Desperately miserable, please help.

Drtooth

Reaction score
originally posted by beaker When no matter what we do seems unappreciated, insignificant, and we feel alone...we wonder what the heck is the point.
I can completely relate to the sheer scope of how you are feeling. But make no mistake, triumph will come soon for us. A holy war is coming...a personal jihad not of ammunition or missles, but of ideas, creativity, and endless splendor. For all those out there who have ever dared to dream and got put down for it...for those
that have never had a girlfriend...for those who despite their best efforts have no friends in real life OR ONLINE, nor get the respect or attention you deserve...our day or all out triumph is coming.
Next year is when the possible becomes the possible for us, but it is up to you to seize the day...see what you can do to make your future perfect.
Yeah. I only feel unappreciated because none of these artistic fools I have for teachers like my stuff. they do do art, and they must think it's hot ******, and have inflated egos.. BUT A D?!?!?! That's what I'd get for turning in a stick figure pencil drawing three days late! Much less a finished piece turned in the exact day it was due... I mean and these guys try to play nice and pretend to be your friends and then they STAB you in the back like that (which is why I have little faith in man kind, read some of my posts, and you can piece it together). I mean when I moved into a new house and started 7th grade, everyone was nice to everyone else, and I tired to make friends.. it worked for like 3 days, and everyone started treating me horribly. Now this... No wonder I don't have any friends. I'm afraid of them turning on me.

again, by beaker Heh, I tried emailing ya or AIM-ing ya before, but you have no email AIM link on your profile. I can understand if ya dont like contact with other people(heck my inbox is virtually always empty)...so just check up on this thread, we understand!
Sorry about that.. I thought I had that e-mail link.... maybe I have to fix my profile somewhere....

You see, I don't exactly HAVE AIM or anything... I don't even have a computer...too much money for me, and Though I want one, I can't quite get it now. And Basically, I do not have AIM...heh it's not that I'm avoiding many of you ('cept Murgatoad, lord I can't stand him) it's just that I don'thave anything like that.

Actually, I put your e-mail in my "adress book" in my mail folder... kinda odd, though.. I just don't send e-mails because..well, I forget to.. Us artists and madmen are like that..

So if you wanna drop me a line, my E-mail is lloydnebulon@yahoo.com

Sorry if I freaked anybody out, though...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I SAW WHAT WAS WRONG!!! my E-mail was hidden for some reason.. no WONDER why no one gave me any.. heh heh heh...

Should be fixed now!

Feeling a little better, but still upset about th' project...

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
If you wanna talk about whatever's wrong with me

drop me a line at:

^_^ Debo
Boober-baby, we'd all oike to disccus whatever's wrong with you, but right now we're focusing on Dr.Tooth. Furthermore, I don't think ther'es snough space on the web to get into what's wrong with you.

DrT. Glad to know you're feeling a bit better. You may not believe this but I know almost exactyaly what you'r going through right now. You have that dream and you know what you want but no idea ho to reach it and you feel like you've lost your sense of direction somewhere in and around everything else. rememeber at the beginning when I said "I've been felign a bit low too"? Same thing. And it's funny that you mentionhow hard you've wokredto get where you are because that's what's kept me going...how hard i've wored. it would seem silly to turn back or give in now. Keep going. A puppeteerfriend told me a torsy once that's I think applies here. he had been doing a character in a show and one of the puppet deisgners (a rahter respected puppet builder) would repeatedly rip him down. they would do a show....

Puppeteer: What did you think?

Designer: THAT was the worst bit of puppetry I've ever seen and YOU should be dragged out in to the street and shot.

Anyway, my friend said that at this point he had a choice. He could quit, give up and walkaway OR he could work harder and make it better and push himself as far as he could. Finally after about two years of working his tail off pusing himself he finally got.....

Designer: I like that little thing there you did with the eyes at that one point...but the rest of it was purely awful!!

(this was a compliment)

Now these two are very good friends and have a mutual respect for each other. But the pont is my firned was right. if you believe in your dream and in yorself, then you can't give up. You can either turn tail and run or you can contune to try and advance yourself. OK, soyo ugot a "D". Why? What was it that they didn't like? And are THEY the adience of your poject? Sometimes college professros, whil they now a lot, they're not always the best audience of an artist's work because they aren't THAT ARTIST's adience. I don't kno if any of this has helped but I'm gald to know you're feelign a bit better.

--Matt

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Glad you are starting to feel better honey. My piece of advice is to not worry about the project because all the stressing out and suicide talk isn't going to change that grade.

Be grateful that is your major problem - there are much worse things in this world i.e. getting cancer/aids or loved ones dying etc. When you compare a project grade with these major ideas a 'D' doesn't seem like such a big deal.

LOL
Amy

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
Boober-baby, we'd all oike to disccus whatever's wrong with you, but right now we're focusing on Dr.Tooth. Furthermore, I don't think ther'es snough space on the web to get into what's wrong with you.
(Laughs and laughs heartily) Gaaahhhhhhh... I didn't mean it that way! I meant if you wanna TALK with ME about whatever's WRONG with YOU. And the best part about this little grammatical error is that I wanna be an English Major! But really, if you wanna talk about whatever's wrong with me well...

It all started the day I was conceived. Y'see, originally I was siamese twin, but I was the evil half and killed the good half right at conception... (who wants me to continue? XP)

^_^ Debo

P.S Glad to hear that you're feeling better Dr. T! It's like Mokey would tell you, you've got to focus on the positive! ^_______^

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah Dr. T, remember that we love ya around here...just try to remember that nothin' lasts forever, and look at the bright side---you can only go UP from here!! And you WILL!!

Personally, my church family and my "internet family" are great, great comforts and supports of me. I'm still "new to the real world" (i.e., out of college and away from home), and school is usually for people NOT the happiest time of one's life (when it comes to high school, most people wouldn't like to have to do it again).

So please know that you're not alone, you WILL beat this, and people DO care about you. Probably ones in your personal life do even more than you realize...

Your pal,

Byron

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Dr Tooth, you see we all care for you. And about your school problems: High School was the worst time in my life (so far, I`m 21 :smile: ), but I always kept my dream for 6 years. And now the dream came true. A few years ago, I found life worthless, but now I love each day I am living.

The thing scarecroe wrote is very true. And take Foz` advise. Keep laughing. Make fun of everything you experience. See everything in perspective. Even the most important things.

Foreignman

Reaction score
"If just one person believes in you,
Deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...
Hard enough, and long enough,
It stands to reason, that someone else will think
"If he can do it, I can do it."

Making it: two whole people, who believe in you
Deep enough, and strong enough,
Believe in you.
Hard enough and long enough
There's bound to be some other person who
Believes in making it a threesome,
Making it three.....
People you can say: believe in me.....

And if three whole people,
Why not -- four?
And if four whole people,
Why not--more, and
more, and
more....

And when all those people,
Believe in you,
Deep enough, and strong enough,
Believe in you...
Hard enough, and long enough

It stands to reason that you yourself will
Start to see what everybody sees in
You...

And maybe even you,
Can believe in you... too!"

Drtooth, it seems quite evident right now that not just one person believe in you, but many. I'm one of them. You and your dreams will be in my prayers tonight.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dr Tooth

Take heart. Things are not really that bad. Take this from someone who took nearly twice as long to get his degree and changed majors three times! LOL!

I never had much trouble with the work, though. It was mostly being interested in it enough to turn it in on time. The best advice I can give you is not to give up hope. There is a place for you somewhere in all this. It just might take some time to find it.

In order to find it you must put your full passion into each course. You never know what will really interest you. Always play nice with teachers an take their advice in your class work for them. What they don't say is free game though! There is much creativity between the lines and many teachers actually appreciate that.

Also, never tear up any of your work! It's important to keep it even if only to show you how far you've come later on.

You are a special guy and if you just keep working hard you will eventually find your way. One semester of school in a lifetime is really not that important. Once you find a career in the creative field, very few people will ask if you went to college, much less where or what your GPA was. That's no excuse for doing poorly. Just put in the hours and eventually it will pay off!

As for friends and nobody caring. I don't often get along with creative people. Hey, we are all a stuck up bunch anyway. LOL! Contacts are important to make in school, but your core friends can be elsewhere. Works for me, but I always make sure to have contact with peers.

Hope you found this helpful. I know how the end of a semester can be. Really crazy! But everything will work out okay if you stick with it. Trust me!

beaker

Reaction score
I think there are different paths for different folks. After having this notion of a job and college shoved down my throat by so many people, I just took a vacation. Now I need a vacation from my vacation. The hours bleed into days...days into weeks, week into days. I dont see any time anymore. And yet, while I had seen my hopes and dreams lying on the ground...I am now firmly in the belief that I am standing on the shores of destiny. Reflecting where I have been, and looking toward the future.
I believe the future looks mighty bright. And even though it might seem like noone understands, we feel alone, and success in getting out creativity realized seems so far away...I think finally triumph will indeed come soon.

Anyways, that's just my little lat enight 3 cents.
Hope your feeling better James!