Destination: Home

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Course you can beg for more of your own story. It's your story, and it's a free country. Would think those voices in your head would be forming a picket line by now over not getting any more story.

Just hope they don't unionize.
And take your time, the story's going good so far and we wanna know how it goes on from here.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Grey Men Talk

Two grey men sat in the cabin of the pick-up truck as it bounced down the road. Ten others sat in the truck bed with the muppets.

The man who had talked to Miss Piggy seemed to be second in command. His short blonde hair kept blowing in his face, and his brown eyes glinted in the sunlight. He reached around and knocked on the driver's side window.

"Take the long way, Eric," he said, and then he turned to face the muppets. "We're really worry about what we've been putting you all through."

"Yeah, right," Floyd said.

"I mean it," the man said. "We never wanted to do any of it."

"Then why did you?" Fozzie asked.

The man hesitated.

"Just tell them, Brian," another man said.

"Be quiet, John," Brian said. Then he looked at the muppets. "Galt told us to do those things," he said.

"And why listen to him?" Rowlf asked.

Brian's face darkened as he looked at the dog. "We have families, you know."

The men all nodded. The muppets looked at them, amazed.

"You mean you're scared of him, too?" Robin asked.

Brian looked at the frog sadly. "Yeah, kid," he said. "We're scared of him."

"That's why we're trying to help you out," John said.

Brian nodded. "We have to bring you to Galt's house. But we're doing everything we can to keep him from hurting you."

The rest of the men nodded in agreement. But somehow, the muppets weren't quite convinced.

Back in the dungeon, Kermit had taken one of the rags from his pile and done his best to clean as many of Miss Piggy's wounds as he could reach. When she woke up again, he helped her to lean up against the pile of rags in her cell. Then he tried to clean some more of her wounds. She was still weak, but her strength was slowly beginning to return.

"Kermie?" She managed to say. "What are we going to do?"

He sighed, set the rag aside, and took her hand. "I don't know, Piggy."

"Kermie..."

"Shh," he hushed her, gentley stroking her cheek.

The door slammed open. Startled, they turned to see Galt standing there. He unlocked and opened the door to Kermit's cell.

"Come here," he ordered.

Kermit didn't move. There was no way he wanted to leave Miss Piggy's side. He did not release her hand, nor did he move his other hand from her cheek.

Galt stormed over to the frog, grabbed his neck, and lifted him into the air.

"Now," he said, and he started to carry the frog out.

Kermit was shaking He turned his head back towards Miss Piggy. She was petrified, trying to hold back tears.

"Kermie..." she whimpered.

"Don't worry, Piggy," Kermit said, still shaking.

Galt laughed as the door slammed shut behind him.

Miss Piggy sat up, alarmed. "KERMIE!!!" she shouted. Then she collapsed back onto the rags, slipping into the darkness once more.

She awoke to the sound of the heavy door creaking open. The twelve men bustled in and placed ten muppets in their cells. On the left hand wall, the first cell was given to Dr. Teeth, followed by Janice, Floyd, Animal, and Zoot, and Robin was put in the cage. The right hand cage was given to Camilla, and next to her was Gonzo, then Fozzie, and then Rowlf, with Miss Piggy still lying on her pile of rags, next to Kermit's empty cell.

Then the men left, with Brian staying behind, stopping in front of Miss Piggy's cell.

"I... I'm sorry... Miss..." he stuttered, before hurrying out the door with the others.

The muppets stared at Miss Piggy, with her knotted hair, her ruined clothes, and her cuts and bruises.

"What happened?" Rowlf asked.

She felt a little stronger knowing that her friends were there. "When they... They took me... They put me in... in this room, and... and Galt was there... and... and he... he..." She winced. The pain was starting to come back. She didn't want to think about what had happened. But she pushed on. "... he... tied me... to a... to a chair.... and he... he beat me..."

By now she was crying. They could see she was in pain, and they didn't want to push her any more.

"Shh. It's alright, Miss Piggy. It's alright..." Rowlf tried to comfort her.

"Yeah," Fozzie said. "It'll be okay."

But Piggy shook her head. "No," she said through her tears. "He took Kermit!"

Silence fell in the room as Miss Piggy's sobs trailed off. Robin gripped the bars of his cage, holding them tight, as though it would help to hold himself together.

He sat down, deeply concerned. "Uncle Kermit..." he murmured.

Fozzie looked around at them. Kermit was gone? Galt had taken Kermit? He looked at Miss Piggy, and how battered she was. Then he looked around again. Wasn't there anything he could do?

"We called Gina," he said in a very matter-of-fact sort of way.

Miss Piggy looked up, encouraged. "What did she say?" she asked.

Fozzie looked down. "Well... um...."

Miss Piggy looked around, confused. They each shifted their weight, none of them wanting to tell her.

Dr. Teeth spoke gentley. "Galt's men came and took us before she could really say much of anything," he told her.

Miss Piggy drooped her head and sighed. A feeling of despair settled in all of them as silence fell once more in the dungeon.

There was nothing left to do.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
:cry: *sniff* :cry:

He beat her...

That's so sad...

What's he gonna do to Kermit?

Glad to see the 12 men won't hurt them. Another awesome chapter Lisa can't wait for more.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh I hope Gina makes it there soon! Another good chapter though, I'm still on the edge of my seat which is a good thing even if it's tough to read!

Beauregard

Reaction score
But of COURSE the twelve men won't hurt them. not when two of them are related to Jim Henson by birth!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I was HOPING someone would catch that!

And anyway, once I get outside where I belong this next chapter will come along rather well, I think. Want a hint about what happens? Oh you do? Good, I can torture you. No hint! Had one, but it gives too much away. Sorry!

I am so cruel...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and ye shall know the 12 men of gray. Ye shall know them as Brian, Eric, John, David, Joey, Matt, Caroll, Kevin, Martin, Kennedy, Chris, and Peter.

That is, if TogetherAgain wants to use these names for the twelve men in gray. Who are these men's names? That's for you guys to figure out.
Hope this at least helps get the story rolling in some small form or other.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Count, are you psychic? Seriously, I think you read my mind there. In my original draft, the driver was in fact Kevin. And where you now see John, it was going to be Eric. Only difference between your list and my head is that I was going to use Sam (of Sam and Friends fame) instead of Brian in my original draft. I like it better how I posted it, though. And I actually like your list for the names. (Of course the fact that it was almost directly out of my head helps... that's a little creepy)

And anyway, I must say that it is in this next chapter that we will see why Gina Brinks of "Destination: Home" reminds me of Karen of "SS: The Search for Bert".

Oops, I'm giving it away again...