Desperately miserable, please help.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am feeling much better, and looking forward to revenge the only way I can..., SATIRE>>>

I have already thought up a great piece about some renegade cartoonist going around, smashing art galleries burning up Jackson Pollack pieces, and such.. the superhero comes in.. and completely sides with him.

In the non-drawn world, I can just give that guy dirty looks if he ever tries to talk to me.

I mean, of course in art people are unappreciated. Some dumb*** barfs on a piece of old, rotting wood and then he gets millions of dollars and someone like me fails, maybe these pretentious fools aren't worth my time. I'm not sad, but angry, but then being angry comes natural, and I can always gert through anger more easily, but impersonating Oscar the grouch. Heh heh heh

You guys are ALLLLLLL wonderful, and I thank all of you for helping me through this lousy week! You guys are lookin' Maaaaaaaaah-volous...

BTW, Foreignman... I really appreciater what you're doing.. I thank youy for you're song and dance.. but to tell you the truth, after the Jim Henson tribute, that song DEPRESSES THE HECK OUT OF ME... LOL!!!!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Dr. Tooth,

Know how you feel, Buddy.....Especially a/b being afraid to make friends b/c you're scared they'll turn on you. I lived that for many years. I had a MISERABLE time @ school in my childhood & only God, my family, my imagination & my life dreams saved me. (I became a writer b/c I HAD to have SOMEWHERE to go to escape from it all, so I created my OWN worlds.) I was SCARED TO DEATH to even TALK to people. Scared they'd hurt me again. You know what? The fear sucks a LOT more than the hurt. At least when you're hurt you know you've tried. And I know a/b how hard it is to make friends in person, too. But, a few years ago, I actually started making friends w/people who cared enough to get to know me more, and look beyond my quiet, scared exterior and see what I was really like. And, once I had friends that actually stuck around, I started to believe in myself a lot more, (like in the song), and before you knew it, I got the courage to be the real me in real life, and not just when I was writing! (.....Oh, and besides, maybe if you HAD drawn a stick figure and called it "abstract", you would have gotten an "A"! Hehehehehehe....) .....Anyhoo, just believe in yourself & what you're doing. You can't go wrong w/that! Forget everybody else's opinion! (Did they not tell Albert Einstein, Walt Disney, Jay Ward, and, of course, Jim Henson, that THEY were nuts? That thier ideas would never go anywhere?) As I always say to all my friends:I LOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOUUU!!!!!!!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
This may be a day late, but on the final presentation day, my rendering professor in college told me that I didn't cut it and I should change my major. I worked really hard on trying to please the man and I got ripped to shreds. I bawled my eyes out on the green line (train) and went home. I decided that he was crazy and I would continue to work hard in all my other classes. I got my BFA in Costume design anyway and was nominated for an award. Strangely, though i didn't win my school thinks I did and sent me a letter of Congratulations.
Also when I decided to go to LA my last semester in college my professors were not pleased at all,(we had a riduculous conference about going) but I went anyway and I learned so many things and had so much fun that I can't imagine what my life right now would be like If I didn't know those people I met in Califorinia.