deal at your age to be able to drive on your own (freedom at stake). But think about this: there are some on this board that are too scared to get behind the wheel at all. You're already ahead of many people.

Even if you have to wait until November to be cleared to drive, it will be here before you know it. A good part of August is over already. Take a look and see how fast this year has gone by. You blink, it's over.

A year without self-harm? Give yourself a hand. You deserve to be proud of that.
    Life is tough. But look how far you've come. I'm proud of you.

10. LittleJerry92

Taking a break from my Facebook page due to real life mood swings.

Sometimes I just need to get away from people.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  11. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I took a FB break back in January, and it helped me feel better about a lot of things. Sometimes there's too much negativity online, especially with the BS in the news lately. For our own peace of mind, it's important not to get too caught up in this whirlpool. Hope that things get better for you soon.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  12. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Having a lot of trouble focusing today; I'd blame that on the rough start to my morning; I had to go and replace the router at my abuela's place because I go to school online and it died last night and I had to get up waaaaay earlier than normal and even with a nap, I'm still shaky and in a bad mood.

Maybe because some guy was rude on the phone to my abuelo and I cussed the guy out only to get a lecture about my bad mouth when, uh, my one Tía has a worse mouth than I do so, I don't know why they don't lecture her. Plus, seriously: there is scientific evidence to prove that people who cuss more are more intelligent.

I just wish I would disappear, more over the stupidity my doctor is putting me through. I have to go and see that disgusting sack of poo (the doctor, yes, I'm calling her a disgusting sack of poo) tomorrow and I have no desire to. She wants me hospitalized without reason and, my blood came back just dine, so what in the world is going on!? I absolutely hate her and well, everything else but, what else is new? If she keeps on like this, I'm looking for a new doctor but, my abuelos have convinced my mom to give her another chance -_-

Yet again, my boyfriend and a handful of friends are the only good things I have in my life. School is 50/50 because one of my professors is insanely difficult and the other is very accommodating and helpful.

Once more: wish I could disappear and never have to deal with any of this.

13. LittleJerry92

Aaaaand yet again I'm taking another Facebook break just to get away from all the drama that happens on that site to get my head straightened up.

I'm sorry, but if it's one thing that site has proven, it's how ****ing sheltered this country has become, and I blame this entirely on Obama. Not like Trump is doing any better, and I apologize if you do support him, but that's honestly how I feel about his time as president at this point.

14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you don't like Trump?

15. LittleJerry92

Tried to give him a chance, he flipped flopped on everything.

16. MikaelaMuppet

Do you like Hilary?

17. MikaelaMuppet

Didn't you just return?

18. LittleJerry92

No and no (to answer your question on Hillary).

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I really don't think we should get into politics on this thread. However, I will say I don't think we can blame the country's divisiveness on any one person.

muppetgem likes this.
  20. LittleJerry92

True. I guess we can also blame it on the social justice warriors that were obviously pampered their entire lives.